- 1. MOV Video Tool+
- 2. Convert MOV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MOV to WMA
- 2.2 Convert MOV to MP3
- 2.3 Convert QuickTime to MP3
- 2.4 Convert MOV to MP3 Mac
- 2.5 Convert MOV to MP3 Online
- 2.6 Convert MOV to FLV
- 2.7 Convert MOV to WMV
- 2.8 Convert MOV to WMV Online
- 2.9 Convert MOV to WMV on Mac
- 2.10 Convert MOV to MPG
- 2.11 Convert MOV to MPEG
- 2.12 Convert MOV to WAV
- 2.13 Convert MOV to 3GP
- 2.14 Convert MOV to WebM on Windows
- 2.15 Convert MOV to VOB
- 2.16 Convert MOV to M4V
- 2.17 Convert MOV to SWF
- 2.18 Convert MOV to Html5
- 2.19 Convert MOV to YouTube
- 2.20 Convert QuickTime to Windows media Player
- 2.21 Convert MOV to iTunes
- 2.22 import MOV to iMovie
- 2.23 Convert MOV to Adobe Premiere
- 2.24 Convert MOV to QuickTime
- 3. Convert Other Format to MOV+
- 3.1 Convert WMV to MOV
- 3.2 Convert WMV to MOV Online
- 3.3 Convert WMV to MOV on Mac
- 3.4 Convert FLV to MOV Online
- 3.5 Convert MPG to MOV
- 3.6 Convert M4V to MOV
- 3.7 Convert YouTube to MOV
- 3.8 Convert 3GP to MOV Online
- 3.9 Convert WebM to MOV
- 3.10 Convert AVCHD to MOV
- 3.11 Convert XviD to MOV
- 3.12 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.13 Convert 3GP to MOV
- 3.14 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.15 Convert WLMP to MOV
- 3.16 Convert VOB to MOV
- 3.17 Convert DV to MOV
- 3.18 Convert SWF to MOV
- 3.19 Convert Windows DVD Maker to MOV
- 4. Play & Edit MOV Tips+
I have a 120MB .mov file that I want to compress to less than 25MB so that I can email it using Gmail. I right-clicked and selected "Compress", but it only got it down to 99MB as a zip file. Any hint to solve my problem?
MOV file usually takes up large space on computer or portable devices (like iPhone, iPod, PSP, etc.) that may prevent you from sharing or uploading to social network. However, WinRAR or WinZip does not actually create new media in a compact format but compress it a little bit. Taking all into consideration, you need a professional yet easy-to-master MOV compressor to reduce MOV file size in a flash.
- Part 1. Best MOV Compressor for MOV Video Compression
- Part 2. External Knowledge for MOV Compression Settings
Here we'd like to highly recommend Wondershare MOV Compressor, the best all-in-one MOV video compression software available in the market. It not only provides various ways for video compression like trim video, adjust video parameter, etc., but also enables you to convert MOV to other smaller-sized format together with many other functional features.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Compress MOV video with hardly quality loss and at 30X faster speed than other converters
- Convert MOV to MP4, FLV, WMV, AVI, etc. smaller-sized formats as well as other 1000+ video format
- Shrink MOV video size by trimming, cropping or adjusting video parameters like bitrate, encoder and resolution
- Burn MOV video to playable DVD after the MOV video compression
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites to a smaller size
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra), 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Basically, you have 2 alternative options for MOV video compression, i.e., reduce MOV to smaller size by default setting or convert MOV to smaller-sized FLV/WMV format, Now let's move on to the detailed instructions on MOV video compression just as follows.
1. How to Compress MOV with Wondershare MOV Compressor
Step 1 Add MOV Video to Wondershare MOV Compression Software
Open Wondershare MOV compressor first, click + Add Files to load your target MOV file from your computer or just drag and drop those MOV videos you want to compress into this program. Then they will be displayed in video thumbnail as the screenshot shows, you can clearly tell the video file size, resolution, etc.
