- 1. Compress Video/Audio in Different Formats+
- 1.1 Compress MP4 on Winodws & Mac
- 1.2 Reduce Size of MP4
- 1.3 Resize MP4 Videos Online
- 1.4 Compress MP4 Online
- 1.5 Free MP4 Compressors
- 1.6 Compress FLV
- 1.7 Compress MKV
- 1.8 Compress MOV
- 1.9 Compress MOV Online
- 1.10 Compress WMV
- 1.11 Comrpess M4V
- 1.12 Compress MPEG/3GP
- 1.13 Compress H264 File
- 1.14 Compress AVI File
- 1.15 Reduce Size of MKV
- 1.16 Top 5 WebM Compressors
- 1.17 Compress WAV Free Online
- 1.18 FLAC Compression Software
- 1.19 Top 5 Online MP3 Size Reducers
- 1.20 Compress M4A Files Free Online
- 2. Compress Video from Devices/Apps +
- 2.1 Compress iPhone Video
- 2.2 Compress Camcorder Video
- 2.3 Compress GoPro Video
- 2.4 Compress QuickTime Video
- 2.5 Compress Fraps Video
- 2.6 Top 12 File Compressor for Android
- 2.7 MMS Video Size Limit for iPhone/Android
- 2.8 Shorten Videos on iPhone
- 2.9 10 Video Compressor App Android/iPhone
- 2.10 Top 8 Video Size Reducers for Android
- 3. Compress Video with Different Apps +
- 3.1 Resize Video in iMovie
- 3.2 Make VLC Resize Video
- 3.3 Make Windows Movie Maker Resize Video
- 3.4 Different Apps to Compress Video
- 3.5 Compress Videos with Windows Media Player Alternatives
- 3.6 Use FFmpeg to Resize Video
- 3.7 Apple Compressor 4 Alternative
- 3.8 Top 6 Clipchamp Alternatives
- 3.9 Top 7 Video Cutter and Compressor
- 3.10 HandBrake Video Compressor Alternative
- 4. Compress Video for Different Purposes +
- 4.1 Compress Video for Email
- 4.2 Compress Video for Web
- 4.3 Compress Video for YouTube
- 4.4 Compress Video for Vimeo
- 4.5 Compress Video for Facebook, Instagram
- 4.6 Twitter Video Compression
- 4.7 Resize Facebook Video Size
- 4.8 Resize Instagram Video Size
- 4.9 Compress YouTube Video Size
- 4.10 Compress Video for DVD
- 4.11 Send Large Files via Email
- 4.12 Compress Files for WhatsApp
- 4.13 Send Long Videos on WhatsApp
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Compress Video
- 5.2 Free Video Compressors
- 5.3 Top 7 Video Compressors
- 5.4 Top 10 Video Compressor for Mac
- 5.5 Top Audio Compressors
- 5.6 Top 8 Audio Compressor Free Online
- 5.7 Compress Files to Small Size
- 5.8 Compress HD/FHD (4K/1080P) Videos
- 5.9 Compress A Video
- 5.10 Compressed Video Formats
- 5.11 Top 8 Compression Software 2019
- 5.12 Top 9 File Compressors
- 5.13 How to Make A File Smaller
- 5.14 How to Make Video Smaller
- 5.15 Lossless Compression
- 5.16 Top 10 Ways to Reduce Video Size
- 5.17 Compress Files & Folders
- 5.18 Compress Folder Online and Free
- 5.19 Top 6 Online Size Converters
- 5.20 Top 10 Ways to Send Large Videos
- 5.21 Top 5 Video Resizer
- 5.22 Top 6 File Size Reducer
- 5.23 Shorten a Video Online and Free
- 5.24 Change MP4/MP3 Bitrate
- 5.25 11 Ways to Compress Videos Free Online
Top 10 Video Compressor Apps for Android/iOS in 2020
The present-day smartphones facilitate recording high-resolution videos that occupy a lot of space on your device. Moreover, these high-quality videos are difficult to share over the internet and or share with friends due to large size and bandwidth issues. So, many people are looking for a video compressor app that allows reducing and compressing the file size. This article will discuss the top 10 app compressors for Android or iPhone, and the best way to compress videos without losing quality on Windows/Mac.
- Part 1. Top 5 Video Compression App for Android
- Part 2. Best 5 Video Compressor App for iPhone
- Part 3. Best Video Compressor App to Compress Videos on Windows/Mac
Part 1. Top 5 Video Compression App for Android
The Android app store comes loaded with a wide range of apps in all categories and video compression is not an exception. To help you with the selection process, listed below are the top 5 video compression apps for android.
1. Video Compressor
This popular app by ANDROID PIXELS is rated 3.6 on the Google Play Store and comes packed with all needed video compression features. This excellent app allows compressing and reducing the size of your MP4, 3GP, and AVI videos in a simple manner without any quality loss. The videos can be compressed to be used on iOS devices or an array of websites. Android smartphones running on OS version 3.0 and above are supported by the app. There is also a preview option to check the videos before compressing them. The compressed videos can also be shared over different social media sites like Facebook, WhatsApp, and others.
With 4.5 rating on Google Play Store, this is another popular Android video size reducer app compressor that is free to use and allows compressing video files without losing quality. Almost all popular formats like WMV, MKV, MP4, MOV, and others are supported by the app for compression and other purposes. In addition to video compression, the app supports an array of other features like video trimming, video editing, stabilizing, rotating, cropping, renaming videos, changing audio frequency, video conversion. The interface of the app is simple to use and the process is quick.
