- 1. Convert MP3 to Other Format+
- 1.1 Convert MP3 to WAV
- 1.2 Convert MP3 to OGG
- 1.3 Convert MP3 to AA
- 1.4 Convert MP3 to M4R
- 1.5 Convert MP3 to WMA
- 1.6 Convert MP3 to FLA
- 1.7 Convert MP3 to AIFF
- 1.8 Convert MP3 to WMV
- 1.9 Convert MP3 to M4A
- 1.10 Convert MP3 to Ringtone
- 1.11 Convert MP3 to iTunes
- 1.12 Convert MP3 to FCP
- 1.13 Convert MP3 to Windows Media Player
- 2. MP3 Tools & Tips+
- 2.1 MP3 Converter for Mac
- 2.2 MP3 Converter
- 2.3 Free MP3 Converter
- 2.4 MP3 Player
- 2.5 Best MP3 Players
- 2.6 Convert iTunes to MP3
- 2.7 CD to MP3 iTunes
- 2.8 Convert DVD to MP3
- 2.9 Convert Spotify Playlist to MP3
- 2.10 MP3 to Text Converter
- 2.11 VEVO MP3 Converter
- 2.12 YouTube to MP3 Converter for Mac
- 2.13 YouTube to MP3 Online Converter
- 2.14 YouTube MP3 Converter for Android
- 2.15 YouTube Converter to MP3 for Android
- 2.16 YouTube to MP3 iPhone
- 2.17 Download MP3 to iPhone
- 2.18 Convert YouTube Playlist to MP3
- 2.19 Free YouTube to MP3 Converter
- 2.20 YouTube to MP3 Converter Not Working
- 2.21 Export Audacity to MP3
- 2.22 Convert MIDI to MP3
- 2.23 Convert SoundCloud to MP3
- 2.24 Convert Voice to MP3
- 2.25 MP3 Sites
- 2.26 MP3 Ringtone Maker
- 2.27 Upload MP3 to YouTube
- 2.28 MP3 Cutter
- 2.29 Online MP3 Size Reducer
- 2.30 MP3 Tag Editor
- 2.31 Save Garageband File in MP3
- 2.32 MP3 Recorder
- 2.33 Remove Vocals from MP3
There are many audio file formats in existence today, two of which are the WMA and MP3 formats. Both formats are supported by a wide range of devices and are highly compressed to reduce them to a fraction of their original size.
- MP3, also known as MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 Audio Layer III, is the more popular and more widely used of the two formats. Most of the music we hear is in MP3 format and it's supported by virtually all electronic media players. MP3 compression reduces audio files to less than 10% of their original size by removing information in an audio file that is not perceptible to our ears. This then allows us to fit hundreds of songs on to a CD or flash drive. The small file size also saves time and bandwidth when sharing files over the internet.
- WMA or Windows Media Audio format is an audio data compression technology developed by Microsoft. WMA can be used to refer to the audio format or codec, and uses the same principle as MP3 to reduce the file size.
The advantage WMA has over MP3 is that its files are smaller and sounds better at lower bitrates. This makes it an excellent choice especially when you are running low on disk space. Additionally, since WMA is Microsoft's own proprietary format developed to undermine MP3 and AAC, it is highly compatible with the Windows operating system. If you are using Windows Media Player or a Windows device to play your audio files, it’s recommended you convert your MP3 files to WMA format. You can refer to the following 3 parts to learn how to convert MP3 to WMA
- Part 1. How to Convert MP3 Files to WMA with Windows Media Player
- Part 2. Free Online Converter Tools for Converting MP3 to WMA
- Part 3. Ultimate MP3 to WMA Converter for Lossless MP3 to WMA Conversion
Windows Media Player (WMP) is the default multimedia player for the Windows operating system. It allows users to playback audio files in a variety of formats including MP3 and WMA. While WMP features additional functions such as media streaming and CD ripping, it does not allow for converting of media files. However, with a little creativity, there is a way to convert MP3 files to WMA with Windows Media Player. Here's how to do in 5 easy steps.
Step 1: Launch Windows Media Player and navigate to Library > Playlists.
Step 2: Create a playlist and give it a name, then click on Music on the right panel to display a list of all your audio files. Right click on the MP3 files you want to convert and add them to your playlist.
Step 3: Insert a blank CD into your optical disc drive. Now in Windows Media Player, select the Burn tab and drag-and-drop your MP3 files to the Burn List. When finished, click Start Burn.
Step 4: When the burn process is complete, the CD will be ejected. Put it back in the optical drive and click Stop when it starts to automatically play tracks on your CD.
Step 5: On the Rip, right-click and choose More Options. Now select Windows Media Audio (WMA) under Rip Settings: Format as your rip format. Check the boxes to select all the MP3 files you want to rip, and then right-click on the Rip tab and select Rip [CD name].
Sometimes you may have MP3 files that you want to convert to WMA format on your computer without having to go through the process of purchasing, downloading and installing converter software. In these cases, you may opt to use an online converter. Online converters are also a great option for people who only occasionally need to convert media files. Finding a good MP3 WMA converter online isn't always easy. Many converter sites are full of annoying advertisements and popups, while others have limits that restrict converting more than a set amount or size of files. Below are our picks for the best free online converters.
Online UniConverter (originally Media.io) is an online tool which can help you convert MP3 to WMA for free online. From our experience it is the best and easiest to use. To convert your audio files simply visit the website, select and upload the files you want to convert, choose your output format and bitrate quality and finally click Convert to start the process.
Zamzar is another free online converter that will convert audio, video, image and document file types. It can convert your MP3 files to WMA in 3 quick steps. First upload your MP3 files by pointing to their location or by drag-and-drop. Next set your output format to WMA and finally enter your e-mail address to where the converted files will be sent.
Convertio is a sleek and easy-to-use web app which both downloads and converts video, audio and images into multiple formats. To convert your MP3 audio files to WMA or any other format, upload your files from your local hard drive, Dropbox or Google Drive. Next select your output format and choose whether to save your files in Dropbox or Google Drive and then click Convert to begin the process.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is in many aspects the best all-purpose converter available today. With this powerful converter you can easily prepare your audio or video files for instant playback in any format and on any device. In addition to converting your multimedia files, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) can also stream media, burn CDs and DVDs, download videos, edit videos, record your screen and much more.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert MP3 to over 1000 formats, including WMA, AAC, FLAC, MP4 and more
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn and customize your video to DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
If you are interested in lossless conversion of MP3 to WMA on your PC or laptop, we will show you how to do it in a few easy steps.
Step 1 Launch Wondershare converter and add your MP3 files by clicking the Add Files button.
Step 2 In the output formats tab, select WMA from the extensive list of supported formats. Here you have the option of further customizing your conversion profile by clicking on the + Create Custom button.
Unless you know what you are doing, we recommend using the default settings that have been optimized for efficiency and quality.
Step 3 Click the Convert All button to start the process.
No matter which multimedia file type you want to convert, you can always rely on Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) to produce the best results. Simply select the format or device you want from the extensive list of supported options and your files will be ready in seconds. You don't need to be familiar with programming or media formats. Wondershare Converter is easy and fun to use. Don't take our word for it, download it today and try it for yourself!