Step 2 Compress MOV Video by Default Settings
Click beside Convert all tasks to: and go to Video > MOV, then select a corresponding video resolution and hit the Editing icon in the right. You'd get a pop-up window for further MOV video setting just as the screenshot shows, choose Small Size and the program will automatically set the MOV file parameters to be smaller ones, you can see Bit Rate changes automatically. After that, hit Create to confirm your MOV compression setting.
Note: You can also click Create Custom to get the further video setting window and manually change the parameter settings as you need, including resolution, bit rate, frame rate and encoder.
- Encoder: Click arrow to choose drop down options. Or just let it as defaulted.
- Resolution: There are many options, like 240*160, 320*240,480*320,480*368,640*480, 1280*720 etc.
- Frame Rate: Set it to slow down or speed up your playing speed. Generally, value above 20 makes little difference.
- Bit Rate: You can choose from 128 to 900kbps as per your needs.
Step 3 Start Compressing MOV Video
There'll be a new custom resolution for your choice, just select it to proceed.
Then you'll return to the program's primary interface, where you can find the file size differences for MOV. Once you're satisfied with all settings or modifications, you can hit Convert All to initiate MOV compression. After the compression completes, click the Converted tab to check the output quality and video size. After that, you can smoothly put them into your portable devices or send to your friends for sharing now!
Below is the video tutorial on MOV compression Windows
2. How to Convert MOV to Small-Sized Format
If MOV is not your target compressed format, you can also consider converting MOV to MP4, M4V or FLV, which are likely to render smaller file size. Wondershare MOV Compressor totally meets your requirements as it also functions as video converter. Let's take converting MOV to MP4 for example.
Step 1 Click Add Files button in the top-left to import MOV videos that you want to reduce file size.
Step 2 Then click besides Convert all tasks to: to expand output format list, select Video tab and choose your desired format in small size. Here takes MP4 for example.
Step 3 Click Convert All to start converting MOV to small-size MP4 format right away. When the conversion finishes, you can click the folder-like icon in the bottom to get the converted MOV video in smaller file size.
Tip: Click in the bottom would enable you to customize the location for converted MOV video file.
To make full use of Wondershare MOV File Compressor, I'd like to briefly explain the basic video parameters and the recommend settings for video compression.
- Change Frame Rate: If your video footage is exceeding 60 Frame per second, you should maintain the video’s native frame rate. Always choose a constant frame rate instead of variable frame rate.
- Control Bitrate: Bit rate is responsible for maintaining the video clarity and file size. Ideally, for getting a compressed video, you should choose the given bitrates according to your file type. For SD, it should be 2,000-5,000, 5,000-10,000 for 720p and 10,000-20,000 for 1080p.
- Appropriate Resolution: Set your resolution to the lowest so that your video is in the lowest file size. The ideal ones would be 640 x480 for SD, 1280 x 720 for 720p HD, 1920 x 1080 for 1080 HD and 2560 x 1440 for 2K.
- Audio Codec: For the best results with respect to obtaining a compressed video, the audio should be encoded at 320 kbit/s and using AAC-LC is recommended to be used for audio codec.
The following table will shows recommended settings for Video Compression on YouTube & Vimeo
|Parameters||Settings for YouTube||Settings for Vimeo|
|Container||MP4 files||MP4 files|
|Bitrate||1000 kbps (360p), 2500 kbps (480p), 5000kbps (720p), 8000kbps (1080p), 10Mbps (1440p), 35-35kbps (2160p)||2,000 – 5,000 kbit/s (SD) / 5,000 – 10,000 kbit/s (720p HD) / 10,000 – 20,000 kbit/s (1080p HD)|
|Frame Rate||Keep the same as in original video files||24, 25 or 30 fps|
|Resolution||426x240 (240p), 640x360 (360p), 854x480 (480p), 1280x720 (720p), 1920x1080 (1080p), 2560x1440 (1440p), 3840x2160 (2160P)||640 pixels wide (SD) or 1280 pixels wide (HD)|
|Learn More Details||https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en||https://vimeo.com/help/compression|