- 1. Convert MP3 to Other Format+
- 1.1 Convert MP3 to WAV
- 1.2 Convert MP3 to OGG
- 1.3 Convert MP3 to AA
- 1.4 Convert MP3 to M4R
- 1.5 Convert MP3 to WMA
- 1.6 Convert MP3 to FLA
- 1.7 Convert MP3 to AIFF
- 1.8 Convert MP3 to WMV
- 1.9 Convert MP3 to M4A
- 1.10 Convert MP3 to Ringtone
- 1.11 Convert MP3 to iTunes
- 1.12 Convert MP3 to FCP
- 1.13 Convert MP3 to Windows Media Player
- 2. MP3 Tools & Tips+
- 2.1 MP3 Converter for Mac
- 2.2 MP3 Converter
- 2.3 Free MP3 Converter
- 2.4 MP3 Player
- 2.5 Best MP3 Players
- 2.6 Convert iTunes to MP3
- 2.7 CD to MP3 iTunes
- 2.8 Convert DVD to MP3
- 2.9 Convert Spotify Playlist to MP3
- 2.10 MP3 to Text Converter
- 2.11 VEVO MP3 Converter
- 2.12 YouTube to MP3 Converter for Mac
- 2.13 YouTube to MP3 Online Converter
- 2.14 YouTube MP3 Converter for Android
- 2.15 YouTube Converter to MP3 for Android
- 2.16 YouTube to MP3 iPhone
- 2.17 Download MP3 to iPhone
- 2.18 Convert YouTube Playlist to MP3
- 2.19 Free YouTube to MP3 Converter
- 2.20 YouTube to MP3 Converter Not Working
- 2.21 Export Audacity to MP3
- 2.22 Convert MIDI to MP3
- 2.23 Convert SoundCloud to MP3
- 2.24 Convert Voice to MP3
- 2.25 MP3 Sites
- 2.26 MP3 Ringtone Maker
- 2.27 Upload MP3 to YouTube
- 2.28 MP3 Cutter
- 2.29 Online MP3 Size Reducer
- 2.30 MP3 Tag Editor
- 2.31 Save Garageband File in MP3
- 2.32 MP3 Recorder
- 2.33 Remove Vocals from MP3
Can't Play MP3 in iTunes? 2 Simple Solutions to Help You Out
I have iTunes 22.214.171.124 on OSX and I have added a bunch of MP3 files by dragging them onto the iTunes window. iTunes refuses to play them. It shows the triangle button, I press it, the icon goes away, and the file does not play.
At times you have the right version of iTunes but the MP3 files can’t play. The situation may be persistent even when you remove and add the MP3 files to iTunes library. However, you will notice that these MP3 files play well if you upload them to media players like VLC or QuickTime. Hence, it's not due to the audio format compatibility as iTunes-supported formats include MP3, M4A, AAC, WAV and AIFF. So what's the problem? How to fix iTunes can't play MP3 issue?
It's not difficult to solve this problem by reading the following article, which will tell you the best and free online ways to convert MP3 to iTunes.
- Part 1. Why iTunes Fails to Play MP3 Files
- Part 2. Free Solution to Convert MP3 to iTunes via QuickTime
- Part 3. Best Way to Convert MP3 to iTunes and Playback Without Any Trouble
- Part 4. MP3 to iTunes Converter Free Online
- Part 5. External Knowledge: How to Add or Import MP3 To iTunes for Playing
There're various possible reasons causing iTunes play MP3 failure and the main reasons are listed as below.
- You may have updated your iTunes incorrectly thus failing to play files.
- There could be some technical issues with your iTunes and you may opt restarting it.
- Your MP3 files may not be labeled well and you could consider removing them from your playlist and fixing its metadata.
Nonetheless, you can keep reading this article as we have found 2 simple solutions to convert MP3 to iTunes as well as rightly import MP3 to iTunes for playing.
Is there a free way to fix the issue of iTunes not playing MP3? Oh yes, with Mac inbuilt QuickTime player you'll be able to convert the MP3 file to iTunes compatible format. This may sound impossible, but we have made it clear for you by providing a step-by-step tutorial.
Step 1. Go to your Finder and search for QuickTime player under Applications and open it. You can also use Spotlight to search for the files.
Step 2. Next, you need to open the MP3 file with QuickTime player. You can either drag or drop it to the payer or click on File and select Open File button to choose the MP3 file.
