How to Convert WMA to MP3 on a Mac?
Sometimes you may want to clean up your media files to keep them up to date consistent with new media files. When you listen to your music files on an iPod, you will have to convert your WMA files into MP3 form. Since WMA (Windows Media Audio) was developed by Microsoft, the format has grown to support all types of audio from high fidelity to multi-channel sound. But Apple products like Mac computer and iPod only recognize MP3, M4A and other limited kinds of audio files. Therefore, if you want to enjoy the music files on your iPod, the best option is to convert WMA to MP3.
- Part 1. How to Convert WMA Files to MP3 on Mac
- Part 2. How to Convert WMA to MP3 Online
- Part 3. External Knowledge on WMA to MP3 Mac Conversion
Wondershare WMA to MP3 Converter Mac is an all-in-one WMA converter that allows you to convert over 1000 video/audio formats on both Mac and Windows. With its super-fast converting speed, it works wonderfully to convert WMA to MP3 files. Aside from its amazing conversion properties, it also provides you with powerful editing features like cropping, merging, adding watermarks and more. You can check edit WMA files Mac for details.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert WMA to MP3, M4A, WAV and over 1000 video/audio formats.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from 10000+ video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360 or PS3.
- Supported OS: Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6, Windows 10/8/7.
Step-by-step Guide on How to Convert WMA to MP3 on Mac
Step 1 Add WMA File to Wondershare WMA to MP3 converter Mac.
Download and install the best WMA to MP3 converter for Mac, then launch it. Click the +Add Files to upload the WMA audio to the Mac WMA converter. Note you can also directly drag and drop your target WMA audio to the primary interface as the screenshot shows.
Step 2 Choose MP3 as an Output.
Then the Mac WMA converter will display the loaded WMA file in the thumbnail. To convert WMA to MP3 Mac, you can navigate to the output format list by clicking the beside Convert all tasks to: button, then go to Audio > MP3 and select a quality in the right.
Step 3 Start Converting WMA to MP3 Mac.
When everything is set, click the Convert or Convert All button to start converting WMA to MP3 files right away. The program will show you the process of the conversion. When the conversion finishes, you can switch to the Converted tab to locate the converted MP3 audio on your computer.
Video Tutorial for Converting WMA to MP3 Windows Using Wondershare UniConverter
If your computer runs on the Windows system, you can watch the video below and the specific steps are almost the same to the Mac WMA to MP3 conversion.
If you are not willing to download or install a WMA to MP3 converter Mac for WMA conversion, then the free audio converter online, Online UniConverter (originally Media.io), would be your top alternative to convert WMA to MP3 Mac free online. Fully support over 150 different audio/video input and output formats, it also allows you to select extreme, high, normal and lower 4 different levels of quality. Moreover, it works faster than other online converters on the market today.
Below are the simple steps on how to convert WMA to MP3 online.
- Click Add your files to upload your desired WMA files to the free WMA to MP3 converter.
- Hit the drop-down arrow beside Convert to: to select MP3. Note the online WMA converter chooses MP3 as output format by fault.
- Click Convert to start converting WMA to MP3 online.
If you own a Mac computer or other Apple device, listening and watching media files can be tricky if they are outdated or in the WMA format. Because WMA is associated with the devices that run with Windows operating system and Apple is compatible with MP3 formats and doesn’t work properly with WMA.
- One of the easiest ways to convert WMA to MP3 format is to take advantage of a proper Mac WMA to MP3 converter, with which you can easily convert any media files right on your computer. Additionally, these files can then be saved in the cloud for access on other Apple devices in the compatible format.
- If you are not someone that likes to download programs on your computer, or you just don’t want to commit to one program, converting from a website such as Online UniConverter (originally Media.io) will allow you to easily convert your files without having to install any software.
As far as I'm concerned, the best option available to convert WMA to MP3 is using Wondershare UniConverter, so don't hesitate to download the WMA to MP3 converter and give it a free trial.