Converting video on Mac
for you in different situations
Are you having problems with video conversion on Mac? Using this best video converter for Mac can help you solve the problem in different situations. Whether you are a video maker, audio producter，GIF lover or DVD Collector.
Video makers tend to convert video to MP4 on Mac
Mac is not compatible with all video formats, so video makers often encounter finished videos that cannot be played on Mac. MP4 has better adaptability, here are the situations where you need to convert video to MP4 on Mac.
MOV format doesn't work on Mac
- What is an MOV video file? Why can't MOV play on Mac?
- MOV is a video format developed by Apple Computers. It is an uncompressed larger file format. Although MOV files are compatible with Mac OS X, they sometimes fail to open in QuickTime. The best solution is to convert MOV to MP4 on Mac.
MKV has big problems on Mac
- What is MKV? What are its disadvantages?
- MKV is a Matroska multimedia container file format. Not compatible with a range of devices including Macs. Also, MKV files are large and can cause errors when playing on Mac or other devices. The best way is to convert it to MP4 format.
WMV is hard to use on Mac
- What is WMV? Why can't it be used on Mac?
- WMV is the flagship file format of the Windows operating system. WMV is compatible with Windows, not Apple devices. If you want to play some of your favorite WMV format videos on Mac, converting them to MP4 is an ideal solution.
AVI sometimes doesn't play on Mac
- What is AVI? What system is it more suitable for?
- AVI is a widely used format with high video quality on Windows computers. If you try to open it on a Mac machine, you may encounter incompatibility issues. Fortunately, there are many ways to convert AVI video to MP4 on Mac.
Music producers love to convert video to MP3 on Mac
MP3 is highly adaptable, stable, and occupies very little memory. Therefore, music creators often convert music or videos made on Mac to MP3 format. The following will introduce the situation that needs to be converted to MP3.
GIF lovers keep converting videos to GIFs
GIFs are pictures or video clips that are played in a continuous loop, and this repetitive expression can be impressive. GIF lovers are born entertainers, and in their world, GIFs are the most direct expression of emotion.
Using GIFs on Social Media
- Why choose GIFs? What is the source of the GIF material?
- GIFs are easy to understand. They take up less memory than videos. Able to help people express emotions in a fun, cute and intuitive way. The GIF material comes from the video. Converting MOV, MKV, MP4 and other video formats to GIF is the easiest way.
DVD collectors always convert DVDs to MP4 on Mac
DVD collectors are a nostalgic bunch, with memories of the past resurrected in MP4 format. They have always commemorated youth in this way. But most of the time DVD cannot be played on Mac.
How to convert video on Mac
Converting video on Mac for free
How to convert video with VLC
Click on the file and select the conversion option. Import the file to convert.
In the Select Profile section, select the file output format.
Click the "Save" button and specify a filename and destination location for the output file.
- It works with a lot of platforms.
- It is accessible without limitations.
- It enables you to preview your output upon conversion.
- It features many popular codecs.
- It does not have enough editing features.
- The converter does not work on mobile phones.
- It is hard to find the output formats.
How to convert video with QuickTime
Import files in QuickTime for conversion.
Select the format you want to convert to export.
Click Save and wait a few minutes.
- It works perfectly with HD video.
- It has perfect audio playback integration.
- It adopts advanced video compression technology.
- It does not support many common file formats such as AVI, WMV, MKV, FLV, etc.
- It must have bloatware installed.
How to convert video with iMovie
Click Import Media to import the files you want to convert.
Select the file format you want to export.
Click Convert and wait for the conversion to complete.
- It has a very user-friendly interface.
- It can easily share videos on social platforms.
- It is convenient to clip video.
- It has built-in special effects and video enhancement functions.
- It takes up a lot of hard disk space.
- It is not suitable for many video formats.
- It requires a third-party video converter.
The easily way to convert video on Mac by Uniconverter
Launch the Video Converter and add video file(s).
Launch the Video Converter of Wondershare UniConverter on Mac. Tab the + to add the video files or directly drag and drop the files.
Choose an output format.
Click and open the Output Format menu from the bottom, go to the Video tab, choose an output format from the list in the left pane, and select your preferred resolution from the right.
Access the converted videos.
Once the conversion completes successfully, you will see the word Success displayed under the Convert button. Now you can go to the Finished tab to review the converted video.
UniConverter VS. Mac built-in Applications
|Video Compressor for Mac||UniConverter for Mac||iMovie||VLC||Quicktime|
|Supported import format(Video)||1000+||MOV, MP4, 3GP, AVI, M4V||10+||MOV, MP4, M4V|
|Supported output format(Video)||1000+||MP4, MOV, AVI, DV||10+||MOV|
|Batch add files for conversion||√||X||X||X|
|The quality of output video||Up to 99% of original video||Low, Medium, High, Best (ProRes), Custom||Medium||Medium|
|Coverting speed||Up to 99% of original video||Low, Medium, High, Best (ProRes), Custom||Medium||Medium|
UniConverter for Mac
- Convert video/DVD to 1000+ formats with high quality.
- Convert video to MP3 and 100+ audio formats.
- Convert video/DVD to different formats in batch.
- Support High-Speed Conversion and GPU acceleration.
- Merge videos into one.
- Add files to iTunes after conversion automatically.
- VR Converter
macOS FAQs & Tips
Explore more tips&trick about how to convert record on Mac better.