- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. Play Audio Files+
- 2. Convert Audio+
- 2.1 Convert AC3 to AAC
- 2.2 Convert Voicemail to MP3
- 2.3 Convert AC3 to MP4
- 2.4 Convert WMA to MP4
- 2.5 Convert OGG to MP4
- 2.6 Convert FLAC to MP4
- 2.7 Convert AAC to AC3
- 2.8 Convert DTS to AC3
- 2.9 Convert WAV to Google Music
- 2.10 Convert FLAC to iTunes
- 2.11 Convert AC3 to WAV
- 2.12 Convert Audio to WAV
- 2.13 Convert FLAC to WMA
- 2.14 Convert WAV to WMA
- 2.15 Convert WMA to WAV
- 2.16 Convert AIFF to FLAC
- 2.17 Convert FLAC to ALAC
- 2.18 Convert FLAC to MP3 Linux
- 2.19 Convert MP3 to OPUS
- 2.20 10 Best FLAC Converters
- 2.21 Convert AC3 to AVI
- 3. Convert Audio Mac+
- 4. Audio Tips+
FLAC to ALAC: Convert FLAC Files to ALAC Free Online
Under normal circumstances, you wouldn’t find any particular need of converting FLAC to ALAC as both the audio formats are expected to perform equally well. However, if you are a multimedia enthusiast or are in the profession where frequent such audio manipulations are required, here are the two most popular portals to convert FLAC to ALAC with ease.
- Part 1. Introduction to FLAC and ALAC
- Part 2. Top 2 ways to convert FLAC to ALAC free online
- Part 3. Comparison table between the above 2 FLAC to ALAC online converters
Part 1. Introduction to FLAC and ALAC
Free Lossless Audio Codec or FLAC is a compressed lossless audio format. In simple words, an FLAC file holds the audio information that has been compressed but still retains its acoustic excellence to give the listeners a flawless and high-quality sound experience.
On the other hand, Apple Lossless Audio Codec or ALAC, that is sometimes also referred to as Apple Lossless, was initially released as a proprietary format in 2004, and was later, i.e. in the year 2011, was made royalty-free and opensource, thus making it available for all and for free. Because of this, general users usually don’t find any difference between FLAC and ALAC, and the negligible variance, if any, remains transparent to them. Also, ALAC files are generally placed inside a parent container that has an M4A extension.
Part 2. Top 2 ways to convert FLAC to ALAC free online
The fact is, transcoding becomes extremely simple as long as you have access to the best FLAC to ALAC converter. That said, the following are the top two ways that can help you convert FLAC to ALAC online:
- FreeConvert (https://www.freeconvert.com/flac-to-alac)
FreeConvert is a web tool that can accept the source FLAC files from your PC, Dropbox, Google Drive, or the URL for conversion. The solution also enables you to set up output preferences before transcoding FLAC to ALAC free. The entire conversion process can be completed in merely a few easy steps.
The instructions given below teach how to convert FLAC to ALAC with FreeConvert:
Step 1: Upload the source FLAC file.
Launch your preferred web browser on your Mac, Windows, or Linux PC, go to the link given above, click Choose Files, and select and upload the source FLAC file to the portal.
Step 2: Confirm the output format.
Check if the Convert to have ALAC selected from the Audio category, and optionally click the Settings icon to configure other output preferences as needed.
Step 3: Begin the conversion process.
Click Convert to ALAC to convert FLAC to ALAC online. Once done, click the Download M4A button to save the ALAC file on your PC, and click Done after the download completes.
- In addition to converting FLAC to ALAC, FreeConvert is also a unit converter, image converter, and video converter that supports almost all the major formats.
- Enables you to upload source files of up to 1GB in size.
- You must buy a subscription plan to increase the file size limit and remove the distracting ads from the web page.
- Online Converter (https://www.onlineconverter.com/flac-to-alac)
Online Converter offers a simple one-page web interface to select and upload source files from your PC or their corresponding URLs if they are already published somewhere on the Internet. However, unlike the previous method, Online Converter doesn’t have configuration options to granularly set up output preferences before you can convert FLAC to ALAC.
You can follow the steps given below to convert FLAC to ALAC online:
Step 1: Upload the source FLAC audio file.
Open your preferred web browser, go to the link given above, ensure that Upload File is selected in the Source drop-down list, click Browse, and select and upload the source FLAC file to the portal.
Step 2: Begin the transcoding process.
Click Convert to start converting FLAC to ALAC free.
Step 3: Obtain the transcoded file.
Once the conversion process is complete, click Download Now on the next page to obtain the converted ALAC file in M4A format.
- Absolutely free to use with no pricing plan whatsoever.
- Has links for reverse converters (e.g. ALAC to FLAC in this case) on the main page itself.
- The upload process is extremely slow.
Part 3. Comparison table between the above 2 FLAC to ALAC online converters
Number of Sessions/Day
Unlimited, 50 (with 24-hour Pass subscription plan)
Acceptable File Sources
PC, Dropbox, Google Drive, URL
No options available
Paid plans to uplift the size limit and remove ads
No subscription plan available
Converting FLAC to ALAC is not a complicated task at all. The only thing you need is a decent and robust paid or free converter that can transcode the files for you. While any online portal can get the job done, if you use a desktop program such as Wondershare UniConverter (formerly known as Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate), the FLAC files can be transcoded to M4A quite easily and 30 times faster as compared to any web solution.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best FLAC to M4A Converter
- Convert FLAC to M4A, MP3, WAV, AAC, and more others.
- 90X faster-converting speed than other common video converters.
- Save converted files to iTunes directly or transfer to iPhone/iPad/Android devices easily.
- Customize FLAC files to iTunes by changing encoder, sample rate, bitrate, and more other parameters.
- Burn FLAC audio files to CD easily without losing quality.
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites like YouTube and convert them to any formats.
- Versatile toolbox combines fixing video metadata, GIF maker, VR converter, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.