- 1. Convert Audio to MP3+
- 1.1 Convert WAV to MP3
- 1.2 Convert M4A to MP3 Mac
- 1.3 M4A to MP3 Online Converter
- 1.4 Convert M4A to MP3 Audacity
- 1.5 M4A to MP3 iTunes
- 1.6 M4A to MP3 Converter Free
- 1.7 M4A to MP3
- 1.8 Convert WMA to MP3
- 1.9 WMA to MP3 iTunes
- 1.10 Convert FLAC to MP3 Mac
- 1.11 FLAC to MP3 Online
- 1.12 Free FLAC to MP3 Converters
- 1.13 FLAC to MP3 Converter
- 1.14 WMA to MP3
- 1.15 WMA to MP3 Online
- 1.16 WMA to MP3 Converter Free
- 1.17 WMA to MP3 Windows Media Player
- 1.18 Free WAV to MP3 Converter
- 1.19 Convert AAC to MP3
- 1.20 AAC to MP3 iTunes
- 1.21 Convert AMR to MP3
- 1.22 Convert AIFF to MP3
- 1.23 Convert OGG to MP3
- 1.24 Convert M4P to MP3
- 1.25 Convert 3GPP to MP3
- 1.26 Convert M4R to MP3
- 1.27 Convert CAF to MP3
- 1.28 Convert AC3 to MP3
- 1.29 Convert Opus to MP3
- 1.30 Convert Audio to MP3
- 1.31 M4B Audiobook to MP3
- 2. Convert Video to MP3+
- 2.1 Convert MP4 to MP3
- 2.2 Convert MP4 to MP3 iTunes
- 2.3 MP4 to MP3 Converter Online
- 2.4 Convert MOV to MP3
- 2.5 MPEG to MP3
- 2.6 Convert WMV to MP3
- 2.7 Convert FLV to MP3
- 2.8 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.9 Convert Facebook Video to MP3
- 2.10 Convert M4V to MP3
- 2.11 Convert AVI to MP3
- 2.12 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 2.13 Free FLV to MP3 Converter
- 2.14 Convert VLC to MP3
- 2.15 Free MP4 to MP3 Converter
- 2.16 Convert ASF to MP3
- 2.17 Convert F4V to MP3
- 2.18 Convert WebM to MP3
- 2.19 Convert VOB to MP3
- 2.20 Convert SWF to MP3
- 2.21 How to Convert Music to MP3
2 All-Round Ways to Convert AIFF to MP3
The format AIFF is not a popular format among music lovers, as many media players have issues recognizing it. For this reason, people are inclined to convert AIFF to MP3 or other widely-used music formats so that it can be played in iTunes or other devices. In this article, we're going to introduce 2 solutions for AIFF to MP3 conversion. You can choose to use the best AIFF to MP3 converter or the free iTunes converting solution.
- Part 1. What is AIFF Format
- Part 2. How to Convert AIFF to MP3 in iTunes
- Part 3. Best Method to Convert AIFF to MP3 on MAC/Win (Recommended)
The AIFF refers to the Audio Interchange File Format created by Apple, mainly for its operating system. It has .aif and .aiff extensions featured in excellent audio quality and no signal loss. However, AIFF itself is an uncompressed file and takes up large space due to PCM coding. So the main reasons that people prefer MP3 to AIFF can be included as follows.
- File Size: AIFF file requires large storage space because it is not compressed, and it's 4 times bigger than MP3.
- Licenses: AIFF is a bit more expensive than MP3.
- Burn CD: When someone needs to burn a CD with music, the MP3 format allows you to save more songs on it than an AIFF format.
- Compatibility: It is not compatible with some devices and media players because it cannot recognize it.
iTunes is a helpful tool to convert all types of audio and video files very fast, such as converting AIFF to MP3. It is a media player and multimedia content store developed by Apple to reproduce, organize, and sync iPad, iPhone, iPod, and it also can buy music. It is available for Mac and Windows in case you want to download it on your computer.
Here we will show you how to convert from AIFF to MP3, and to complete this task, you just need to follow the simple process. And for more information, please proceed to read the detailed tutorial below.
- Download and install iTunes on your computer.
- Select the format setting.
- Start AIFF to MP3 conversion.
Step 1. To start, you must download iTunes on your computer and agree to the license to complete the installation, launch it afterward.
Step 2. Now drag and drop your desired AIFF file for converting to iTunes. After this, click on the iTunes menu and select the Edit > Preferences > General > Import Settings > Import Using and select MP3 Encoder as the screenshot shows. Then you will find Setting, click on it, and select from the options Good Quality > OK.
Step 3. Right-click on your file and select Convert Selection to MP3 to start the AIFF to MP3 conversion.
Step 4. When finished, you can right-click the .aiff file again and choose Get Info to know the property of the file or select Show in Finder to open the folder that saves the converted AIFF files.
Another recommended option is Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate), which allows you to convert more than 1000 input and output formats, including AIFF and MP3. It can convert multiple .aiff files in batch without losing quality and at 30X faster-converting speed. You can add the converted files to iTunes or transfer to iPhone/iPad/Android devices easily. Additional functions like compressing video file size for sending an email or sharing to social media, making adjustments to videos via resolution, bitrate, or frame rate.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best AIFF to MP3 Converter
- Convert AIFF to MP3, M4A, and another 1000 formats without losing quality.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit audio files by changing bitrate, sample rate, encoder, and more others.
- Burn audio files to CD and vice versa to play on any playable devices.
- Download or record video/audio from 10000+ video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, CD converter, and screen recorder.
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360, or PS3.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps to Convert AIFF to MP3 Without iTunes on Windows/Mac
Generally speaking, to complete AIFF to MP3 conversion, all you need is to download the software to your computer > add AIFF file > choose MP3 as output format > start converting AIFF to MP3. The detailed instructions are listed as follows, both Windows and Mac users can take for references.
Step 1 Add AIFF files need to convert to MP3.
After downloading, installing, and launching the software on your computer, you'll go to the Video Converter section by default. Click on the button to search the AIFF files you want to convert. You can also directly drag and drop the files to the program interface.
Step 2 Choose MP3 as output format for AIFF files.
Click the drop-down icon at the Output Format: option, select the Audio > MP3, and choose one of the resolutions in the right. If you need to make some manual adjustments like change the frame rate, you can click on the + Create button to open the setting window and make changes as your needs.
Step 3 Convert AIFF to MP3 Mac/Win
Click the Start All button to start converting AIFF to MP3 without iTunes. After the conversion process, you can switch to the Finished tab to fetch AIFF files now in .mp3.
Note: You can also add the converted AIFF files to iTunes directly after conversion, just go to the UniConverter settings and check Preference > Convert > Automatically add files to iTunes Library after conversion option before converting.
In this new technology era, there're various tools to convert video/audio formats, but not all of them are fast or guarantee the converting quality. Don't worry, Wondershare UniConverter provides fast video conversion speed and high-quality output with simple steps, converting old AIFF to universally-accepted MP3 format (compatible with any device and media players) will never be difficult again. Free download Wondershare UniConverter and follow the steps above to have a try.
With Wondershare UniConverter,you can convert VOB to DVD with simple steps. Move to How to Convert VOB to DVD on Mac/Windows>> to learn more.