- 1. Convert Other Format to MP3+
- 1.1 Convert MP4 to MP3
- 1.2 MP4 to MP3 Converter Online
- 1.3 Convert MOV to MP3
- 1.4 Convert MOV to MP3 Online
- 1.5 Convert QuickTime to MP3
- 1.6 Convert WAV to MP3
- 1.7 Convert M4A to MP3 Mac
- 1.8 M4A to MP3 Online Converter
- 1.9 Convert M4A to MP3 Audacity
- 1.1 M4A to MP3 iTunes
- 1.11 M4A to MP3 Converter Free
- 1.12 M4A to MP3
- 1.13 Convert WMA to MP3
- 1.14 Convert FLAC to MP3 Mac
- 1.15 FLAC to MP3 Online
- 1.16 Free FLAC to MP3 Converters
- 1.17 FLAC to MP3 Converter
- 1.18 WMA to MP3
- 1.19 WMA to MP3 Online
- 1.2 WMA to MP3 Converter Free
- 1.21 Convert WMA to MP3 Windows Media Player
- 1.22 Free WAV to MP3 Converter
- 1.23 Convert AAC to MP3
- 1.24 MPEG to MP3
- 1.25 Convert iTunes to MP3
- 1.26 Convert AMR to MP3
- 1.27 Convert AIFF to MP3
- 1.28 Convert OGG to MP3
- 1.29 Convert M4P to MP3
- 1.3 Convert 3GPP to MP3
- 1.31 Convert MIDI to MP3
- 1.32 Convert Spotify Playlist to MP3
- 1.33 Convert WMV to MP3
- 1.34 Convert FLV to MP3
- 1.35 Convert MKV to MP3
- 1.36 Convert Facebook Video to MP3
- 1.37 Convert M4R to MP3
- 1.38 Convert M4V to MP3
- 1.39 Convert SoundCloud to MP3
- 1.4 Convert AVI to MP3
- 1.41 Convert DVD to MP3
- 1.42 Convert Voice to MP3
- 1.43 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 1.44 Convert MOV to MP3 Mac
- 1.45 Free FLV to MP3 Converter
- 1.46 Convert VLC to MP3
- 1.47 Free MP4 to MP3 Converter
- 1.48 Convert CAF to MP3
- 1.49 Convert ASF to MP3
- 1.5 Convert F4V to MP3
- 1.51 Convert WebM to MP3
- 1.52 Convert AC3 to MP3
- 1.53 Convert Opus to MP3
- 1.54 Convert VOB to MP3
- 1.55 Convert SWF to MP3
- 2. Convert MP3 to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MP3 to WAV
- 2.2 Convert MP3 to OGG
- 2.3 Convert MP3 to AAC
- 2.4 Convert MP3 to M4R
- 2.5 Convert MP3 to WMA
- 2.6 Convert MP3 to FLAC
- 2.7 Convert MP3 to Aiff
- 2.8 Convert MP3 to WMV
- 2.9 Convert MP3 to M4A
- 2.1 Convert MP3 to Ringtone
- 2.11 Convert MP3 to iTunes
- 2.12 Convert MP3 to FCP
- 2.13 Convert MP3 to Windows Media Player
- 3. MP3 Tools & Tips+
- 3.1 MP3 Converter for Mac
- 3.2 MP3 Converter
- 3.3 Free MP3 Converter
- 3.4 VEVO MP3 Converter
- 3.5 YouTube MP3 Converter for Android
- 3.6 YouTube to MP3 Converter for Mac
- 3.7 YouTube to MP3 Online Converter
- 3.8 MP3 to Text Converter
- 3.9 YouTube to MP3 iPhone
- 3.10 Download MP3 to iPhone
- 3.11 Convert YouTube Playlist to MP3
- 3.12 YouTube to MP3 Converter Not Working
- 3.13 YouTube Converter to MP3 for Android
- 3.14 Free YouTube to MP3 Converter
- 3.15 MP3 Player
- 3.16 Best MP3 Players
- 3.17 MP3 Sites
- 3.18 MP3 Ringtone Maker
- 3.19 Upload MP3 to YouTube
- 3.20 MP3 Cutter
- 3.21 Online MP3 Size Reducer
- 3.22 MP3 Tag Editor
- 3.23 Save Garageband File in MP3
- 3.24 MP3 Recorder
- 3.25 Remove Vocals from MP3
- 3.26 Export Audacity to MP3
I have iTunes 18.104.22.168 on OSX 10.11.6 and I have added a bunch of MP3 files by dragging them onto the iTunes window. iTunes refuses to play them. It shows the triangle button, I press it, the icon goes away, and the file does not play.
