UniConverter User Guide
- Get Started - Wondershare UniConverter
- Login with Wondershare ID & Update | Win Version
- Brief Introduction
- Change Themes
- Get Started - Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Login with Wondershare ID & Update | Mac Version
- Brief Introduction - Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Preferences - Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Add Files - Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Convert DVD to Any Format
- Add Media Files
- Convert Video from Camcorder
- Convert Videos for iPhone/iPad/Android Devices
- Convert Videos for Social Network
- Convert Videos from iOS & Android Devices
- Convert Videos to Any Format
- Convert Video to Audio File
- How to Convert Videos to Any Format on Mac
- How to Convert DVD to Video on Mac
- Trim Video | Wondershare UniConverter
- Add Watermark | Wondershare UniConverter
- Crop Video | Wondershare UniConverter
- Apply Effect | Wondershare UniConverter
- Add Subtitle | Wondershare UniConverter
- Audio Track Volume | Wondershare UniConverter
- Trim Video | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Add Watermark | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Crop Video | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Apply Effect | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Add Subtitle | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Audio Track Volume | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Image Converter | Wondershare UniConverter
- GIF Maker | Wondershare UniConverter
- Fix Video Metadata | Wondershare UniConverter
- CD Burner | Wondershare UniConverter
- Convert CD to MP3 | Wondershare UniConverter
- Convert Video to VR | Wondershare UniConverter
- Transfer Video/Audio to iOS Device
- Transfer Video/Audio to Android Device
- Transfer Video/Audio to External Hard Drive
- Transfer | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Image Converter | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- GIF Maker | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Fix Media Metadata | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- CD Converter | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- CD Burner | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- VR Converter | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
How to record Webcam on Windows
Sometimes you may need to explain something to a client or student, but you just can’t meet them in person. Fortunately, you have the solution in an excellent webcam recorder like Wondershare UniConverter. This tool allows you to record yourself quickly and easily using your desktop’s internal or external webcam. Not only that, but users can also set recording preferences like the output resolution, frame rate, and format. Don’t forget it also lets you edit the recording by adding subtitles, cutting, converting, compressing, and more.
Note: A Windows 10 computer is used here for illustration.
How to Record Webcam - Wondershare UniConverter (Win) User Guide
Step 1 Launch the webcam recorder.
Run Wondershare UniConverter and then click the Screen Recorder on the left pane. Open the drop-down arrow on the top-left corner right beside the camcorder button, then choose the Webcam Recorder. The Webcam Recorder should launch automatically if your computer supports this function.
If you can't open the Webcam Recorder function, you probably need to update your webcam driver. To do that, go to the Start menu or Windows logo at the bottom-left corner and right-click it. Choose the Device Manager, open the Cameras, and right-click your integrated webcam. Now click the Update Driver and then choose the Search automatically for drivers. Finally, click Search for updated drivers on Windows update and update your webcam driver accordingly.
Step 2 Set up the recording preferences.
After launching the Webcam Recorder successfully, it’s time to customize things a little bit. Complete the following actions:
- Webcam: Open the Microphone list and select the input microphone. You can use the system’s mic or connect your external mic and select it.
- Microphone: Under this section, tap the Start manually and end after checkbox to enter your preferred recording duration. You can also click the Start and end on schedule checkbox to input a start time and end time, depending on date, month, and even year. Note that you can only click one checkbox at a time.
- Video Resolution: Set the output resolution under the Resolution menu. Note that the higher the resolution, the better the quality, and the bigger the file size.
- Output Format: Finally, set an output format on the Format list. You can export the webcam video to either MP4 or AVI video formats.
Step 3 Start and stop recording.
Lastly, click the REC button and wait for three seconds to begin recording yourself on your computer. If satisfied, click the Stop and close the recording window. Preview your video by clicking the Open. You can even upload directly to Vimeo by tapping the Share icon.
Note: optionally, you can import this footage back to Wondershare UniConverter for further edits and modifications.