- 1. Compress Video/Audio in Different Formats+
- 1.1 Compress MP4 on Winodws & Mac
- 1.2 Reduce Size of MP4
- 1.3 Resize MP4 Videos Online
- 1.4 Compress MP4 Online
- 1.5 Free MP4 Compressors
- 1.6 Compress FLV
- 1.7 Compress MKV
- 1.8 Compress MOV
- 1.9 Compress MOV Online
- 1.10 Compress WMV
- 1.11 Comrpess M4V
- 1.12 Compress MPEG/3GP
- 1.13 Compress H264 File
- 1.14 Compress AVI File
- 1.15 Reduce Size of MKV
- 1.16 Top 5 WebM Compressors
- 1.17 Compress WAV Free Online
- 1.18 FLAC Compression Software
- 1.19 Top 5 Online MP3 Size Reducers
- 1.20 Compress M4A Files Free Online
- 2. Compress Video from Devices/Apps +
- 2.1 Compress iPhone Video
- 2.2 Compress Camcorder Video
- 2.3 Compress GoPro Video
- 2.4 Compress QuickTime Video
- 2.5 Compress Fraps Video
- 2.6 Top 12 File Compressor for Android
- 2.7 MMS Video Size Limit for iPhone/Android
- 2.8 Shorten Videos on iPhone
- 2.9 10 Video Compressor App Android/iPhone
- 2.10 Top 8 Video Size Reducers for Android
- 3. Compress Video with Different Apps +
- 3.1 Resize Video in iMovie
- 3.2 Make VLC Resize Video
- 3.3 Make Windows Movie Maker Resize Video
- 3.4 Different Apps to Compress Video
- 3.5 Compress Videos with Windows Media Player Alternatives
- 3.6 Use FFmpeg to Resize Video
- 3.7 Apple Compressor 4 Alternative
- 3.8 Top 6 Clipchamp Alternatives
- 3.9 Top 7 Video Cutter and Compressor
- 3.10 HandBrake Video Compressor Alternative
- 4. Compress Video for Different Purposes +
- 4.1 Compress Video for Email
- 4.2 Compress Video for Web
- 4.3 Compress Video for YouTube
- 4.4 Compress Video for Vimeo
- 4.5 Compress Video for Facebook, Instagram
- 4.6 Twitter Video Compression
- 4.7 Resize Facebook Video Size
- 4.8 Resize Instagram Video Size
- 4.9 Compress YouTube Video Size
- 4.10 Compress Video for DVD
- 4.11 Send Large Files via Email
- 4.12 Compress Files for WhatsApp
- 4.13 Send Long Videos on WhatsApp
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Compress Video
- 5.2 Free Video Compressors
- 5.3 Top 13 Video Compressors
- 5.4 Top 10 Video Compressor for Mac
- 5.5 Top Audio Compressors
- 5.6 Top 8 Audio Compressor Free Online
- 5.7 Compress Files to Small Size
- 5.8 Compress HD/FHD (4K/1080P) Videos
- 5.9 Compress A Video
- 5.10 Compressed Video Formats
- 5.11 Top 8 Compression Software 2019
- 5.12 Top 9 File Compressors
- 5.13 How to Make A File Smaller
- 5.14 How to Make Video Smaller
- 5.15 Lossless Compression
- 5.16 Top 10 Ways to Reduce Video Size
- 5.17 Compress Files & Folders
- 5.18 Compress Folder Online and Free
- 5.19 Top 6 Online Size Converters
- 5.20 Top 10 Ways to Send Large Videos
- 5.21 Top 5 Video Resizer
- 5.22 Top 6 File Size Reducer
- 5.23 Shorten a Video Online and Free
- 5.24 Change MP4/MP3 Bitrate
- 5.25 11 Ways to Compress Videos Free Online
Video Shortener: How to Shorten a Video Online and Free
If you are running short of space while storing videos, shortening video length is one of the practical solutions. In situations like distorted video, unwanted video parts, and similar others, you may need to shorten the file and to complete this task quickly and neatly, a good video shortener is needed. In this article, we will discuss the best video shortener to edit videos with kinds of features and the method to shorten videos online.
- Part 1. Best Video Shortener to Shorten Video Clips
- Part 2. How to Shorten Videos Online and Free
- Part 3. More Tips to Edit Videos with Wondershare UniConverter
Part 1. Best Video Shortener to Shorten Video Clips
Much software is available for shortening the video clips and among the list we recommend Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) as the best one. This professional program facilitates cutting, trimming, and cropping the video without any quality loss. The process to short video clips is simple and fast. You can also compress your videos to reduce the size. Additional supported features of the software include video conversion, video download, transfer, recording, editing, and others.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox for Windows/Mac
- Video shortener to trim, crop, rotate videos with built-in video editor easily and quickly.
