- 1. Play Audio Files+
- 2. Convert Audio+
- 3. Convert Audio Mac+
- 4. Audio Tips+
How to Convert AMR to MP3 on Mac OS X (Mojave included)
1. What is AMR?
What is AMR? AMR stands for Adaptive Multi-Rate audio codec, an audio data compression for speech coding. And it is also a file format for recording human speech and voice with the AMR codec. Many modern mobile phones, especially Ericsson 3G cell phones use AMR format files to record spoken message. Except applications like Apple QuickTime and RealPlayer, most players can't interpret the AMR files. In order to play AMR files more freely, it's a good idea to increase its compatibility by converting your AMR to MP3.
2. How to convert AMR to MP3 on Mac OS X
If you've stored audio recordings in AMR files and want to convert AMR to MP3 on Mac for wider usage, there is an easy-to-use tool for you to perform the Mac AMR to MP3 conversion. This article here provides you with a nice AMR to MP3 converter Mac (El Capitan supported), Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. It has two versions: Intel version and PowerPC version. Just select the right version for your Mac processor. To check the processor, you can click the Apple" icon from the main menu, and then select About this Mac" option.
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert AMR to MP3, WMA, M4A, FLAC and other 1000+ formats
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360 or PS3
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
How to Convert AMR to MP3
Now, just follow the guide below to convert AMR to MP3 on Mac OS X step by step. Check it out.
Video Tutorial: Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate - Convert AMR to MP3
Step 1 Import your AMR files to this AMR to MP3 converter for Mac
Start Video Converter Ultimate for Mac after the installation, and choose Convert section at the top middle of the main interface. Now you can drag and drop the AMR audio file into the software window, or choose Files > Add Files to add audio file from your Mac computer.
Step 2 Convert AMR to MP3 Format Mac
Now you can navigate to Convert all tasks to: and click to get the output formats. Then go to Audio > MP3 and choose your desired audio quality in the right.
Note: Sometimes, you might want to edit your original audio files. In that case, you can click the scissor-like icon below the loaded AMR audio thumbnail (just ) to get the trimming window just as the screenshot shows.
Step 3 Start AMR to MP3 conversion on Mac OS X (Mojave included)
Click the Convert All button on the right to start converting AMR to MP3 with Video Converter Ultimate on Mac. When the conversion is done, you can click the Converted button to locate the converted music file.
Note: If you find it's hard to find the output files on your Mac, you can set the output folder by yourself. To do it, just click Preferences at the right corner of the program window to specify the output folder.