- 1. Convert Audio to MP3+
- 1.1 Convert WAV to MP3
- 1.2 Convert M4A to MP3 Mac
- 1.3 M4A to MP3 Online Converter
- 1.4 Convert M4A to MP3 Audacity
- 1.5 M4A to MP3 iTunes
- 1.6 M4A to MP3 Converter Free
- 1.7 M4A to MP3
- 1.8 Convert WMA to MP3
- 1.9 WMA to MP3 iTunes
- 1.10 Convert FLAC to MP3 Mac
- 1.11 FLAC to MP3 Online
- 1.12 Free FLAC to MP3 Converters
- 1.13 FLAC to MP3 Converter
- 1.14 WMA to MP3
- 1.15 WMA to MP3 Online
- 1.16 WMA to MP3 Converter Free
- 1.17 WMA to MP3 Windows Media Player
- 1.18 Free WAV to MP3 Converter
- 1.19 Convert AAC to MP3
- 1.20 AAC to MP3 iTunes
- 1.21 Convert AMR to MP3
- 1.22 Convert AIFF to MP3
- 1.23 Convert OGG to MP3
- 1.24 Convert M4P to MP3
- 1.25 Convert 3GPP to MP3
- 1.26 Convert M4R to MP3
- 1.27 Convert CAF to MP3
- 1.28 Convert AC3 to MP3
- 1.29 Convert Opus to MP3
- 1.30 Convert Audio to MP3
- 1.31 M4B Audiobook to MP3
- 2. Convert Video to MP3+
- 2.1 Convert MP4 to MP3
- 2.2 Convert MP4 to MP3 iTunes
- 2.3 MP4 to MP3 Converter Online
- 2.4 Convert MOV to MP3
- 2.5 MPEG to MP3
- 2.6 Convert WMV to MP3
- 2.7 Convert FLV to MP3
- 2.8 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.9 Convert Facebook Video to MP3
- 2.10 Convert M4V to MP3
- 2.11 Convert AVI to MP3
- 2.12 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 2.13 Free FLV to MP3 Converter
- 2.14 Convert VLC to MP3
- 2.15 Free MP4 to MP3 Converter
- 2.16 Convert ASF to MP3
- 2.17 Convert F4V to MP3
- 2.18 Convert WebM to MP3
- 2.19 Convert VOB to MP3
- 2.20 Convert SWF to MP3
- 2.21 How to Convert Music to MP3
Top 19 Ways to Convert WAV to MP3 Free
WAV, also known as Waveform Audio File Format, is a widely used audio format developed by Microsoft and IBM for Windows users. However, the MP3 format may be a better choice if you want to play your audio files on Mac or your mobile phones. MP3 format is the most popular audio media file of the internet because of its space-saving techniques and portability. In this situation, the need for a free WAV to MP3 converter raised. You will need to convert WAV files to MP3 to ensure that your media files will play on virtually any media player. So, you'll learn the top 19 converters free for Windows/Mac, and online in this article.
- Part 1. Top 9 WAV to MP3 Converter Free Online
- Part 2. Top 5 Free WAV to MP3 Converter for Windows
- Part 3. Top 5 WAV to MP3 Converter Free Download for Mac
The internet has grown a lot in the last decade, and so have online websites, including utility tools. One of the tools that have become so capable lately is online converters, including audio converters. Here are 9 of the best online converter free.
- 1. Online Audio Converter
- 2. Zamzar
- 3. Convertio
- 4. Free convert
- 5. CloudConvert
- 6. Online UniConverter (originally Media.io)
- 7. Online-convert
- 8. Convert files
- 9. Online video converter
1. Online Audio Converter
Online Audio Converter is a website that offers, among other capabilities, free converter online while supporting the use of Google Drive and Dropbox.
● It comes with support for conversion of files in the Cloud.
● It provides the user with the ability to edit metadata in the audio record.
● The website has advertisements.
● The number of audio formats that are supported is limited.
