- 1. Convert Other Format to MP3+
- 1.1 Convert MP4 to MP3
- 1.2 MP4 to MP3 Converter Online
- 1.3 Convert MOV to MP3
- 1.4 Convert MOV to MP3 Online
- 1.5 Convert QuickTime to MP3
- 1.6 Convert WAV to MP3
- 1.7 Convert M4A to MP3 Mac
- 1.8 M4A to MP3 Online Converter
- 1.9 Convert M4A to MP3 Audacity
- 1.1 M4A to MP3 iTunes
- 1.11 M4A to MP3 Converter Free
- 1.12 M4A to MP3
- 1.13 Convert WMA to MP3
- 1.14 Convert FLAC to MP3 Mac
- 1.15 FLAC to MP3 Online
- 1.16 Free FLAC to MP3 Converters
- 1.17 FLAC to MP3 Converter
- 1.18 WMA to MP3
- 1.19 WMA to MP3 Online
- 1.2 WMA to MP3 Converter Free
- 1.21 Convert WMA to MP3 Windows Media Player
- 1.22 Free WAV to MP3 Converter
- 1.23 Convert AAC to MP3
- 1.24 MPEG to MP3
- 1.25 Convert iTunes to MP3
- 1.26 Convert AMR to MP3
- 1.27 Convert AIFF to MP3
- 1.28 Convert OGG to MP3
- 1.29 Convert M4P to MP3
- 1.3 Convert 3GPP to MP3
- 1.31 Convert MIDI to MP3
- 1.32 Convert Spotify Playlist to MP3
- 1.33 Convert WMV to MP3
- 1.34 Convert FLV to MP3
- 1.35 Convert MKV to MP3
- 1.36 Convert Facebook Video to MP3
- 1.37 Convert M4R to MP3
- 1.38 Convert M4V to MP3
- 1.39 Convert SoundCloud to MP3
- 1.4 Convert AVI to MP3
- 1.41 Convert DVD to MP3
- 1.42 Convert Voice to MP3
- 1.43 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 1.44 Convert MOV to MP3 Mac
- 1.45 Free FLV to MP3 Converter
- 1.46 Convert VLC to MP3
- 1.47 Free MP4 to MP3 Converter
- 1.48 Convert CAF to MP3
- 1.49 Convert ASF to MP3
- 1.5 Convert F4V to MP3
- 1.51 Convert WebM to MP3
- 1.52 Convert AC3 to MP3
- 1.53 Convert Opus to MP3
- 1.54 Convert VOB to MP3
- 1.55 Convert SWF to MP3
- 2. Convert MP3 to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MP3 to WAV
- 2.2 Convert MP3 to OGG
- 2.3 Convert MP3 to AAC
- 2.4 Convert MP3 to M4R
- 2.5 Convert MP3 to WMA
- 2.6 Convert MP3 to FLAC
- 2.7 Convert MP3 to Aiff
- 2.8 Convert MP3 to WMV
- 2.9 Convert MP3 to M4A
- 2.1 Convert MP3 to Ringtone
- 2.11 Convert MP3 to iTunes
- 2.12 Convert MP3 to FCP
- 2.13 Convert MP3 to Windows Media Player
- 3. MP3 Tools & Tips+
- 3.1 MP3 Converter for Mac
- 3.2 MP3 Converter
- 3.3 Free MP3 Converter
- 3.4 VEVO MP3 Converter
- 3.5 YouTube MP3 Converter for Android
- 3.6 YouTube to MP3 Converter for Mac
- 3.7 YouTube to MP3 Online Converter
- 3.8 MP3 to Text Converter
- 3.9 YouTube to MP3 iPhone
- 3.10 Download MP3 to iPhone
- 3.11 Convert YouTube Playlist to MP3
- 3.12 YouTube to MP3 Converter Not Working
- 3.13 YouTube Converter to MP3 for Android
- 3.14 Free YouTube to MP3 Converter
- 3.15 MP3 Player
- 3.16 Best MP3 Players
- 3.17 MP3 Sites
- 3.18 MP3 Ringtone Maker
- 3.19 Upload MP3 to YouTube
- 3.20 MP3 Cutter
- 3.21 Online MP3 Size Reducer
- 3.22 MP3 Tag Editor
- 3.23 Save Garageband File in MP3
- 3.24 MP3 Recorder
- 3.25 Remove Vocals from MP3
- 3.26 Export Audacity to MP3
How to Convert M4A to MP3 in iTunes on Windows and Mac
Despite the MP3 format being the most ubiquitous audio file format, you will frequently run into files in the M4A format. This is because the M4A format is still used by many individuals all over the world. The reason you may not have noticed the presence of a M4A file on your device is because most media players are able to play the file and you won't see any difference between this file and the MP3 file format. However, some audio players may fail to support the M4A format and in this case, you will have to convert M4A to MP3 iTunes. Thanks to iTunes, this is not as hard as it seems and I am going to get you through it from start to finish.
