- 1. Convert MP3 to Other Format+
- 1.1 Convert MP3 to WAV
- 1.2 Convert MP3 to OGG
- 1.3 Convert MP3 to AA
- 1.4 Convert MP3 to M4R
- 1.5 Convert MP3 to WMA
- 1.6 Convert MP3 to FLA
- 1.7 Convert MP3 to AIFF
- 1.8 Convert MP3 to WMV
- 1.9 Convert MP3 to M4A
- 1.10 Convert MP3 to Ringtone
- 1.11 Convert MP3 to iTunes
- 1.12 Convert MP3 to FCP
- 1.13 Convert MP3 to Windows Media Player
- 2. MP3 Tools & Tips+
- 2.1 MP3 Converter for Mac
- 2.2 MP3 Converter
- 2.3 Free MP3 Converter
- 2.4 MP3 Player
- 2.5 Best MP3 Players
- 2.6 Convert iTunes to MP3
- 2.7 CD to MP3 iTunes
- 2.8 Convert DVD to MP3
- 2.9 Convert Spotify Playlist to MP3
- 2.10 MP3 to Text Converter
- 2.11 VEVO MP3 Converter
- 2.12 YouTube to MP3 Converter for Mac
- 2.13 YouTube to MP3 Online Converter
- 2.14 YouTube MP3 Converter for Android
- 2.15 YouTube Converter to MP3 for Android
- 2.16 YouTube to MP3 iPhone
- 2.17 Download MP3 to iPhone
- 2.18 Convert YouTube Playlist to MP3
- 2.19 Free YouTube to MP3 Converter
- 2.20 YouTube to MP3 Converter Not Working
- 2.21 Export Audacity to MP3
- 2.22 Convert MIDI to MP3
- 2.23 Convert SoundCloud to MP3
- 2.24 Convert Voice to MP3
- 2.25 MP3 Sites
- 2.26 MP3 Ringtone Maker
- 2.27 Upload MP3 to YouTube
- 2.28 MP3 Cutter
- 2.29 Online MP3 Size Reducer
- 2.30 MP3 Tag Editor
- 2.31 Save Garageband File in MP3
- 2.32 MP3 Recorder
- 2.33 Remove Vocals from MP3
Top 5 Common Ways to Cut MP3 Files Free/Online
Editing MP3 can be so effectively used that if you wish to make a ringtone from favorite songs, then you can take advantage of a MP3 cutter to trim long audio-books in different chapters or split unwanted parts from a particular song. You can also create your own music mix from a session of the DJ you faover by cutting MP3 files into fragments and combining them together. Moreover, you can trim MP3 files for the use in a PowerPoint or video presentation. Taking all into consideration, we collect 5 ways for you to learn how to split MP3 file.
- Part 1. Best Wondershare MP3 Cutter and Merger to Trim MP3 Files
- Part 2. How to Split an Audio Clip Using iMovie
- Part 3. How to Cut Portions of Podcasts or Songs in iTunes
- Part 4. How to Free Cut MP3 Files with VLC Media Player
- Part 5. 3 Free Online MP3 Cutters to Reduce MP3 File Size
- Part 6. Brief Comparison of Above MP3 Cutter & MP3 Splitter
Wondershare UniConverter is a complete MP3 trimmer that reduces MP3 file size by splitting, adjusting resolution/bitrate/frame rate and converting to smaller-sized audio formats like WAV, AIFF and WMA. In short, Wondershare MP3 trimmer helps to compress and convert files in many different input and output formats, which saves storage in our devices and more.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete MP3 Cutter and Merger
- Trim, merge & personalize your MP3 audio files based on your needs.
- Convert video to 1000+ formats, including MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV and more.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor and screen recorder.
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360 or PS3.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
That is why we recommend Wondershare UniConverter to trim your MP3 files. Now follow the tutorial below to learn how to trim your MP3 files.
Step-by-step Guide to Cut MP3 Files with Wondershare MP3 Cutter
Step 1 Add MP3 Audio File.
Open the program and it'll under the Convert tab by default. Click on Add Files button, then select the MP3 video you want and click on Open. After this, you will see 3 icons under the video thumbnail: Trim, Crop and Effect. so click on the left Trim. This software is a very good MP3 trimmer also and easy to use. Check next step.
Step 2 Trim MP3 in the Cutting Window.
Drag the side lay in the part you want to trim and then click on Cut. This video has 2 segments.
If you agree to click on Save, there'll be 2 video clips with their segment numbers. With this step, you can reduce MP3 file size whenever you need!
