- 1. MOV Video Tool+
- 1.1 Best MOV Converter
- 1.2 Free MOV Converter
- 1.3 MOV to MP4 Converter Online
- 1.4 MOV to AVI Converter
- 1.5 MOV to WMV Converter
- 1.6 MP4 to MOV Converter Online
- 1.7 AVI to MOV Converter
- 1.8 AVI to MOV Converter Online
- 1.9 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 1.10 MTS to MOV Converter
- 1.11 Free MOV to AVI Converter
- 1.12 Convert MOV to MP4 Android
- 2. Convert MOV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MOV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MOV to MP4 Free
- 2.3 Convert MOV to MP4 Mac
- 2.4 Convert MOV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MOV to WMV
- 2.6 Convert MOV to DVD
- 2.7 Convert MOV to FLV
- 2.8 Convert MOV to AVI Mac
- 2.9 Convert MOV to MKV
- 2.10 Convert MOV to WMA
- 2.11 import MOV to iMovie
- 2.12 Convert MOV to Adobe
- 2.13 Convert MOV to WMV Mac
- 2.14 Convert MOV to MPG
- 2.15 Convert MOV to MPEG
- 2.16 Convert MOV to WAV
- 2.17 Convert MOV to 3GP
- 2.18 Convert MOV to WebM
- 2.19 Convert MOV to VOB
- 2.20 Convert MOV to M4V
- 2.21 Convert MOV to SWF
- 2.22 Convert MOV to HTML5
- 2.23 Convert MOV to YouTube
- 2.24 QuickTime to Media Player
- 2.25 Convert MOV to iTunes
- 2.26 Convert MOV to QuickTime
- 2.27 Convert MOV to JPG
- 2.28 Convert MOV to GIF
- 2.29 Convert MOV to MP4 FFmpeg
- 3. Convert Other Format to MOV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MOV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MOV Mac
- 3.3 Convert MKV to MOV
- 3.4 Convert WMV to MOV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MOV Online
- 3.6 Convert WMV to MOV on Mac
- 3.7 Convert FLV to MOV Online
- 3.8 Convert MPG to MOV
- 3.9 Convert M4V to MOV
- 3.10 Convert YouTube to MOV
- 3.11 Convert 3GP to MOV Online
- 3.12 Convert WebM to MOV
- 3.13 Convert AVCHD to MOV
- 3.14 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.15 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.16 Convert WLMP to MOV
- 3.17 Convert VOB to MOV
- 3.18 Convert DAT to MOV
- 3.19 Convert MTS to MOV Mac
- 3.20 Convert MTS to MOV Online
- 3.21 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.22 Convert DV to MOV
- 3.23 Convert SWF to MOV
- 3.24 Convert Windows DVD Maker to MOV
- 3.25 Convert FLV to MOV
- 3.26 Convert GIF to MOV
- 4. Play & Edit MOV Tips+
How to Compress A MOV File on Mac/Windows
I have a 120MB .mov file that I want to reduce to 25MB to email as an attachment. However, right-click it and select "Compress" only get it down to 99MB as a zip file. Any hint to help me to compress MOV file?
MOV video that takes up large space on computer or portable devices (like iPhone, iPod, PSP, etc.) which might prevent you from sharing or uploading to social network. And the commonly-used MOV compressor like WinRAR or WinZip does not actually create new media in a compact format but compress video size a little. Taking all into consideration, you need a professional yet easy-to-master .mov compressor tool to compress MOV file in a flash.
- Part 1. How to Resize MOV Video Files on Windows/Mac
- Part 2. How to Compress MOV Files in Batch
- Part 3. Convert MOV to MP4/M4V/FLV Small-sized Format
- Part 4. External Knowledge for Video Compression
Here we'd like to highly recommend Wondershare MOV Compressor, the best all-in-one MOV video compression software available in the market to shrink MOV files easily and quickly. It not only provides various ways for video compression like trimming video, adjusting video parameter, etc. but enables you to convert MOV to FLV, WMV and other 1000+ formats as well as many other functional features like downloading online videos. Now let's move on to the detailed instructions on how to reduce .mov file size on PC/Mac without losing any quality.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Best MOV Compressor for Windows/Mac
- Compress MOV to smaller size on both Windows and Mac system with super fast speed and no quality loss.
- Convert MOV files to other Small-sized formats like MP4, M4V, FLV, and other 1,000+ videos.
- Customize compression settings like changing video resolution, changing bit rate, and others.
- Reduce MOV video size with 20s real-time preview to check the compression effect.
- Edit MOV videos with features of trimming, rotating, cropping, adding watermarks, applying effects, etc.
- Supports batch processing to compress and convert multiple MOV videos at a time.
- Toolbox with additional functions like Screen Recorder, GIF Maker, Fix Media Metadata, Cast to TV, and more.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/2003/Vista/XP, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
How to Compress MOV Files with Wondershare MOV Compressor Easily and Quickly
Step 1 Launch Wondershare MOV Video Compressor and Add MOV Files
Open Wondershare MOV compressor first, click the Toolbox tab and choose Video Compress option from the given functions.
A Compress video window will appear, from where click the + icon to search and add MOV files present on your PC/Mac.
