Note: We have both Windows version and Mac version for Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. For the whole guide of Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate, we will mainly introduce the Windows version, and the Mac version has the same functions if there is no special remark. Meanwhile, you can complete the tasks on your Mac computer by duplicating the video tutorial or the steps mentioned below.
Video Tutorial: Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate - Get Started
To facilitate your use of Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate, there are 4 main modules available to get started: Install, Basics, Settings and Register.
Part 1. Download & Install
Step 1 Download the installation package. Choose the right version per your needs.
Step 2 Install Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate.
Double-click the setup file.
From the pop-up window, select your preferred language and click OK. Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate supports 8 languages (English, German, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Arabic), by default it's English. After that, you will enter the Welcome page, click Next to go ahead.
In the coming window, read the end user license agreement carefully and click Next. Then, browse the destination folder to save your installation files.
After that, click Next to enter the Select Additional Tasks window to confirm if you need to create a desktop icon. After that, click Next to enter the Ready to Install window, and then click Install to finish the installation.
Step 3 Launch Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate.
It will take seconds to install Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate successfully. A window like below will prompt you that you can click Finish button to open Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate at once.
After clicking Finish button, you will enter the main window of Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate shown as below.
Part 2. Register & Update
With the trial version of Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate, you'll have the following limitations.
If you want to enjoy the full features without any limitation, please simply click at the upper-right corner to purchase Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate from the website; If you already have one license code, please click to enter the Register window.
Then, copy and paste the licensed E-mail address and the registration code(or Password) to avoid any typos, then click the Sign In or Register button to go ahead. Meanwhile, please make sure that the Internet connection is fine while you register Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. Once Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is registered successfully, you'll see a pop-up installation successful page from where you can see the quick guide.
If you want to check if your Video Converter Ultimate is the latest version and update it, you can follow the steps below to update automatically.
Step 1 Enter the General settings.
Go to the Menu icon > Preferences > General, you can change Check for updates automatically to Every Day/Week/Month/Never accordingly.
Step 2 Set the Update parameter.
If you choose to check for updates automatically every day, it will pop up a Live Update window, please select Update Now to download the package.
Step 3 Update the package.
After downloading the latest version, please press OK to terminate the program and install the new version from the pop-up window. You can also click Cancel to install it next time.
Note:If you're used to using the same version all the time, please choose Never to stop the automatic update. Whenever you need an update, please choose Check for updates under Menu to make an update manually.
Please launch Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate on your computer, the main interface will display. There are totally 6 function modules where you can operate.
For the Convert section, you're enabled to convert videos between formats. Meanwhile, you can edit your video before the conversion, like trim, crop videos etc. Moreover, the converting videos and the converted videos have been divided into different tabs for convenient mangement.
For the Download section, you can download videos from YouTube and other website by copying and pasting URL. Also, you can record videos from streaming sites or record desktop activities from your computer. Additionally, you can find the downloading videos in the Downloading tab and find the downloaded/recorded videos in the Finished tab.
For the Burn section, you can burn videos to DVD directly or burn videos to DVD folder/ISO folder.
For the Transfer section, you can transfer local/recorded/downloaded/converted videos to your iOS/Android devices, USB flash drives or external hard drives.
We have integrated some popular tools on the Toolbox. For the Windows version, it includes Fix Video Metadata, VR Converter, Cast to TV, Screen Recorder and GIF Maker.
For the Mac version, it includes Fix Video Metadata, VR Converter, Cast to TV, Screen Recorder, GIF Maker and Copy DVD.
Part 4. Preferences
To make good use of Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate, You'd better set up Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate prior to the use. You can set all the preferences when you firstly launch Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate and change them from Menu > Preferences.
On the General tab of the preferences, you can set the 3 items below:
1. Set the display Language of Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate from the available 7 languages.
2. Set Check for updates automatically. In order to update the app automatically, you're enabled to set the frequency to check the update version.
3. Set Reset all dialog warnings to reset all the pop-up warning dialogs to be the original settings.
On the Convert tab of the preferences, you can manage some conversion parameters as well as some assistant conversion features.
1. Set Automatically add files to iTunes library after conversion. Check this option, the converted files will be added to iTunes library automatically after conversion.
2. Set Keep Chapter Marker. Check it to keep your original chapter information on your DVD, when you convert DVD to other format, the chapter information will be left in the converted videos. Otherwise, all the chapter information will be removed after the conversion.
3. Set Enable GPU Acceleration. Check this option to raise the conversion speed.
4. Set Run in compatiblity mode. If you want to convert video with
5. Set Maximum converting task . You can change the number from 1 to 2 for simultaneous conversion, by default it's 1 task.
6. Click Reset button at the bottom-left corner to reset all the Convert settings to be the factory settings. And click the OK button to keep your settings.
On the Download tab of the preferences, you can manage how to download files.
1. Set the maximum quantity of downloading tasks. You can change the number from 1 to 8 for simultaneous download, by default it's 5 tasks.
2. Set One-Click Download Mode for YouTube. You can enable the option and then set the download format (video or audio), quality (2160P, 1440P, 1080P, 720P, 480P, 360P, 240P for video or 320Kpbs, 256Kpbs, 128Kpbs for audio), subtitle language (English by default). After that, you will download YouTube videos with these preset parameters.
Alternatively, you can turn off the option. When you download every YouTube video, a pop-up window will appear asking you to set up the parameters as below.
3. Set Auto download YouTube playlist subtitles/CC. Check this option, the YouTube video subtitles will be downloaded together with the video.
4. Set Automatically resume unfinished tasks on startup. Check this option, the unfinished download tasks will resume as soon as you open Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate.
5. Set Merge the subtitle/CC to the output video. You can enable this option to integrate your subtitles into the video.
6. Click Reset button at the bottom-left corner to reset all the Download setttings to be the factory settings. And click the OK button to keep your settings.
You can change the saved location for your converted files, downloaded/recorded files, burned files by clicking Change button.
And then click OK to save these changes.