- 1. Convert Audio to MP3+
- 1.1 Convert WAV to MP3
- 1.2 Convert M4A to MP3 Mac
- 1.3 M4A to MP3 Online Converter
- 1.4 Convert M4A to MP3 Audacity
- 1.5 M4A to MP3 iTunes
- 1.6 M4A to MP3 Converter Free
- 1.7 M4A to MP3
- 1.8 Convert WMA to MP3
- 1.9 WMA to MP3 iTunes
- 1.10 Convert FLAC to MP3 Mac
- 1.11 FLAC to MP3 Online
- 1.12 Free FLAC to MP3 Converters
- 1.13 FLAC to MP3 Converter
- 1.14 WMA to MP3
- 1.15 WMA to MP3 Online
- 1.16 WMA to MP3 Converter Free
- 1.17 WMA to MP3 Windows Media Player
- 1.18 Free WAV to MP3 Converter
- 1.19 Convert AAC to MP3
- 1.20 AAC to MP3 iTunes
- 1.21 Convert AMR to MP3
- 1.22 Convert AIFF to MP3
- 1.23 Convert OGG to MP3
- 1.24 Convert M4P to MP3
- 1.25 Convert 3GPP to MP3
- 1.26 Convert M4R to MP3
- 1.27 Convert CAF to MP3
- 1.28 Convert AC3 to MP3
- 1.29 Convert Opus to MP3
- 1.30 Convert Audio to MP3
- 1.31 M4B Audiobook to MP3
- 2. Convert Video to MP3+
- 2.1 Convert MP4 to MP3
- 2.2 Convert MP4 to MP3 iTunes
- 2.3 MP4 to MP3 Converter Online
- 2.4 Convert MOV to MP3
- 2.5 MPEG to MP3
- 2.6 Convert WMV to MP3
- 2.7 Convert FLV to MP3
- 2.8 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.9 Convert Facebook Video to MP3
- 2.10 Convert M4V to MP3
- 2.11 Convert AVI to MP3
- 2.12 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 2.13 Free FLV to MP3 Converter
- 2.14 Convert VLC to MP3
- 2.15 Free MP4 to MP3 Converter
- 2.16 Convert ASF to MP3
- 2.17 Convert F4V to MP3
- 2.18 Convert WebM to MP3
- 2.19 Convert VOB to MP3
- 2.20 Convert SWF to MP3
How to Convert MP4 to MP3 in iTunes Easily and Quickly
If you are using your MP4 video files only for its audio part, convert it to an audio format like MP3 that will not only save the storage space but also makes the file accessible with all types of players. You can convert MP4 to MP3 using iTunes for free if you have a Mac. Or you can choose a more professional converter to convert MP4 to MP3 without iTunes and in a more easier steps.
- Part 1. Best Way to Convert MP4 to MP3 on Windows/Mac Without iTunes
- Part 2. How to Convert MP4 to MP3 in iTunes
Part 1. Best Way to Convert MP4 to MP3 on Windows/Mac Without iTunes
You can convert Mp3 to MP4 iTunes, but the process is feasible only for a few small sized files and basic conversion. For lossless quality conversions with added features, using a professional tool like Wondershare UniConverter is a good choice. This Windows and Mac based program supports over 1000 formats for conversion in high quality and at super fast speed. MP4 files for extracting audio can be added from your computer or directly from a device. With batch processing, multiple files can be converted at a time. Feature to transfer the processed file to an array of devices is also available.
Wondershare UniConverter - MP4 to MP3 Converter
- Convert MP4 to MP3 and other 1000+ formats without iTunes on Windows/Mac.
- Edit MP4 videos with trimming, merging, cutting, and more other options.
- Optimized presets for easy playback on iPhone, iPad, Samsung, and any other devices.
- Customize audio files with changing bitrate, sample rate, encoder, channel, etc.
- Burn videos to DVD and music to CD easily without losing any quality.
- Convert files at up to 30 times faster than common free and online converters.
- Download/record online videos from over 10,000 sites like YouTube.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, CD converter, video compressor and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps to Convert MP4 to MP3 Without iTunes on Windows/Mac
Step 1 Add MP4 videos to convert to MP3.
Download, install and launch Wondershare UniConverter on your Mac system. Add the videos by clicking on the +Add Files button under the Convert section. Files can also be added directly from the device or can be simply dragged and dropped.
Step 2 Choose MP3 as the target format for MP4.
At the top-right corner, click on the drop-down icon at the Convert all files to: option and from the pop-up window, select MP3 as the target format from the Audio list. Also, choose the file quality.
Step 3 Convert MP4 to MP3 Without iTunes
Click on the Convert All button to start converting MP4 to MP3 on Windows/Mac without iTunes. The files are saved on your system at the Output folder. You can also find them under the Converted tab.
Part 2. How to Convert MP4 to MP3 in iTunes
iTunes works as the default media management tool for all Apple devices. The program also facilitates converting your files in basic quality and thus works as a decent conversion tool. iTunes convert MP4 to MP3 in a few simple steps. The original MP4 video is kept by the program which can be later deleted or archived as needed.
Steps on How to Convert MP4 to MP3 in iTunes
Step 1: On your Windows system, launch the installed iTunes app and from the main interface, select Edit > Preferences. From the pop-up General Preferences window, choose the General tab and then click on the Import Settings button. At Import Using section, select MP3 Encoder from the available drop-down options. Click on the OK button to confirm.
With this step, the iTunes app is dictated as to what is the default format for importing or converting a file.
Step 2: Next, from your iTunes library, choose the MP4 video that you want to convert. Alternatively, you can also add the video from your system by clicking on File > Add File to Library option.
Step 3: Once the file is selected, open the File > Convert > Create MP3 Version and with this iTunes convert mp4 video to mp3.
Converting MP4 to MP3 using iTunes for basic conversion maybe a good choice, but if you have a batch of files that needs to be converted in lossless quality, free download Wondershare UniConverter and follow the steps above to have a try.