- 1. MOV Video Tool+
- 2. Convert MOV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MOV to WMA
- 2.2 Convert MOV to MP3
- 2.3 Convert QuickTime to MP3
- 2.4 Convert MOV to MP3 Mac
- 2.5 Convert MOV to MP3 Online
- 2.6 Convert MOV to FLV
- 2.7 Convert MOV to WMV
- 2.8 Convert MOV to WMV Online
- 2.9 Convert MOV to WMV on Mac
- 2.10 Convert MOV to MPG
- 2.11 Convert MOV to MPEG
- 2.12 Convert MOV to WAV
- 2.13 Convert MOV to 3GP
- 2.14 Convert MOV to WebM on Windows
- 2.15 Convert MOV to VOB
- 2.16 Convert MOV to M4V
- 2.17 Convert MOV to SWF
- 2.18 Convert MOV to Html5
- 2.19 Convert MOV to YouTube
- 2.20 Convert QuickTime to Windows media Player
- 2.21 Convert MOV to iTunes
- 2.22 import MOV to iMovie
- 2.23 Convert MOV to Adobe Premiere
- 2.24 Convert MOV to QuickTime
- 3. Convert Other Format to MOV+
- 3.1 Convert WMV to MOV
- 3.2 Convert WMV to MOV Online
- 3.3 Convert WMV to MOV on Mac
- 3.4 Convert FLV to MOV Online
- 3.5 Convert MPG to MOV
- 3.6 Convert M4V to MOV
- 3.7 Convert YouTube to MOV
- 3.8 Convert 3GP to MOV Online
- 3.9 Convert WebM to MOV
- 3.10 Convert AVCHD to MOV
- 3.11 Convert XviD to MOV
- 3.12 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.13 Convert 3GP to MOV
- 3.14 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.15 Convert WLMP to MOV
- 3.16 Convert VOB to MOV
- 3.17 Convert DV to MOV
- 3.18 Convert SWF to MOV
- 3.19 Convert Windows DVD Maker to MOV
- 4. Play & Edit MOV Tips+
How to Compress MOV Video on Mac/Windows
I have a 120MB .mov file that I want to reduce to 25MB so as to email as attachment. However, right-clicked it and select "Compress" only get it down to 99MB as a zip file. Any hint to help me to compress MOV file?
MOV video that takes up large space on computer or portable devices (like iPhone, iPod, PSP, etc.) might prevent you from sharing or uploading to social network. And the commonly-used MOV compressor like WinRAR or WinZip does not actually create new media in a compact format but compress video size a little bit. Taking all into consideration, you need a professional yet easy-to-master .mov compressor tool to reduce MOV file size in a flash.
- Part 1. Best MOV Compressor to Compress MOV Video
- Part 2. Convert MOV to MP4/M4V/FLV Small-sized Format
- Part 3. External Knowledge for Video Compression
Here we'd like to highly recommend Wondershare MOV Compressor, the best all-in-one MOV video compression software available in the market. It not only provides various ways for video compression like trim video, adjust video parameter, etc., but enables you to convert MOV to FLV, WMV and other 1000+ format as well as many other functional features like download online video, other smaller-sized format together with many other functional features. Now let's move on to the detailed instructions on how to reduce .mov file size on PC just as follows.
How to Compress MOV Files with Wondershare MOV Compressor
Step 1 Add MOV Video to Wondershare MOV Compressor
Open Wondershare MOV compressor first, click + Add Files to load your target MOV file from your computer, or directly drag and drop them to the primary interface. Then you can easily tell the MOV video size, resolution just as the screenshot shows.
Step 2 Compress MOV Video to Small Size via Default Settings
Click beside Convert all tasks to: and go to Video > MOV, then select a corresponding video resolution and hit the Editing icon in the right. You'd get a pop-up window for further MOV video setting.