Considered to be one of the efficient free convert platforms, Zamzar helps to convert files into audio easily. The platform also supports MP4, AAC, FLAC, M4A, OGG, and WMA format. It provides you with high-quality conversions that can transform videos into song formats, images, or documents as per your convenience.
● They are managing data through Zamzar Inbox.
● Long conversion time.
● No bulk conversion as it doesn’t allow more than 150mb to upload for conversion. You will have to pay INR 650, INR 1140, or INR 1800 as per your feasibility and budget.
This converter free platform provides you with many options. You can convert audio, video, image, document, archive, presentation, font, and ebook using this platform.
● The converter free platform is easy to use and convert files.
● Conversion up to 10 files daily.
● Retrieving conversions is easy.
● The PNGs in the background of the images don’t work accurately.
● Conversion takes time.
● You will have to pay 9.99 dollars per month to convert videos. If you want to save for free, then the file size shouldn’t exceed more than 100mb. Other plans are 14.99 dollars and 25.99 dollars per month, which has its specifications.
4. Free convert
It is another best converter free online platform. You can use this platform to convert files into audio format. This platform also offers upload multiple files at once into the platform and turn it into mp3 format. All you need to do is upload the WAV files into the upload box, click on the “Convert to MP3” option, and then download it.
● It supports all formats.
● Multiple file uploads up to 1GB.
● Files that are bigger than 1GB are not supported.
● The converted file sometimes gets corrupted.
It can convert all your files into audio online. Along with mp3, this platform also supports M4A, WMA, and many more. It also gives you an option to control your sound quality, increase, or decrease your file size. This platform ensures your data security as well.
● It supports 200 additional formats.
● It controls audio quality.
● Powerful API
● Navigation through the website becomes difficult.
● You will have to select a plan to convert files if you are opting for bulk conversions. You can choose a project starting from 8 dollars to 3,283 dollars. Also, you can opt for subscriptions.
Online UniConverter (originally Media.io) is Wondershare's online media converter that can double up as a converter free download.
How to Convert WAV to MP3 Online Free?
- Head over to media.io and click + Add your files to add the WAV file.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to Convert to and choose MP3 under Audio.
- Hit Convert to start the online conversion.
- When the conversion completes, you will be able to download the converted .mp3 files to your device.
- It is effortless and straightforward to convert WAV audio files to MP3.
- Beautifully designed user interface.
- It cannot convert a file that is in Cloud.
- There are limited audio formats as compared to desktop software.
It offers a free online converter. The audio converter section allows the user to convert media files fast, for free and without installing any software.
- It supports uploading files from google drive or Dropbox.
- It can change bitrate, sampling rate, and audio levels.
- The website displays advertisements.
- It doesn't support nearly all of the audio formats despite supporting over 50 of them.
8. Convert files
Convert files is a free online utility tool that enables users to convert data between different formats. Its audio device can be used to switch between WAV and MP3 in simple steps.
- It is easy to use in just simple steps.
- It displays advertisements.
- It only supports file URL and direct upload.
9. Online video converter
It is a website that offers the ability to convert media, both audio and video. The file formats supported are MP3, AAC, OGG, WMA, M4A, FLAC, WAV, MP4, AVI, MPG, MOV, WMV, MKV, M4V, WEBM, FLV, and 3GP.
- It is easy to use.
- It doesn't provide support to use other sources of media files other than those in the device.
In this part of the article, we are going to go through the top 5 free converters available for Windows 10, and below, you can use anyone for your free conversion.
It is by far the best free converter for Windows 10 and Mac systems. It supports numerous audio formats, including MP3, WAV, M4A, M4B, and others for audio conversion, most common video formats are also available so you can convert audio to video formats too. Wondershare Free Video Converter is easy-to-use and offers speedy media conversion as compared to its competitors. You can download and follow the simple steps below to convert WAV files to MP3 free.
How to Convert WAV to MP3 Free using Wondershare Video Converter Free?
- Add WAV files to Wondershare Free Converter.
- Choose MP3 as the output format to convert WAV files to MP3.
- Click on 'Convert' to start the conversion.