- Compress and convert videos without any quality loss.
- Support 1,000+ video formats like MP4/MOV/AVI/MKV/WMV/MPEG, etc.
- Edit, short videos, and change video resolution with real-time preview.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites by pasting URL.
- Burn videos to DVD/Blu-ray disc with free DVD menu template.
- Supports batch processing to compress and convert multiple files at a time.
- Toolbox with additional functions like Screen Recorder, VR Converter, GIF Maker, Fix Media Metadata, Cast to TV, and more.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/2003/Vista/XP, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps on how to shorten a video using Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Add Videos to Wondershare Video Shortener
Download, install and launch Wondershare UniConverter on your PC/Mac. Click on the +Add Files button from the Convert tab to browse and add local videos to be trimmed.
Step 2 Trim and Short Videos
Under the added video thumbnail, three editing icons for Trim, Crop, and Effect appear. Click on the Trim button to open a new window, move the slider on the video to select the part and then click on the Cut button to trim it. Next, click on the Save button to save the selected and cut part separately. To remove the unwanted part, select the part by moving the slider and then click on the Delete button. Finally, click on the Save button to confirm all changes.
Step 3 Choose Output Format
Once all parts of the video are trimmed and saved, open the drop-down menu at the Convert all files to: option on the top-right corner. A pop-up window will open, from where you can select an output format for your videos by clicking the Video tab.
Step 4 Save Trimmed Video
If you want to compress your videos further, click the compress icon on the Target tab and you'll get a new window to change settings. After all settings have been finished, click on the Convert All button to save and convert your videos quickly.
Part 2. How to Shorten Videos Online and Free
In addition to desktop software, a number of tools to shorten video online are available as well. One such decent program is video-cutter that facilitates cutting a small video as needed. The program needs no installation and works from the browser window. An array of video formats is supported by online tools for video shortening. Additional features include video cropping, rotating, editing, and choosing the desired quality. The files from your PC and cloud storage can be added for resizing and maximum supported file size is 500MB.
Steps on how to shorten a video using Video-Cutter
Step 1: Open https://online-video-cutter.com/ on your PC browser. Click on Open file button to browse and add local video from your PC. You can even add a video from a URL or Google Drive.
Step 2: Once the file is uploaded to the interface, move the slider and choose the video part that you want to keep. At the Quality tab, you can choose the desired quality in terms of resolution from the drop-down menu. You can also choose the output format from the given options.
Step 3: Click on the Cut button that will start the process of your video compression and shortening as needed. The processed file can be downloaded from the interface or can be directly saved to Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Free to use online program.
- Need no software download or installation.
- Simple and easy to use interface.
- Limited features support.
- Functioning depends on internet availability.
- The speed of trimming and video shortening is dependent on internet speed.
- Maximum 500MB of video can be uploaded for compressing.
Part 3. More Tips to Edit Videos with Wondershare UniConverter
Wondershare UniConverter is complete video editing software that supports an array of functions in addition to video trimming. Some of these useful features are as follows:
Crop & Rotate Videos: Using the software you can crop your added videos to achieve the perfect size that is needed for sharing or other purposes. The aspect ratio of the video can be changed like 16:9 or 4:3 as to fit different types of screens. You can also select the crop area size. You can even rotate the videos to get the right position for watching using Wondershare UniConverter. The program allows rotating clockwise or anti-clockwise and also allows flipping it horizontally and vertically.
Add Watermark: Watermark can be easily added to your videos using Wondershare UniConverter. You're allowed to add image or text watermark as your needs. Transparence percentage can also be set as needed.
Apply Effects: To add a personalized touch to your videos, the software allows adding special effects. You can add from a list of filters to give a customized look to the videos. Brightness, contrast, and saturation can be adjusted as needed. There is also an option for deinterlace. You can even preview the added effects in real time.
Customize Subtitles: You can search as well as embed subtitles from online sites to your videos using Wondershare UniConverter. The subtitles can also be customized with respect to size, font, transparency, position, and other factors.
Compress Video: A video can be compressed quickly and easily using the Compress feature from the toolbar tab of the software. In a single click, you can edit and choose the file size, quality, resolution, format, and bit rate of the video manually. There is also an option to move the size slider as needed that will automatically change the other parameters accordingly. Changes can also be previewed before confirming.
As the multiple functions to edit videos with cropping, trimming, rotating, adding watermarks, applying effects, customizing subtitle, and compressing video size, Wondershare UniConverter is your best video shortener for Windows and Mac system. Free download to create your wonderful videos easily.