- 1. Play Audio Files+
- 2. Convert Audio+
- 3. Convert Audio Mac+
- 4. Audio Tips+
How to Convert FLAC to MP4 on Windows and Mac
FLAC is an audio codec which contains sample audio files that are compressed using the FLAC encoding algorithm. FLAC is not a popular file format and therefore there might be a scenario where the users are not even aware of the existence of such a file type. Unfortunately, most of the media players do not support this file format and you will end up wondering how to actually play this file in your system! If you are caught in a similar situation, then one of the most convenient solutions available for you is to convert FLAC file to MP4 or other file formats. After you have converted the FLAC file, you can now play it in any media player!
- Part 1. Best FLAC to MP4 Video Converter
- Part 2. Free FLAC to MP4 Converter
- Part 3. Extended Knowledge of FLAC
Because FLAC is not a popular file format, it is not supported by most of the media players which is why you need to convert it into some other file format. MP4 is a highly popular file format and is supported by most of the media players and even mobile devices. This is the reason why people mostly convert FLAC file to MP4 file. There are a number of such format converters available in the market, but if you are looking for the best video converter, then nothing beats Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). It is a complete video management software package that allows you to do a number of things.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video Converter for Windows / Mac (Catalina Included)
- Convert FLAC to MP4, MOV, AVI and other 1000+ formats.
- Convert FLAC files to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD templates.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor and screen recorder.
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360 or PS3.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Some of the most important features supported by Wondershare UniConverter include:
- Wondershare UniConverter can be used by the customers to make conversions into a number of file formats. The software supports more than 1000 file formats for conversions.
- When compared for the speed of conversion, Wondershare UniConverter is almost 30 times faster than its competitors. Moreover, the software also converting files from one format to another without compromising on its quality.
- When you install Wondershare UniConverter, you can do a variety of things using the software like editing the video. It is complete video management software.
- You can also download your favorite videos using Wondershare UniConverter. You can search for your favorite video through the browser and then paste the URL to start the downloading with Wondershare UniConverter.
- Wondershare UniConverter provides its customers with the feature of batch downloading which means you can download a number of videos at the same time with the same rate.
If you want to convert an FLAC file to MP4 file using Wondershare UniConverter, then follow the steps as below:
Step 1 Load the FLAC file in Wondershare UniConverter
Once you have launched the Wondershare UniConverter, the next step is to load the FLAC file that needs to be converted. You can load the file in Wondershare UniConverter by either dragging the file into the interface or by selecting the file manually through Add files button.
Step 2 Choose the output format as MP4
Once the FLAC file is loaded in the Wondershare UniConverter, you should now choose the output format for the resulting file. To convert FLAC file to MP4, you can click the drop down icon beside Convert all files to: > Video > MP4 and choose the resolution in the right.
Step 3 Edit FLAC audio file (Optional)
If you want trim the FLAC audio file before converting to MP4, just hit the scissor-like icon (as circled in the screenshot) to get the trimming window and check how to trim FLAC file to proceed. This step can be skipped if you don’t want to make any changes to the original FLAC file.
Step 4 Convert your FLAC file to MP4 format
Once you are done with all the above steps, you can now start with the actual conversion process. To convert your file from FLAC file format to MP4 file format, just click on the Convert button and Wondershare UniConverter will start off with the process! Although the software is quite fast in its conversion speed, it might take a few steps for the conversion process to complete depending upon the size of the file to be converted.
If you are looking for a free FLAC to MP4 converter, then Wondershare Free Video Converter is the perfect choice for you! Wondershare Free Video Converter offers a number of benefits to its users including downloading and editing the videos.
- Wondershare Free Video Converter provides all the functions to its users free of cost.
- Wondershare Free Video Converter not only allows you to convert videos, but you can also download and edit videos with it.
- The output files of Wondershare Free Video Converter is with watermark like other free video converters.
1. What is FLAC?
FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec and is primarily used for compressing the size of the audio files. While zipping the files might only decrease the file size by 10-20%, FLAC decreases the file size by as much as 50-60%. You can easily compress and decompress the audio file by maintaining the same quality. Supported by Xiph.Org Foundation, the FLAC file codec is an open format codec type. The major strength of this file system lies in its ability to quickly encode and decode the same audio file without losing its quality. When compared to the other encoding file formats, FLAC boasts of its efficient decoder which supports decoding of the original audio without losing the quality.
2. How to play FLAC on Windows and Mac?
You can play FLAC on your Windows operating system through Windows Media Player. However you will have to download an external codec to make your FLAC file compatible with Windows Media player. You can also consider changing the format of your file to some other popular format to play it easily in any player.
If you want to play FLAC file on your Mac operating system, then there are several media player like VOX player who support FLAC file format. However you can also change the format of the FLAC file to any other popular file format and then play it in any media player.