Step 3. From there, go to File menu and click on Export and select iTunes option.
Note: For older versions of QuickTime player you will have to click on Save As option.
Step 4. The exporting progress will begin immediately on a pop up window as the one below.
Bravo! You can now go to iTunes and play your MP3 file.
You may have tried converting MP3 to iTunes and you are impressed, but imagine a situation that you have a playlist of MP3 music or several files to convert. That is so tedious since you will have to handle each file single handly. With that being said, we are now going to introduce you a professional way allowing you to quick convert MP3 to iTunes effortlessly. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) enables you to convert video/audio files in batch to Android devices, iTunes library, iOS devices, Game Consoles and also to popular social sharing sites. You'll be able to convert lossy format like MP3 to lossless formats like FLAC and other lossy formats without quality loss. Other than that, you can manage and organize your media library, fix and rebuild your iTunes library.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best MP3 to iTunes Converter
- Convert MP3 to iTunes supported formats like M4A, AAC, and other 1000+ video/audio formats.
- Convert MP3 to optimized preset for almost all of the devices like iPhone/iPad/iPod, etc.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Customize MP3 files to iTunes by changing encoder, sample rate, bitrate, and more other parameters.
- Burn audio files to CD easily without losing quality.
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites like YouTube and convert to MP3 or other formats.
- Convert CD/DVD to audio files like MP3, M4A, WMA, WAV, etc.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
How to Convert MP3 to iTunes Compatible Formats with Wondershare UniConverter
Donwload and install Wondershare UniConverter on your PC/Mac firstly from the link above. This MP3 to iTunes converter works on both Windows and Mac system, you can follow the following steps no matter you're a Windows user or Mac user.
Step 1 Launch MP3 to iTunes Converter and Upload MP3 Files
Launch Wondershare UniConverter on your Mac/PC after download and installation. Click the Convert section in the top and hit the Add Files button to load MP3 files you want to convert to iTunes. Similarly, you can also directly drag and drop them to the mid of the screen.
Step 2 Select iTunes Supported Format (M4A)
After uploading your desired MP3 files, click on the Convert all tasks to: option to get output options. Click on the Audio tab and select iTunes supported format like M4A or AAC as your needs. Select on audio quality or you can customize by clicking on the + Create Custom button and move to the final step.
Step 3 Convert MP3 to iTunes Easily on Mac
Once you have done your settings well, you can click on the Convert All button in the lower-right corner. The conversion will begin immediately and you can open the files from the Converted tab.
Step 4 Transfer Converted iTunes Files to iPhone/iPad (Optional)
You can transfer the converted files to iPhone/iPad or other devices easily via a USB cable. Move your mouse to the video you want to transfer and click on the Add to Transfer List button to transfer audio files to iPhone >>.
You can add the converted files to iTunes automatically on Mac, go to the Preference and choose Convert option, then choose the Automatically add files to iTunes Library after conversion.
If you want to convert MP3 to iTunes online and free, find a good online MP3 to iTunes converter is important. Here we recommended Online UniConverter (originally Media.io), as it is totally free and easy to use. This converter support most popular video and audio formats including MP3, WAV, WMA, MP4, MOV, WMV, etc. You can finish the conversion within 3 simple steps and download or save it to Dropbox directly. Follow the easy steps below to convert MP3 to iTunes online free.
Step 1: Open Online UniConverter (https://www.media.io/) from your browser on PC/Mac. Click on the Drag & Drop or Hit to Add File button to load MP3 files you want to convert.
Step 2: Choose output format from the Convert all files to option, select M4A under the Audio tab.
Step 3: Click on the CONVERT button to start converting MP3 to iTunes online free.
At this point you may have downloaded and converted YouTube Videos to MP3 ready to play them on iTunes but you don’t know how to add them. Don’t worry. Here is a simple guide on how to add MP3 to iTunes.
Step 1. Begin by opening iTunes app on your computer.
Step 2. Next, go to File and click on Add to Library button.
Tip: If you have created a playlist, click on Library and select Import Playlist option.
Step 3. Now, select on the MP3 files that you want to add and click on Open button.
Step 4. Lastly, click on Playlist and organize your MP3 files.
By now, you can fix the issue of MP3 files not playing as well as importing files to iTunes. Wondershare UniConverter is the best MP3 to iTunes converter for Windows/Mac and help you fix the MP3 can't play problem easily. Free download and follow the steps in Part 3 to have a try!