Choose Small Size and the program will automatically set all MOV file parameters to be smaller ones, i.e. you can see Bit Rate changes automatically. After that, hit Create to confirm the default setting to make mov file smaller on Mac.
- Encoder: Click arrow to choose drop down options. Or just let it as defaulted.
- Resolution: There are many options, like 240*160, 320*240,480*320,480*368,640*480, 1280*720 etc.
- Frame Rate: Set it to slow down or speed up your playing speed. Generally, value above 20 makes little difference.
- Bit Rate: You can choose from 128 to 900kbps as per your needs.
If you want to reduce .mov file size by manually adjusting MOV parameter settings like resolution, bit rate, frame rate and encoder, just hit Create Custom to get the window for further video setting. Below is quick guide on video parameters.
Step 3 Start Compressing MOV Video
As you can see, there'll be a new custom resolution for your choice, just select it to proceed.
Then you'll return to the main interface, where you can find the file size differences for MOV. If you're satisfied with the compressing settings or modifications, just hit Convert All to initiate MOV compression.
When the compression completes, switch to the Converted tab to check the output quality and video size. Now you can smoothly put them into your portable devices or share with your friends!
If MOV is not your target compressed format, you can also try to convert MOV to smaller size format like MP4, M4V or FLV. Wondershare MOV Compressor totally meets your requirements as it also functions as video converter. Let's take compress MOV file to MP4 for example.
Step 1 Click Add Files button in the top-left to import MOV videos that you want to reduce file size.
Step 2 Click besides Convert all tasks to: to expand output format list, select Video tab and choose your desired format in small size. Here takes MP4 for example.
Step 3 Click Convert All to start compressing MOV to MP4 format right away. Once the conversion finishes, you can click the folder-like icon in the bottom to get the converted MOV video in smaller file size.
You can also take advantage of Keepvid Video Converter to compress MOV file free online, which allows you to compress a QuickTime video by converting MOV to MP4, FLV and other smaller-sized format.
1. Basic Parameters for Video Compression
To make full use of Wondershare MOV File Compressor, I'd like to briefly explain the basic video parameters and the recommend settings to reduce MOV file size.
- Change Frame Rate: If your video footage is exceeding 60 Frame per second, you should maintain the video’s native frame rate. Always choose a constant frame rate instead of variable frame rate.
- Control Bitrate: Bit rate is responsible for maintaining the video clarity and file size. Ideally, for getting a compressed video, you should choose the given bitrates according to your file type. For SD, it should be 2,000-5,000, 5,000-10,000 for 720p and 10,000-20,000 for 1080p.
- Appropriate Resolution: Set your resolution to the lowest so that your video is in the lowest file size. The ideal ones would be 640 x480 for SD, 1280 x 720 for 720p HD, 1920 x 1080 for 1080 HD and 2560 x 1440 for 2K.
- Audio Codec: For the best results with respect to obtaining a compressed video, the audio should be encoded at 320 kbit/s and using AAC-LC is recommended to be used for audio codec.
2. Recommended Compression Settings for YouTube & Vimeo Video
The following table will shows recommended settings for Video Compression on YouTube & Vimeo
|Parameters||Settings for YouTube||Settings for Vimeo|
|Container||MP4 files||MP4 files|
|Bitrate||1000 kbps (360p), 2500 kbps (480p), 5000kbps (720p), 8000kbps (1080p), 10Mbps (1440p), 35-35kbps (2160p)||2,000 – 5,000 kbit/s (SD) / 5,000 – 10,000 kbit/s (720p HD) / 10,000 – 20,000 kbit/s (1080p HD)|
|Frame Rate||Keep the same as in original video files||24, 25 or 30 fps|
|Resolution||426x240 (240p), 640x360 (360p), 854x480 (480p), 1280x720 (720p), 1920x1080 (1080p), 2560x1440 (1440p), 3840x2160 (2160P)||640 pixels wide (SD) or 1280 pixels wide (HD)|
|Learn More Details||https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en||https://vimeo.com/help/compression|