- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. Play Audio Files+
- 2. Convert Audio+
- 2.1 Convert AC3 to AAC
- 2.2 Convert Voicemail to MP3
- 2.3 Convert AC3 to MP4
- 2.4 Convert WMA to MP4
- 2.5 Convert OGG to MP4
- 2.6 Convert FLAC to MP4
- 2.7 Convert AAC to AC3
- 2.8 Convert DTS to AC3
- 2.9 Convert WAV to Google Music
- 2.10 Convert FLAC to iTunes
- 2.11 Convert AC3 to WAV
- 2.12 Convert Audio to WAV
- 2.13 Convert FLAC to WMA
- 2.14 Convert WAV to WMA
- 2.15 Convert WMA to WAV
- 2.16 Convert AIFF to FLAC
- 2.17 Convert FLAC to ALAC
- 2.18 Convert FLAC to MP3 Linux
- 2.19 Convert MP3 to OPUS
- 2.20 10 Best FLAC Converters
- 2.21 Convert AC3 to AVI
- 3. Convert Audio Mac+
- 4. Audio Tips+
Top 6 FLAC Converters Mac You Cannot Miss
FLAC, short for Free Lossless Audio Codec, not only offers the same quality as the original audio file but takes up much less space on your hard drive. However, its limited compatibility often pushes people to convert FLAC to MP3 or other more widely-used audio formats. Such inconveniences seem to be exaggerated for Mac users as Apple devices can't recognize nor play it. We collect 6 FLAC converters for you to convert FLAC to Mac-supported formats without any hassle to help you out.
- Part 1. Recommend FLAC Converter to Convert FLAC Video on Mac/Windows
- Part 2. 5 Common Free FLAC Converters for Mac
- Part 3. External Knowledge on Limitation of Free FLAC Converter
Part 1. Recommend FLAC Converter to Convert FLAC Video on Mac/Windows
If you want to convert your FLAC audio file with great and high-quality results, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is the best FLAC converter for Mac and Windows. It stands out among other video converter programs with 30X times faster speed without quality loss. If you often visit video-hosting sites like YouTube, you'll love their one-click download, which allows you to download videos directly for offline playback.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best FLAC to MP3 Converter
- Convert FLAC to MP3 and other 1000+ audio formats like M4A/WAV/M4B/AAC with simple Mac steps.
- Compress FLAC files to a smaller size without losing any quality.
- Download YouTube videos and playlists to MP3 and other audio formats by pasting the URL.
- Edit FLAC audio files before converting with trimming and adjusting volume.
- Transfer audio and video files from Mac to iPhone/Android devices easily via a USB cable.
- Convert FLAC audio files in batch with super fast speed.
- Versatile toolbox combines fixed video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, CD burner, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6, Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista.
How to Convert FLAC to MP3/AIFF with Wondershare FLAC Converter
The following guide will show you how to convert FLAC files on Mac within 3 simple steps.
Step 1 Add FLAC Audio to Convert.
Launch Wondershare FLAC Converter on your Mac, then click the Add Files button on the upper left to add FLAC video to convert to MP3. Or you can also directly drag and drop your desired FLAC audio to the FLAC to MP3 converter.
Step 2 Choose MP3/AIFF as Output Format.
Click on the down-arrow button on the bottom and choose MP3 or other audio formats as you like under the Audio tab. The output audio quality can also be chosen here. If you want to batch convert all FLAC files to the same audio format, you can click on the Start all button.
Step 3 Start Converting FLAC to Other Formats.
Now click on the Start All button to start converting FLAC to MP3, AIFF, or any format you want on your Mac system, the converting process will be finished within a few seconds, and you can switch to the Finished tab to locate the converted .flac files on your Mac.
If you want to know how to play FLAC files directly, here are Top 30 Flac Player for Windows/Mac/iOS/Android >> you cannot miss.
Part 2. 5 Common Free FLAC Converters for Mac
- Switch Audio File Converter Software
- X Lossless Decoder
- MediaHuman Audio Converter for Mac
Key Features: Using AppleScript, this MP3 audio converter converts PC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, and WAV files to MP3, which is one of the most popular and compatible audio formats available.
- It's free
- Easy to use
- Supports drag and drop
- It can only convert to MP3, which excludes many other, better, Apple compatible formats with better quality
- You can't convert large batches of FLAC files at once
2. Switch Audio File Converter Software
Key Features: Switch is a free audio converter program that converts multiple audio formats, including FLAC to MP3. Its paid version offers more versatility, but the free one is limited to converting only to MP3.
- It is totally free to use
- Various formats can be converted
- Easy to use
- The free version only converts to MP3, limiting your options
- Additional features are only free to try out
- It installs additional software behind your back
3. X Lossless Decoder
Key Features: This music converter can decode, convert, or play various 'lossless' audio formats on Mac OS, and help to convert FLAC to MP3 and other more compatible audio formats.
- You can choose from multiple output formats when converting
- It's free
- Interface is complicated
- You can only convert lossless audio formats, which limits its functionality
4. MediaHuman Audio Converter for Mac
Key Features: MediaHuman Audio Converter is a free FLAC converter that helps you convert FLAC to AIFF, AAC, WAV, OGG, WMA, and other popular or lossless audio formats.
- It's 100% free to use
- It supports multiple file conversion at once
- You can use it to extract audio track from videos.
- This program is not easy to use
- Slow and unreliable at times
Key Features: fre:ac is a professional FLAC converter Mac, which combines free audio converter and CD ripper into Mac OS. Apart from FLAC, it also supports MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, AAC, WAV, OGG, and Bonk audio formats to convert your FLAC file.
- A totally free FLAC converter program
- Integrated option to rip audio CDs
- Supports a few audio formats
Part 3. External Knowledge on Limitation of Free FLAC Converter
It doesn't take a genius to notice that almost any free FLAC converters share the following limitations although they are easy to use:
- Various limitations prevent you from enjoying the full features of FLAC converter Mac.
- Slower converting speed than desktop FLAC converters, especially when converting large or multiple files
- Poor support of development results in unstable user experience
- Inevitable audio quality loss after free FLAC conversion
Unlike free FLAC converter, Wondershare UniConverter provides an ultra-fast and smooth experience of converting FLAC to MP3 Mac. Seeing is believing; come to give it a free shot!