- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. Convert Audio to MP3+
- 1.1 Convert WAV to MP3
- 1.2 Convert M4A to MP3 Mac
- 1.3 M4A to MP3 Online Converter
- 1.4 Convert M4A to MP3 Audacity
- 1.5 M4A to MP3 iTunes
- 1.6 M4A to MP3 Converter Free
- 1.7 M4A to MP3
- 1.8 Convert WMA to MP3
- 1.9 WMA to MP3 iTunes
- 1.10 Convert FLAC to MP3 Mac
- 1.11 FLAC to MP3 Online
- 1.12 Free FLAC to MP3 Converters
- 1.13 FLAC to MP3 Converter
- 1.14 WMA to MP3
- 1.15 WMA to MP3 Online
- 1.16 WMA to MP3 Converter Free
- 1.17 WMA to MP3 Windows Media Player
- 1.18 Free WAV to MP3 Converter
- 1.19 Convert AAC to MP3
- 1.20 AAC to MP3 iTunes
- 1.21 Convert AMR to MP3
- 1.22 Convert AIFF to MP3
- 1.23 Convert OGG to MP3
- 1.24 Convert M4P to MP3
- 1.25 Convert 3GPP to MP3
- 1.26 Convert M4R to MP3
- 1.27 Convert CAF to MP3
- 1.28 Convert AC3 to MP3
- 1.29 Convert Opus to MP3
- 1.30 Convert Audio to MP3
- 1.31 M4B Audiobook to MP3
- 1.32 FLAC to MP3
- 2. Convert Video to MP3+
- 2.1 Convert MP4 to MP3
- 2.2 Convert MP4 to MP3 iTunes
- 2.3 MP4 to MP3 Converter Online
- 2.4 Convert MOV to MP3
- 2.5 MPEG to MP3
- 2.6 Convert WMV to MP3
- 2.7 Convert FLV to MP3
- 2.8 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.9 Convert Facebook Video to MP3
- 2.10 Convert M4V to MP3
- 2.11 Convert AVI to MP3
- 2.12 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 2.13 Free FLV to MP3 Converter
- 2.14 Convert VLC to MP3
- 2.15 Free MP4 to MP3 Converter
- 2.16 Convert ASF to MP3
- 2.17 Convert F4V to MP3
- 2.18 Convert WebM to MP3
- 2.19 Convert VOB to MP3
- 2.20 Convert SWF to MP3
- 2.21 How to Convert Music to MP3
- 2.22 FFmpeg convert WebM to MP3
- 2.23 WebM to MP3 Converter Online
Convert FLAC Files to MP3 with 10 Best Converters
The fact is, the MP3 format is more common as compared to FLAC, and therefore the former is supported by almost all the music playing applications and devices that are available today. Considering this, there might be instances where you would want to transcode FLAC to MP3 in order to make the audio files compatible with the media player that you have.
That said, here you will learn about several programs that can efficiently convert FLAC to MP3 both online and using a desktop application be it on a Mac or Windows PC. Furthermore, you will also learn how to save your valuable time by converting multiple FLAC files to MP3 in a single go.
- Part 1. Convert FLAC to MP3 without losing quality
- Part 2. Best way to batch convert FLAC to MP3 easily
- Part 4. Convert FLAC files to MP3 on Windows with 3 converters
- Part 5. Convert FLAC files to MP3 on Mac with 2 converters
Among all the applications that are available today for audio conversions, the best one that you can use is Wondershare UniConverter. Wondershare UniConverter (formerly known as Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is available for both Windows and Mac platforms, and in addition to converting the audio and video files to their relevant format, the app is also capable of performing several other tasks such as merging the media files, editing the videos before exporting, screen recording, and much more.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert FLAC to MP3, M4A, WMA, and over 1000+ audio/video formats
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices
- 90X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, VR converter, and screen recorder
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360, or PS3
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
You can follow the simple instructions given below to learn how to use Wondershare UniConverter to transcode a FLAC file to MP3:
Step 1 Import the source FLAC file to the program.
Launch Wondershare UniConverter on your Windows/Mac PC (a Windows 10 computer is used here for demonstration and illustration purposes), confirm that the Converter category is already selected in the navigation pane that is available on the left, click Add Files from the center of the right window, and select and import the source FLAC media file to Wondershare UniConverter.
Step 2 Choose MP3 as the target format.
Click the Output Format menu from the lower-left area of the right window, go to the Audio tab, select MP3 from the list in the left pane, and choose your preferred sound quality preset from the right.
Step 3 Set a destination folder and convert it.
Define an output folder in the File Location field from the bottom, and click Convert from the right of the imported file to change FLAC to MP3. The converted file can be accessed by going to the Finished tab from the top of the window.
If you have multiple FLAC files that you want to convert to MP3 in a single go, Wondershare UniConverter helps you in that as well. The steps below explain how to batch convert FLAC files to MP3:
Step 1: Import multiple FLAC files to UniConverter.
Follow the steps given in Part 1 to get to the Audio Converter category, click Add Files, and select multiple FLAC files by pressing and holding down the Ctrl key on your keyboard while making the selections. Alternatively, you can also click the drop-down button next to the Add Files icon present at the top-left corner of the right window, click Add Folder, and select the entire folder of the FLAC files to add all of them to the application at once.