Step 2 Customize Compression Settings
The information of your added MOV videos will be displayed at the top of the interface. Customize File Size, Resolution, Bit Rate, Quality, and other parameters by dragging the progress bar accordingly. Or you can change them one by one. Click the Preview button to check the quality of the output video for 20 seconds.
Step 3 Compress MOV Video Size
At the Save file: option, tap on it to choose the file output path. Finally, click on the Compress button to compress your MOV file without losing any quality.
In the first way we mentioned above, you can compress MOV files with only 3 steps and few clicks. However, you can only compress one file once a time. If you want to compress several MOV files in batch, then follow the next steps.
Step 1 Add MOV Video to Wondershare MOV Compressor
Move to the Convert section after launch Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate), click on the+ Add Files button to load your target MOV files from your computer, or directly drag and drop them to the primary interface. Then you can easily tell the MOV video size, resolution just as the screenshot shows.
Step 2 Compress MOV Video to Small Size via Default Settings
Click beside Convert all tasks to: and go to Video > MOV, then select a corresponding video resolution and hit the Editing icon in the right. You'd get a pop-up window for further MOV video setting.
Choose Small Size and the program will automatically set all MOV file parameters to be smaller ones, i.e. you can see Bit Rate changes automatically. After that, hit Create to confirm the default setting to make mov file smaller on Mac.
- Encoder: Click arrow to choose drop down options. Or just let it as defaulted.
- Resolution: There are many options, like 240*160, 320*240,480*320,480*368,640*480, 1280*720 etc.
- Frame Rate: Set it to slow down or speed up your playing speed. Generally, value above 20 makes little difference.
- Bit Rate: You can choose from 128 to 900kbps as per your needs.
If you want to reduce .mov file size by manually adjusting MOV parameter settings like resolution, bit rate, frame rate and encoder, just hit Create Custom to get the window for further video setting. Below is quick guide on video parameters.
Step 3 Start Resizing MOV Videos
As you can see, there'll be a new custom resolution for your choice, just select it to proceed.
Then you'll return to the main interface, where you can find the file size differences for MOV. If you're not satisfied with the compressing settings or modifications, you can separately resize MOV file further by clicking the compress icon on the Target tab. Finally, hit the Convert All to initiate MOV compression.
When the compression completes, switch to the Converted tab to check the output quality and video size. Now you can smoothly put them into your portable devices or share with your friends!
If MOV is not your target compressed format, you can also try to convert MOV to smaller size format like MP4, M4V or FLV. Wondershare MOV Compressor totally meets your requirements as it also functions as video converter. Let's take compress MOV file to MP4 for example.
Step 1 Click the Add Files button in the top-left to import MOV videos that you want to reduce file size.
Step 2 Click beside the Convert all tasks to: to expand output format list, select Video tab and choose your desired format in small size. Here takes MP4 for example.
Step 3 Click the Convert All to start compressing MOV to MP4 format right away. Once the conversion finishes, you can click the folder-like icon in the bottom to get the converted MOV video in smaller file size.
You can also take advantage of Online UniConverter (originally Media.io) to compress MOV file online free, which allows you to compress a QuickTime video by changing video resolution, setting file size, and converting video format. Read How to Resize MOV Online to learn more details and online MOV compression solutions.
1. Basic Parameters for Video Compression
To make full use of Wondershare MOV File Compressor, I'd like to briefly explain the basic video parameters and the recommend settings to reduce MOV file size.
- Change Frame Rate: If your video footage is exceeding 60 Frame per second, you should maintain the video’s native frame rate. Always choose a constant frame rate instead of a variable frame rate.
- Control Bit Rate: Bit rate is responsible for maintaining the video clarity and file size. Ideally, for getting a compressed video, you should choose the given bit rates according to your file type. For SD, it should be 2,000-5,000, 5,000-10,000 for 720p and 10,000-20,000 for 1080p.
- Appropriate Resolution: Set your resolution to the lowest so that your video is in the lowest file size. The ideal ones would be 640 x480 for SD, 1280 x 720 for 720p HD, 1920 x 1080 for 1080 HD and 2560 x 1440 for 2K.
- Audio Codec: For the best results with respect to obtaining a compressed video, the audio should be encoded at 320 kbit/s and using AAC-LC is recommended to be used for audio codec.
2. Recommended Compression Settings for YouTube & Vimeo Video
The following table will show recommended settings for Video Compression on YouTube & Vimeo
|Parameters||Settings for YouTube||Settings for Vimeo|
|Container||MP4 files||MP4 files|
|Bit rate||1000 kbps (360p), 2500 kbps (480p), 5000kbps (720p), 8000kbps (1080p), 10Mbps (1440p), 35-35kbps (2160p)||2,000 – 5,000 kbit/s (SD) / 5,000 – 10,000 kbit/s (720p HD) / 10,000 – 20,000 kbit/s (1080p HD)|
|Frame Rate||Keep the same as in original video files||24, 25 or 30 fps|
|Resolution||426x240 (240p), 640x360 (360p), 854x480 (480p), 1280x720 (720p), 1920x1080 (1080p), 2560x1440 (1440p), 3840x2160 (2160P)||640 pixels wide (SD) or 1280 pixels wide (HD)|
|Learn More Details||https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en||https://vimeo.com/help/compression|