- Part 1. How iTunes Converts M4A to MP3 with Ease
- Part 2. Best iTunes Alternative to Convert M4A to MP3
Because of the incompatibility between MP3 and M4A file, many companies have developed software to try to bridge this gap by enabling you to convert of M4A to MP3 iTunes. These converted files will act just like any MP3 and will be playable on virtually any device and any media player. One of these applications and possibly the most popular one is iTunes by Apple. Like most other Apple applications, iTunes is easy to use and never disappoints. iTunes convert M4A to MP3 easily and here are the steps necessary.
Step 1: Open import settings. Click the Preference submenu item from the Edit menu item and on the resulting preferences window, click on Import settings button. This is in the general tab of the Preferences window.
Step 2: Adjust import settings. In the Import settings dialogue, select MP3 Encoder in the drop down against Import Using. Choose the most appropriate bitrate for you. A higher bitrate means a higher quality audio but you will be compromising on the size. A bitrate of 128kbps would be the average.
Step 3: Convert M4A to MP3. Once all the import settings are okay and you now ready use iTunes M4A to MP3 feature, add M4A to iTunes. Finally, click on the Convert submenu item from File menu item and select iTunes Create MP3 version. Now let iTunes do its magic and at the end, you will find an MP3 version of the file in the same folder as the M4A file.
You may have noticed that iTunes wasn't built to be an audio converter but rather a media manager that handles audio, video, Podcasts and even TV. On the other hand, using iTunes to convert M4A to MP3 is more complicated, why not find an easier alternative to complete the conversion? Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is a software developed by Wondershare specifically to convert between different media file types. Not only can you turn M4A to MP3 but also you can convert MP3 to M4A . To convert both MP3 to M4A iTunes and M4A to MP3 follow the steps below.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Best alternative of iTunes to convert M4A to MP3 or other audio formats with simple steps.
- Support 1,000+ video and audio formats like MP3, WAV, OGG, WMA, AAC, M4A, etc.
- Super fast converting speed and extract audio/video without any loss in quality.
- Download video/audio files from 10,000+ websites by pasting URLs.
- Transfer M4A, MP3 and other audio files from PC/Mac to iPhone/iPad/Android devices easily.
- Toolbox with additional functions including Fix Media Metadata, VR Converter, GIF Maker, Cast to TV, etc.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Steps of how to convert M4A to MP3 with the best iTunes alternative.
Step 1 Download Wondershare iTunes M4A to MP3 Alternative.
The instructions I am going to give you were carried out on Windows but using the software on Mac would follow similar steps. First, head over to https://videoconverter.wondershare.com/ and click on Try Free button. This will download an installer version of the software. Open the downloaded file and after short while, depending on the speed of your internet connection, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) will be installed on your Mac/PC.
Step 2 Add M4A files to Wondershare iTunes M4A to MP3 Alternative.
Launch this iTunes alternative to convert M4A to MP3, and select Convert option on the homepage. Select the +Add files button to select the M4A (MPEG 4 Audio) files you want to convert. Or you can also directly drag and drop MPEG 4 Audio files to the program. If you wish to convert MP3 to M4A iTunes or any other file format then select the appropriate file format.
Step 3 Select MP3 as destination format.
Click the drop-down button next to Convert all files to: option on the right pane of the window, this is where you select MP3 as a destination format. Find MP3 option under the Audio button from the formats list. If you are converting MP3 to M4A iTunes then the destination file format should be M4A.
Step 4 Convert M4A to MP3 with Wondershare iTunes M4A to MP3 Alternative.
Lastly, click on the Convert All button to convert from M4A to MP3 file formats with iTunes alternative. The process doesn't take long but varies with the length of your media file and parameters involved e.g. audio quality.
Conclusion: To solve the problems of limited features on software like iTunes, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) comes with a tone of features with support of converting multiple media file type in an easy and intuitive process but yet much more powerful. Don't be scared about different incompatible file types like M4A anymore, by using Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) to convert any media file you encounter to the file types you expect them to be in.