- 1. Compress Video in Different Formats+
- 2. Compress Video from Devices/Apps +
- 3. Compress Video with Different Apps +
- 4. Compress Video for Different Purposes +
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Compress Video
- 5.2 Free Video Compressors
- 5.3 Top 5 Online MP3 Size Reducers
- 5.4 Top 8 Video Size Reducers for Android
- 5.5 Free MP4 Compressors
- 5.6 Top 7 Video Compressors
- 5.7 Top 10 Video Compressor for Mac
- 5.8 Top Audio Compressors
- 5.9 Compress Files to Small Size
- 5.10 Compress HD/FHD (4K/1080P) Videos
- 5.11 Compress A Video
Modern Android mobile devices are available there in the market with the capability of recording high-resolution 4K videos. This is really very good, but there is a downside that these videos consume a lot of space on your android mobile storage. This is really a very big issue for those people who don’t have any option to add an external memory card to Android, but this is also true that you can’t live without recording videos. Or when we want to preserve the maximum quality of our video, we normally share it between devices as it is, without transforming. However, sometimes we need to send a video by instant messaging, email or upload it quickly to YouTube, for example, and if the video takes hundreds of megabytes (or more than a gig if we talk about 4K videos), it becomes impossible. So now to overcome these issues, you can go for video size reducer for android mobile. These android video compression apps can decrease the size of video very easily. Now let’s go through this article to know about how to compress video size on android phone and computer.
Reducing the video size on Android may not work properly, but using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate you can quickly reduce the size of the video in a few clicks only. Once you have reduced the size of the video, you can instantly transfer that video to Android and iOS devices as well using this program. It is available for Mac and Windows operating systems. It supports downloading, converting, transferring, burning and editing videos which make it complete video solution software.
Best Video Compressor for Windows / Mac (Mojave included)
- Resize android videos and transfer directly to Android with one click.
- Supports more than 1000 video conversion formats to compress videos.
- Crop, merge, rotate and split videos within the program.
- Reduce video file size on android by adjusting video parameters like frame rate, bitrate, resolution etc.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Steps on How to compress android videos with Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate:
Step 1 Open this android compression app and add Android videos to compress.
The first step to resize video Android is to download and install the program on your PC or Mac, then launch it. Connect Android mobile device with the computer and then click the inverted triangle next to Add Files button in the program. Now choose Add from Device option.
Select the video from Android which you like to resize and click on Add to Convert List.
Note: Make sure you have enables “USB debugging” on your Android mobile.
Step 2 Customize video settings to compress video size.
Now in front of Convert all files to, click on the drop-down icon and then choose Video > MP4. Click on the Edit icon next to any Presets. In Preset setting window select Small Size tab and then click on +Create button. Click on the format you have created to select it.
Note: You can adjust other parameters like encoder, resolution, frame rate, bitrate and more to compress video on Android phone.
Step 3 Start compressing Android video.
Finally, after setting up everything hit Convert All button to start compression. Once it is completed, you can get your video in the desired small size.
Tips: You can transfer the compressed video to Android mobile directly using this software itself, learn more the detailes steps >
So, there you have it, you can use Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for successful Android video compression.
With the new technologies and Full HD cameras that already incorporate our Android devices, it is common that any video that we capture with our Android, however short, has a weight and we cannot send it for example by Gmail which limits the sending of files at 30 MB. If in these cases we need an android compression app and even we can find a video resizer for Android. Check the next 8 Android video size reducers:
1. Video Compressor
Google Play Store Rating: 3.6 Stars out of 5
Video Compressor is an Android video compression app available in play store for android mobile devices. This app is fully compatible with Android 3.0 and higher Android versions. This app is very easy to use and works perfectly for Android reduce video size. All you need to select the video from your Android mobile gallery and then set the duration of video in the video resizer for Android app. Once you have compressed video using Android compress video app you can share that video on your favorite social media platform such as Facebook, WhatsApp etc directly from the app.
- This app supports major mp4, 3gp and AVI video formats.
- The preview option is provided in the app before sharing it on Social media sites.
- The app gives error while trying to compress videos on Redmi Note 4.
- Unable to compress large size videos.
2. Video Compress
Google Play Store Rating: 4.4 Stars out of 5
Price: $ 0.62
Video Compress is a paid compression app for Android from available there in play store to reduce video size on Android. This app is also available there for free but free version contains annoying ads. This Android reduce video size app enables you to compress mobile recorded videos in different social network compatible size and length to share videos on social sites. This app supports almost all types of video formats to solve out the issue about how to compress video on Android phone.
