- 1. Compress Video in Different Formats+
- 2. Compress Video from Devices/Apps +
- 3. Compress Video with Different Apps +
- 4. Compress Video for Different Purposes +
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Compress Video
- 5.2 Free Video Compressors
- 5.3 Top 5 Online MP3 Size Reducers
- 5.4 Top 8 Video Size Reducers for Android
- 5.5 Free MP4 Compressors
- 5.6 Top 7 Video Compressors
- 5.7 Top 10 Video Compressor for Mac
- 5.8 Top Audio Compressors
- 5.9 Compress Files to Small Size
- 5.10 Compress HD/FHD (4K/1080P) Videos
- 5.11 Compress A Video
Vimeo is a great video sharing site on which users can upload, share and view videos. It features SD and 720p HD playback and offers users 500MB free storage every week. In order to maximize your storage space and ensure your videos play smoothly, you may need to compress videos before uploading them to Vimeo. Here, a fully-featured tool- Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate can help you easily compress videos for Vimeo uploading. Now keep reading for step-by-step instructions on video compression for Vimeo.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Compress video for Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook and other social networks by converting to smaller video formats.
- Compress video for Vimeo by trimming or cropping videos.
- Compress video for Vimeo by adjusting video parameters like resolution, bitrate, frame rate etc.
- 30X faster compression speed than other common compressors.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Detailed Guide to Compress Video for Vimeo:
Step 1 Load the videos you need to compress.
After installing and running this video converter, click Add Files or directly drag-n-drop all the videos that need compressing to the primary window. You will find that all the imported videos will be shown as thumbnails in the item tray. You can arrange the order or change the names of files if necessary.
Step 2 Change the settings of the videos.
To compress videos for Vimeo, click the inverted trianlge beside Convert all files to:, from the drop-down list select Video > Vimeo, then click Edit icon beside the resolution to enter the Settings window. In the pop up window, you can manually adjust different kinds of settings. Vimeo accepts most major video codecs, but for best results you’d better choose H.264. It supports videos with constant frame rates of 24, 25, or 30 (or 29.97) frames per second. If your videos were shot at higher frames, you should encode them at half the original frame rates. Then you’ll need to limit the bit rate of your videos to 2,000-5,000 kbps for SD and 5,000-10,000 kbps for 720p HD video. Alternatively, you can choose Small Size to shrink Vimeo video intelligently.
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate also enables you to adjust the settings of audio. The data rate should be limited to 320 kbps and the sample rate should be 48 kHz. If the audio project is less than 48 kHz, just leave it at the current sample rate.
After adjusting the settings of your videos, click Create and then select the newly-built format, you’ll return to the primary window. Here you can click the Play icon to preview the output result.
Tip: If you want to upload full HD or 1920 x 1080 videos, you need to upgrade the Vimeo account. Vimeo offers two different upgrades - Plus and PRO - that feature advanced options for showcasing your videos at the best.
Step 3 Export the compressed videos and upload them to Vimeo.
If you’re satisfied with the result, hit Convert All to activate the compression process right away. This program supports compressing multiple videos simultaneously in batch which saves you time. When the conversion completes, you can click Output icon to locate the compressed files directly.