At times you have the right version of iTunes but the MP3 files can’t play. The situation may be persistent even when you remove and add the MP3 files to iTunes library. However, you will notice that these MP3 files play well if you upload them to media players like VLC or QuickTime. Hence, it's not due to the audio format compatibility as iTunes-supported formats include MP3, M4A, AAC, WAV and AIFF. So what's the problem? How to fix iTunes can't play MP3 issue?
- Part 1. Why iTunes Fails to Play MP3 Files
- Part 2. Free Solution to Convert MP3 to iTunes via QuickTime
- Part 3. Professional Fix to Play MP3 With MP3 Converter To iTunes
- Part 4. External Knowlege: How to Add or Import MP3 To iTunes for Playing
There're various possible reasons causing iTunes play MP3 failure and the main reasons are listed as below.
- You may have updated your iTunes incorrectly thus failing to play files.
- There could be some technical issues with your iTunes and you may opt restarting it.
- Your MP3 files may not be labeled well and you could consider removing them from your playlist and fixing its metadata.
Nonetheless, you can keep reading this article as we have found 2 simple solutions to convert MP3 to iTunes as well as rightly import MP3 to iTunes for playing.
Is there a free way to fix the issue of iTunes not playing MP3? Oh yes, with Mac inbuilt QuickTime player you'll be able to convert the MP3 file to iTunes compatible format. This may sound impossible but we have made it clear for you by providing a step-by-step tutorial.
Step 1. Go to your Finder and search for QuickTime player under Applications and open it. You can also use Spotlight to search for the files.
Step 2. Next, you need to open the MP3 file with QuickTime player. You can either drag or drop it to the payer or click on File and select Open File button to choose the MP3 file.
Step 3. From there, go to File menu and click on Export and select iTunes option.
Note: For older versions of QuickTime player you will have to click on Save As option.
Step 4. The exporting progress will begin immediately on a pop up window as the one below.
Bravo! You can now go to iTunes and play your MP3 file.
You may have tried converting MP3 to iTunes and you are impressed, but imagine a situation that you have a playlist of MP3 music or several files to convert. That is so tedious since you will have to handle each file single handedly. With that being said, we are now going to introduce you a professional way allowing you to quick convert MP3 to iTunes effortlessly. Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate enables you to convert video/audio files in batch to Android devices, iTunes library, iOS devices, Game Consoles and also to popular social sharing sites. You'll be able to convert lossy format like MP3 to lossless formats like FLAC and other lossy formats without quality loss. Other than that, you can manage and organize your media library, fix and rebuild your iTunes library.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert to 1000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360 or PS3.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
How to Convert MP3 To iTunes-Compatible Formats with Wondershare Video Ultimate Converter
What you need to know Wondershare Video Ultimate Converter is that, it can convert file to over 1000 formats. So when you are sure of the file format iTunes is compatible with you can pick on easily. Audio formats supported by iTunes include M4A, MP3 and AAC. Now follow these steps.
Step 1 Lauch Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate
On your Mac, go to Applications and double click on Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate software.
Step 2 Upload MP3 File
Next, you will have to upload your MP3 file or files to the program. Click Convert section in the top and click at the top left. Similarly, you can also directly drag and drop them to the mid of the screen. On your computer, select and open the MP3 file with the program.
Step 3 Select iTunes Supported Format
After uploading your desired MP3 files, click on Convert all tasks to: to get output options. Click on Audio and select iTunes supported format like AAC option. Select on audio quality or you can customize by clicking on + Create Custom and move to the final step.
Note: You can change the location of the converted file under Output option located in the bottom of the window.
Step 4 Convert MP3 to iTunes Supported Format
You are almost there. Once you have done your settings well, you can then click on Convert All button in the lower right corner. The conversion will begin immediately and you can open the file once it is converted.
At this point you may have downloaded and converted YouTube Videos to MP3 ready to play them on iTunes but you don’t know how to add them. Don’t worry. Here is a simple guide on how to add MP3 to iTunes.
Step 1. Begin by opening iTunes app on your computer.
Step 2. Next, go to File and click on Add to Library button.
Tip: If you have created a playlist, click on Library and select Import Playlist option.
Step 3. Now, select on the MP3 files that you want to add and click on Open button.
Step 4. Lastly, click on Playlist and organize your MP3 files.
By now, you can fix the issue of MP3 files not playing as well as importing files to iTunes.