Note: If you want to delete one segment just select one and click on Delete. Proceed to check the box before Merge into one file and select Save. You can click on + or – to zoom in or zoom out to locate the exactly trimming part. In short, it enables you to cut MP3 files faster than other software!
Step 3 Save MP3 Segments.
Click the down arrow beside Convert all files to: and the format list will open. Select Audio tab and then choose an output format. Click on Convert All and the cut MP3 files will be found under Converted category.
Video Tutorial for Wondershare MP3 Splitter to Trim MP3 File
With iMovie you can edit your home videos, for example, you can split an audio clip. Here we will teach you how to get your MP3 splitter within 4 simple steps.
- Split an Audio clip.
- Detach audio from video.
- Remove audio from video.
- Move audio.
Step 1. iMovie offers 2 different ways to split a video, see as follows.
- Place the play-head where you want to split (on the audio), then click the audio clip and select Actions> Split.
- Press the clip in yellow and slide your finger down to split the clip.
Step 2. To separate the audio from the video you must tap a video clip in the timeline and press Actions > Detach.
And a new blue audio clip will appear. Now you know how to edit MP3.
Step 3. There're also 2 ways to delete the audio clip, you can either hold the audio clip and drag it out of the timeline and release it when a cloud appears in the corner, or tap the video clip in the timeline and select Delete.
Note: In case that you'll need the deleted clip, you can click Audio > Recordings to find it in the multimedia library.
Step 4. You can also choose which clip in the background or foreground. Press the audio clip and select Actions > Background (or Foreground). You will notice a change of color where the green will be the background music and blue the foreground music.
Would you like to cut off the screams of people in a caption in a live show? With iTunes, you can skip the start or end part of a MP3 song and keep the original file intact. What's more, iTunes can easily and quickly reduce MP3 file size. Follow the steps to learn how to edit MP3 with iTunes.
Step 1. If you have Windows on your PC, download iTunes, install it and launch it. Once you did it, open it and select the file you need edit: go to File > Add file to library and a window with your collection will open, proceed to select the song you want to edit and click on Open to compress MP3.
Step 2. Play the song and select the start and ending time in the song. To have more control, switch the status panel, drag the slider to go to the value you need meanwhile the song is playing. Now you can see the exact time when the MP3 files to be cut.
Step 3. Right-click on the song’s title that is playing and selects Get Info.
Click on the Options tab and select Start and Stop boxes and click within the above-mentioned start time field then click OK to save the changes and cut MP3.
Step 4. Right-click on the edited version and select Create New Version > Create AAC Version. The MP3 trimmer will appear next to the original song and will be saved in M4A format, which is advanced with the music application of your choice.
Step 5. To check if the MP3 file has been edited, just right click on the MP3 splitter and select Show in Windows Explorer.
A folder will appear and proceed to right click on the MP3 and select Properties > Details and compare the compressed MP3 with the original.
VLC is a multiplatform program capable to reproduce any format without Codec installations, reproduce DVD and 4K videos. At the same time, it helps you to cut MP3 files for your projects. Follow the step by step guide to know how.
Step 1. In your main VLC window, do click on Media > Open File and you will see a window file, search and select the MP3 you want to cut and click on Open.
Step 2. Select View tab and will see an option list, proceed to select Advanced Controls so will appear new options like the red record icon. This helps to reduce MP3 file size also.
Step 3. Select Play and move or drag the slider point and press the recording button to start recording the song. When you decide to stop it just click on Stop. To find your new project go to My Music or Music on your PC. Now you know how to edit MP3 with VLC.
1. WavePad Ringtone Maker Software
With this MP3 cutter and ringtone maker, you can create your own ringtone for your device and make it sound special and unique with simple steps. You can trim your song in your favourite part to convert it as a ringtone, notification or text message.
Pros: Support all audio formats; it is really easy to use
Cons: Nothing specific
2. Format Factory
This MP3 compressore is mainly used to convert audio and video into different formats. You can reduce MP3 file sizes by trimming and cutting the MP3 and also create ringtones for mobile.
Pros: Its excellent capability to recognize all types of formats
Cons: Limited functions
3. Easy Audio Cutter
It is a powerful MP3 splitter used to cut specific parts in a song and reduce its size.
Pros: Simple and complete multilingual software
Cons: Not support WMA audio
Here we would like share with you the comparison among iTunes, iMovie, Wondershare MP3 Cutter and Merger, VLC and Free Online MP3 Cutter:
|MP3 Cutter Tool||License||Edit Audio (Convert Formats)||Media Player||Supported OS||Other Versatile Features||Help & Support|