With 4.2 rating Video Transcoder is a decent Android application that is free to use and support all popular video format types like FLV, MP4, GIF, AVI, WebM, and others. The app trims the video in order to compress it. The open source program FFmpeg is used by the app in order to transcode the videos from one format to the other. The process of compressing is simple and fast.
4. Resize Video
This app developed by CodeEdifice is rated 3.4 on Google Play Store and allows changing and compressing the video files as needed. The videos can also be trimmed to remove the unwanted parts. If needed, music can also be added to the desired video for personalization. To create a mute video, its audio can be removed when needed. The videos can be shared over Facebook, Gmail, and other social networking sites using Resize Video.
5. Video Compressor by Sunshine
With 3.8 Google Play Store rating, this app is developed by SPIKA INC. and allows compressing multiple files at a time without losing quality. The app supports FHD, SD, and HD video file compression settings and facilitates playing the videos in the app itself. The videos can be transferred as well as shared using the app. You can free up to 90% of your smartphone memory by deleting, saving, and overwriting the videos as needed.
Part 2. Best 5 Video Compressor App for iPhone
For iPhone, there are a decent number of iOS compressor apps available with a different set of features and functions. Listed below are the top 5 apps in the category.
With 3.1 rating, Video Compressor is a decent app developed by FBM. The app comes with a simple interface that makes it easy to use for all types of users. The videos recorded using the iPhone Camera can be easily compressed and reduced over 70% in size. The program supports 720p, VGA, and low-resolution compression as needed. Video trimming of the unwanted part can also be done.
Developed by AppAspect technologies Pvt Ltd. The Smart Video Compressor app is rated 4.6 on the Play Store. The app is free to use and allows compressing your desired files in a simple and quick manner. While compressing HD video you can reduce the file size by over 70% to 80%. Video can be compressed in 720p, VGA and low-quality videos. Live compression progress of the file can also be checked. Metadata can be retained using the app. There is no time limit and no watermark to the processed files.
The free to use apple compressor is developed by Martin Brachmann and is rated 4.5 on App Store. The video can be shrinked and compressed in order to save the space on the device. The app allows compressing a single file, multiple files or an entire album as needed. The strength of the compression can also be customized by selecting the bit rate and the resolution of the file. Image quality before compression can be checked with the preview feature. Additional features include deleting original videos to save space, work with 4K videos, simple and intuitive interface, and others.
This video resize app for iPhone is free to use and has an app store rating of 4.6. Developed by Chen Wang, the app allows video compression without any time limit or a watermark. Batch processing of multiple files is also supported for quick compression. With advanced algorithms, the app ensures compression in high quality. An array of file formats is supported by the app including 3GP, MP4, AVI, MPG, and others. Compression parameters as needed can be selected and there is also an option to preview the storage before the process.
Developed by Yong Chen, this video compressor iOS app is free to use and rated 4.6 on the App Store. With the simple interface, the app is easy to use and allows compressing the files in good quality. The videos can be cropped, trimmed, spilt, cut, merged, and rotated as needed. You can compress either a single file or multiple files using the app. There are multiple resolution options available for H.264 and HEVC files. Additional features include support for multiple bit rate options, a preview function, retaining metadata, and others.
Part 3. Best Video Compressor App to Compress Videos on Windows/Mac
If you are looking for a tool to compress videos on your Windows or Mac system, then Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is the best video compressor app. Using this feature-packed program, an array of video formats can be compressed without any quality loss in a simple and super fast manner. The added file can be reduced in size by changing file parameters like resolution, quality and bitrate. There is also an option to preview the changes made to the file before compression.
- Compress and reduce video size easily and customize parameters like video resolution, bitrate, and others.
- Support 1,000+ video formats to compress and convert without any quality loss.
- Edit videos with features of cropping, trimming, rotating, adding watermarks, applying effects, etc.
- Transfer videos from PC/Mac to Android/iPhone devices easily with a USB cable.
- Check compressed video effects with real-time preview.
- Supports batch processing to compress and convert multiple files at a time.
- Toolbox with additional functions like Screen Recorder, Video Downloader, GIF Maker, Fix Media Metadata, Cast to TV, and more.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/2003/Vista/XP, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps on how to compress videos using Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Launch Wondershare Video Compressor for Win/Mac and Add Videos
Open Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) video compressor app on your PC/Mac. Select the option of Video Compress from the Toolbox tab.
A new pop-up window appears, from where click on the + sign to browse and add a video from PC/Mac to be compressed.
Step 2 Customize Compression Settings
After the video file is added, select the settings for video compression including file size, video format, video resolution, output quality, and bitrate. Moving the progress bar also helps to select the compression percentage that automatically adjusts the file parameters. You're allowed to preview the compressed videos for 20s.
Step 3 Compress Video on Win/Mac Easily
Once all settings are done, click on the Save file: tab to choose file location where you want to save the compressed video. Finally, click on the Compress button to start the video compression process.
As you can transfer your compressed videos from PC/Mac to iPhone, Android, and other external devices easily via a USB cable >>, just enjoy the abundant features and ultimate using experience of the best video compressor app - Wondershare UniConverter.