Step 2: Convert all to MP3 at once.
Choose MP3 as an output format and define a destination folder as explained earlier. Finally, click Start All from the bottom-right corner of the interface to convert FLAC files to MP3 at once. As before, all the converted files can be accessed by going to the Finished tab.
If you are a Windows user, the following three programs to convert FLAC files to MP3 would be of great help:
- Freemake Audio Converter (https://www.freemake.com/free_audio_converter/)
Freemake Audio Converter is a tool dedicated only for audio conversion tasks such as to transcode a FLAC file to MP3, MP3 to WAV, etc. The application is absolutely free to download and use, and supports more than 50 conversion formats. With Freemake Audio Converter, you can even convert the source sound files to your preferred device-specific format such as for iPad, Nokia, HTC, etc.
- Capable of extracting audio from video files
- Can convert source files from any format to MP3 at 320Kbps quality
- Lacks audio editing features
- FLAC To MP3 Converter (http://www.flac-mp3.org/flac-to-mp3.html)
With a simple interface and easy-to-operate functions, FLAC to MP3 Converter is another app that can convert FLAC files to MP3 Windows 10 for free. The program is also compatible with older versions of Windows such as Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1. Therefore, regardless of the operating system, you are using, FLAC To MP3 Converter would be a decent program to try your hands on.
- The program is lightweight and therefore gives no overhead to the processor or other local hardware resources
- The software can copy the ID3 tags from a source FLAC file to MP3
- Doesn’t offer some advanced features that are usually available in other programs
- FlacSquisher (https://sourceforge.net/projects/flacsquisher/)
FlacSquisher is yet another program to convert your FLAC files not only to MP3 but also to OGG Vorbis, and Opus as well. The tool can be downloaded from the given link, and installed on your Windows PC. Post-installation, the simple UI with self-explanatory buttons and features assist you in converting FLAC to MP3 with no hurdles whatsoever.
- Exploits multicore processors to expedite the conversion tasks
- Keeps the structure of the directory of the source files intact
- Doesn’t have any editing options
If you use a Mac computer and want to convert FLAC to MP3, there are many apps that can help you with that. Some of the most popular ones are listed below:
- MediaHuman Audio Converter (https://www.mediahuman.com/audio-converter/)
MediaHuman Audio Converter is a free program available for both Windows and Mac platforms. The software supports almost all the major formats, and with the help of intuitive UI, it can convert FLAC files to MP3 with ease, even if you have limited or absolutely no technical knowledge about multimedia and conversion processes.
- Lets you export the converted files to iTunes
- Has the ability to extract audio from the video clips
- Lacks some advanced editing tools
- Wondershare Free Video Converter for Mac (https://videoconverter.wondershare.com/free-video-converter-mac.html)
Another free tool by Wondershare called Free Video Converter is also available for both Mac and Windows computers. The tool shares the same interface as that of the older versions of UniConverter and is capable of converting FLAC to MP3 for free. All you need to do is, obtain the software from its official website, install it on your Mac computer, and you are good to go.
- Absolutely free to use
- Can convert videos as well
- The free version adds watermark and/or audio adverts to the output files
In case the conversion tasks that you perform are not quite frequent in nature, and you don’t want to install a dedicated desktop application merely to convert FLAC files to MP3 once or twice a month, it would be a good idea to go for any online solution that is not only free, it doesn’t use your computer’s hardware resources either.
The best three online FLAC to MP3 converters are listed below for your reference:
- FreeFileConvert (https://www.freefileconvert.com/)
A web portal with simple UI, FreeFileConvert allows you to convert your FLAC file to MP3 in three easy steps where you need to upload the source audio (FLAC in this case), choose an output format (MP3 here), and then proceed with the conversion process. Once done, the produced file can be obtained from the website itself.
- Can accept files from your computer, their URL, Google Drive, or Dropbox
- Offers more than 8000 format combinations for conversions
- Can convert only up to 5 files in a single session batch
- Online-Convert (https://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp3)
One of the widely used online FLAC to MP3 converters, Online-Convert is capable of accepting the source files from their URL, your computer, or Cloud storage such as Google Drive and Dropbox. Once uploaded, you can set output preferences using the available drop-down lists and options in order to produce the MP3 files out of FLAC as per your requirements.
- Supports around 150 formats
- Is capable of extracting audio from video clips
- Due to the huge amount of options, the landing page might look a bit confusing to the new users
- Zamzar (https://www.zamzar.com/)
A web app with quite a simple and no-nonsense landing page, Zamzar allows you to upload the source FLAC files from your PC or using their URL if the media is being uploaded to any online portal. Furthermore, you can configure the solution to send the download link of the converted file to your email ID for easy accessibility.
- Offers three-step conversion process
- Supports more than 1200 formats
- Accepts files that are of only up to 50MB in size
Depending on your requirements and the frequency your profession demands for FLAC to MP3 conversions, you can either choose a desktop application or an online solution to get the job done. In any case, the tech giant Wondershare has your back. While UniConverter and Free Video Converter are good for offline uses, Media.io would be helpful if you want to transcode the audio files via a web interface.