Step 1 Add WAV Files to Wondershare Free Video Converter.
Download, install and launch Wondershare Free video converter on your PC, you'll come to the Convert tab by default, then click on the +Add Files button on the left-top corner to load your desired WAV files to the program.
Step 2 Choose MP3 as an Output Format.
Hit the Convert all files to option to open the formats list, and tap on the Audio tab to choose MP3 format and quality.
Step 3 Convert WAV files to MP3 Free on Windows.
When everything is set, click on the Convert All button in the bottom right to start the conversion right away. You can find the saved files from the Converted tab after a few seconds.
Are you looking for a more powerful video converter tool? You can try the premium version of Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate), one-stop solution to convert, download, edit and burn any video/audio formats with just one click.
2. Freemake Audio Converter
It is a tool developed by iSkysoft and is available for Windows. It is another converter free. It supports several audio formats, including WAV, WMA, OGG, MP3, AIFF, and more. It also includes support for batch convert, which is handy.
- It supports multiple audio formats.
- It supports working with the Cloud.
- It allows the user to edit bitrate and sample rate to fine-tune conversion.
- It is not available for other operating systems other than the Windows OS.
3. VSDC Free Audio Converter
It is another tool to convert WAV audio files to MP3. It is fast, powerful, and feature-rich a free, fast, powerful. It supports MP3, WMA, and ASF, M3U, MOV, MP4, and M4A, RM and RA, OGG, AMR, VOC, AU, WAV, AIFF, FLAC, OMA.
- It supports multiple audio formats.
- It can extract audio from video.
- It deletes audio fragments from the audio file.
- It is only available for Windows operating system.
The switch is an MP3 converter that is free to use for non-commercial use. It offers neat features such as automatic audio levels normalization and access to an online music database to add song information to MP3.
- It allows multiple conversion at the same time.
- It can add song information from an online database.
- There is no free version for commercial purposes.
Fre:ac is a free audio converter that comes with support for various popular audio formats and codecs, including MP3, MP4, M4A, WMA, OGG, Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, WAV, and Bonk. It also converts multiples files in a folder while retaining its folder structure.
- It can add song information from an online music database.
- It can convert the music library into a folder and retain its folder structure.
- It is only available for Windows.
- It supports limited audio formats.
Wondershare Free Video Converter for Mac is a free desktop media converter available for both Mac and Windows systems. It boasts support for numerous media file formats, both video, and audio, while still maintaining an easy to use UI. It functions almost the same as the Windows version (mentioned in Part 2).
- It has an appealing user interface.
- It has a faster conversion speed.
- There is a watermark on the converted video, like all tools.
All2MP3 is a utility tool that allows Mac OS users to convert the WAV audio to MP3. It offers the option to adjust the bitrate easily and works fast.
- It has a fast conversion speed.
- It supports just about any audio file to convert into MP3.
- It can work only on Mac, so Windows users can't use it.
It is a free desktop software available for Mac OS X and Windows. It can convert multiple media files and can export directly to iTunes.
- It has simple and easy to use interface.
- It allows direct export to iTunes.
- It supports batch converting while keeping the folder structure.
- It has a slower speed as compared to Wondershare UniConverter.
It is a high-speed and flexible video audio encoder for Mac OS X users. It has support for basically any audio format.
- It is useful for advanced users who need to customize advanced settings.
- It is only available for macOS X users.
Audacity is a free and open-source audio management converter that can edit and convert between different audio formats with the help of external libraries. It is available in all the major operating systems, i.e., Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- It is the best freeware that is available to all major operating systems, i.e., Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
- It can work for virtually all audio codecs with the help of external libraries.
- It's open-source; hence anyone can contribute to its development. You can also understand what goes on behind the scenes.
- Some conversions don't work out of the box, e.g., conversion to MP3.
We have gone through 19 of the best converters for Windows, Mac, and online, each with different pros and cons. Your choice will depend on the features you need and the operating system you are using. For Windows and Mac users, Wondershare Free Video Converter is the most recommended free converter.