- 1. Compress Video in Different Formats+
- 2. Compress Video from Devices/Apps +
- 3. Compress Video with Different Apps +
- 4. Compress Video for Different Purposes +
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Compress Video
- 5.2 Free Video Compressors
- 5.3 Top 5 Online MP3 Size Reducers
- 5.4 Top 8 Video Size Reducers for Android
- 5.5 Free MP4 Compressors
- 5.6 Top 7 Video Compressors
- 5.7 Top 10 Video Compressor for Mac
- 5.8 Top Audio Compressors
- 5.9 Compress Files to Small Size
- 5.10 Compress HD/FHD (4K/1080P) Videos
- 5.11 Compress A Video
Want to upload the super exciting video of your skydiving at your social media? Have some informational or interesting video that you want to share with others? If you have small size videos, uploading them can be a cakewalk, but in case of long HD videos, you might have to struggle a lot. First of all, many sites do not allow uploading all types of video formats. Secondly, even if the format is supported, long videos may take ages to upload and thus test your patience. Technology has a solution to all your problems, and in the above-mentioned situations, video compression comes to the rescue. Downsizing video file will not only make it easy to upload but will also be convenient to store for future. One of the simplest and pocket-friendly tools for video compression is Windows Movie Maker. The article below will help you with Windows Movie Maker compression and other best solution.
- Part 1. How to Use Windows Movie Maker to Reduce Video Size
- Part 2. How to Resize Video Using Windows Movie Maker Alternative
Windows Movie Maker is a popular and user-friendly tool that allows resizing videos in a quick and simple manner. Though Microsoft has officially discontinued the software as on 10th January 2017, you can still search for the copy of the software over the Internet and install it. Ensure to check all the files before installing to avoid the risk of any malware.
Windows Movie Maker compresses videosin an array of formats including AVI, MPG, M1V, MPEG, WMV, ASF, and others. So what about other formats and how to change Movie Maker file type? Use other online tool or a program to change the video file format and then go for optimising video.
Steps to compress video using Movie Maker
Step 1 Download, install and launch Movie Maker on your PC. Click Tasks > Capture> Import Video, to browse and add local videos. From the collection of videos, select the ones that you want to resize, and drag it to the Timeline panel of the software.
Step 2 Click File > Save Movie File > Create custom setting to open the Settings window.
Step 3: From the pop-up window, select from predefined settings or manually change the file parameters as per your requirements. Click Save for Movie Maker to compress video.
Movie Maker resizes video quickly and in a simple manner, but the program works only with Windows PC, have limited file format support, and does not feature other editing tools. Considering the above limitations, it would be a wise choice to go for alternative software that resizes videos and offer advanced editing functions as well. One best Windows Movie Maker alternative that can be considered here is Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. This super fast and super efficient software takes care of all your video related needs including- compressing, converting, editing, transferring, downloading, and others. Some striking features of the program include:
Best Video Compressor for Windows / Mac (Mojave included)
- Support more than 1000 files formats for compressing and converting videos.
- Facilitates changing file parameters like bitrate, frame rate, resolution, and quality to resize video.
- Allows to crop and trim video to reduce the size.
- Comes with pre-defined formats compatible with an array of devices.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Steps to reduce video size using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate:
Step 1 Open Wondershare software and add video file.
Launch the software on your PC/Mac. Hit + Add Files to browse and add video files from your PC. Alternatively, just drag and drop videos from your computer to the software.
Step 2 Select output format and change file settings to reduce video size.
To reduce the size of video using the software, you can opt for the one or more of the below methods.
Method 1: Reducing size by changing format
Open the drop-down menu next to Convert all files to: option. From the pop-up window, select format and resolution from the Video tab that will reduce the file size.
Method 2: Edit file parameters and quality
Hit the Edit icon next to the selected resolution or click +Create Custom to open the settings window. Change video quality, resolution, bitrate, and frame rate to downsize file. Click Create to save the settings.
Method 3: Cropping and trimming video
On the main interface, click crop or trim icon under the added video thumbnail to cut the unwanted parts of the videos.
Step 3 Start video compression.
Once all above settings are done, check the video size on the primary software interface and click Convert All to start the resizing process.
After the compression completes, you can tap the Output icon at the bottom of the main interface to see the compressed video.
Getting the best quality compressed video and sharing it with a host of sites using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. Have a free trial now!