- Converts video files to MP3 audio files.
- Rotates video.
- Extracts subtitles from videos.
- After Android video compression it won’t be able to delete the original video.
- Takes a lot of time in compressing videos than others.
3. VideoShow - Video Editor, Video Maker, Music, Free
Google Play Store Rating: 4.5 Stars out of 5
VideoShow is a video size reducer for Android app and allows you to reduce video size Android. This app is used by millions of users worldwide. This is a very user-friendly and offers you so many video editing features such as creating videos with photos. You can also add texts, FX effects, GIF, transitions to beautify your videos using this app. This app is also available for trial but with very limited features and annoying ads.
- More than 50 themes to create music videos of your choice.
- Compress videos and add music to video from local mobile device storage.
- Unable to move GIF files while selecting them.
- Many people are unable to post videos on Facebook which is created using this app.
4. VivaVideo - Free Video Editor
Google Play Store Rating: 4.6 Stars out of 5
VivaVideo is the best video compression app for Android in play store with cool rating by users. This video resizer for Android app is able to resize videos by trimming video length. You can buy it from play to reduce video size Android or use a trial version of this app for free. It comes with a very easy to use interface so anyone can easily use this app without having any technical knowledge.
- The reverse video feature is there in the app to make reverse videos.
- You can adjust the speed of video playback.
- Push notification service is running there always in the background.
- Refuse you to edit the video when you reinstall the app even if you have bought the paid version.
5. VidTrim - Video Editor
Google Play Store Rating: 4.2 Stars out of 5
VidTrim Android reduce video size is a free app and allows you to compress Android videos. This is a free version of VidTrim Pro app but supports ads in this version. It enables you to trim, merge, add video effects and extract audio from videos directly on your Android mobile devices. You can also rotate videos as per your need using this app.
- Trim video clips on the Android device right away.
- Convert videos to mp3 formats.
- Watermarks in the resulted videos in this version.
- Always there is the quality issue when trying to merge multiple videos together.
Rating Star from Google Play: 4.4 Stars out of 5
Price: $ 1.018 - $ 1.566
This is a new video compressor that supports more than 200 Android devices, Blackberry, Lumia, Samsung Galaxy, etc. It is a very good tool to compress and convert your videos into MP4, HD, MOV, AVI and more formats very fast, with easy steps and with high quality. You can edit the videos that you want to personalize like trim, crop/cut, choose your video resolution, etc, can rename your new videos and choose the output file to save it. It also is a video player so once you finished to compressing the video or editing you can watch it directly from the app. The speed for conversion and compress your video is very fast and help you to save space on your device.
- Compress video clips of any size.
- Converts videos to high-quality MP4 files.
- Crop, trim and cut videos of high quality without losing video quality.
- It doesn’t support 4K videos.
- Can have problems with WMV files.
Rating Star from Google Play: 4.3 Stars out of 5
Description: it can edit videos, compress them to save space on your device and share them with your friends through Facebook, Twitter, etc. YouCut is considered one of the best video trimmer app, also with it you can cut, add the music that you want to your video and adjust it volume audio and then compress it to upload it and share it to YouTube channel or just zip the video and save it on your device and save a lot of space. With YouCut you can convert your files into MP4 format and can edit the video by adding a small portion of different videos like a collage and create a new one for then share it directly with your friends through Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, etc, it also supports another format like 3gp, etc. If you are a youtuber, this app is excellent for you.
- Use its video editor to trim and cut videos.
- Support most video formats, like MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, 3GP etc.
- Easily convert videos to MP4 format.
- Only support set the start position of music.
- It doesn’t support filters for videos.
- It doesn’t support collage videos.
Merge multiple videos into one, with effects
Video compressor, it saves more than 90% space
Convert video files into MP4
Doesn’t have ending time selection;
The app cannot auto rotate with the screen
Cannot compress AVI videos.
Rating Star from Google Play: 4.6 Stars out of 5
Price: US$ 1.018 - $ 2.975
InShort is the best Instagram video and photo Editor without the presence of a watermark. You can make look really nice and personalize your photos with different stickers, can add texts, add filters and create original collages for then share it in this social media. You can find this app on your Android device in the Play Store and download it without problems because it is very easy to install it and use it. Also, you can personalize your videos adding your own music with its sync option and edit it with other features like trim, cut, etc for then convert any video into MP4 and HD output format. It support another formats like AVI, MOV, FLV, etc. and allow you to rotate, use zoom and flip the video.