- TRY FREE TRY FREE
- 1. Convert MP3 to Other Format+
- 1.1 Convert MP3 to WAV
- 1.2 Convert MP3 to OGG
- 1.3 Convert MP3 to AA
- 1.4 Convert MP3 to M4R
- 1.5 Convert MP3 to WMA
- 1.6 Convert MP3 to FLA
- 1.7 Convert MP3 to AIFF
- 1.8 Convert MP3 to WMV
- 1.9 Convert MP3 to M4A
- 1.10 Convert MP3 to Ringtone
- 1.11 Convert MP3 to iTunes
- 1.12 Convert MP3 to FCP
- 1.13 Convert MP3 to Windows Media Player
- 2. MP3 Tools & Tips+
- 2.1 MP3 Converter for Mac
- 2.2 MP3 Converter
- 2.3 Free MP3 Converter
- 2.4 MP3 Player
- 2.5 Best MP3 Players
- 2.6 Convert iTunes to MP3
- 2.7 CD to MP3 iTunes
- 2.8 Convert DVD to MP3
- 2.9 Convert Spotify Playlist to MP3
- 2.10 MP3 to Text Converter
- 2.11 VEVO MP3 Converter
- 2.14 MP3 Converter for Android
- 2.17 Download MP3 to iPhone
- 2.19 Free YouTube to MP3 Converter
- 2.21 Export Audacity to MP3
- 2.22 Convert MIDI to MP3
- 2.23 Convert SoundCloud to MP3
- 2.24 Convert Voice to MP3
- 2.25 MP3 Sites
- 2.26 MP3 Ringtone Maker
- 2.27 Upload MP3 to YouTube
- 2.28 MP3 Cutter
- 2.29 Online MP3 Size Reducer
- 2.30 MP3 Tag Editor
- 2.31 Save Garageband File in MP3
- 2.32 MP3 Recorder
- 2.33 Remove Vocals from MP3
- 2.34 Clip to MP3
- 2.35 Top MP3 Editors
- 2.36 Video to MP3 Converters for iPhone
- 2.37 Convert link to MP3
- 2.38 Video to MP3 Apps for iPhone and Android
- 2.39 Free MP3 to MP4 Converter Apps
- 2.40 Add MP3 to Video
- 2.41 Convert Recording to MP3
- 2.42 Free MP3 Song Converters
- 2.43 Convert GSM to MP3
- 2.44 MP3 Extractors
- 2.45 Music to MP3 Converters
12 Best Free MP3 Converters for Windows/Mac/Online/iOS/Android
MP3 is a digital audio file format, a widely used and globally accepted format, and no one can deny that it provides sound quality in an optimized way. Almost all online platforms, websites, media players, and devices support MP3. Most of the time, people prefer audio files in MP3 format for better compatibility. Simply put, some videos and recorded data may need to be changed to MP3 format. They may need necessary MP3 converter programs. Whether on Android, iOS, Mac, or Windows, there are tools to do this, as the MP3 format is a popular and widely used file format. This is the best free MP3 converter to help convert any format.
- Part 1. Top 3 Free MP3 Converter for Windows
- Part 2. Top 3 Free MP3 Converter for Mac
- Part 3. Top 2 Free MP3 Converter Online
- Part 4. Top 2 Free MP3 Converter for Android
- Part 5. Top 2 Free MP3 Converter for iOS
Wondershare comes with this advanced video converter for Windows. It is the best MP3 converter for PC. The Video Converter Free is free as the name states and has powerful conversion capabilities. The software is uniquely designed, and the dashboard is as elaborate as it is stunning. The software converts audio files, videos, images, and other documents.
- It produces high-quality output after conversion.
- The interface is concise, elaborate, and impressive.
- It provides a quick conversion facility.
- Not only conversion but can be used to record and burn DVD files.
- It has an inbuilt media player.
How to Convert MP3 to/from Other Formats
Step 1 First, download, install and launch Wondershare free MP3 converter, then click Add Files to add MP3 or other files that you wish to convert.
Step 2 Hit the setting icon on the right side and select your target output format.
Step 3 Tap the Convert button to convert the file(s). To view the converted file, just hit the Converted button.
2. Freemake Audio Converter
The Freemake Audio Converter supports conversion to many file formats and is compatible with Windows. The software is specifically an audio converter, and you can thus be assured of great-quality output. It has nice features such as the ability to batch convert with quality output.
- It has a sleek Interface.
- It is easy to use.
- It has batch conversion abilities.
- It is only an audio converter, not for videos or other file formats.
- It has one must purchase the premium package to enjoy perks and benefits.
3. Format Factory
The software is pretty basic but has extensive coverage for anything to do with media files. It has some amusing features such as the batch conversion ability and supports many file format conversions. The software comes equipped with over 60 different languages and several skins to change the appearance as one pleases. Format Factory is a Windows-based software.
- It has many features, such as the number of languages used and the supported file format conversions.
- The software is easy to use.
- The software may crash at times due to huge conversions underway.
- The interface is straightforward and understandable, almost monotonous.
Though the interface is quite basic, it makes up for this with its all-inclusive features. Handbrake is one of the most suitable tools for Mac OS. With the software, one can change the output quality before converting and feature the ability to add subtitles.
- You can add subtitles for ease of understanding.
- One can change the format quality before converting.
- Has Apple presets to convert for Apple devices quickly.
- The software is somewhat complicated.
- The number of file formats supported is limited.
ffmpegX is a converter designed for Mac OS and has some great features. Like Handbrake, the software offers the ability to add subtitles, but in contrast, supports numerous file formats. It is sturdy software that can set quality converting parameters as one pleases.
- FFmpeg supports conversion to many file formats.
- It has advanced settings such as adjusting the bitrate and sample rate.
- The software has a media player.
- It is quite complex for novice users.
- It is not regularly updated.
3. MediaHuman Audio Converter
This is freeware software for Mac OS. The software features an audio converter, easy splitting, and audio extraction from video files and batch conversations. The interface is smart and appealing, with no hidden functions.
- It supports batch converting.
- The audio converter supports many file format conversions.
- The software is free.
- It's basically an audio converter and does not support video and other file format conversions.
- It may be a little bit complex for new users.
1. Online Audio Converter
Online Audio Converter supports many file formats with a high-quality conversion rate. No account registration is required. You only have to convert and get a link to the converted file. It is easy to use, and one can even be used the advanced settings on the site for conversion.
- The online converter is easy to use.
- It has a metadata editor to track the info of the converted file.
- It is free.
- The site may lag with huge file-size conversions.
- The advanced settings require some background knowledge on how to configure them before setting them.
This is an online converter with many features, such as the OCR, the video image, and other documents such as an ebook converter. It has a file size limit of 100MB for conversion. Convertio is quite easy since the procedure is clearly detailed on the page.
- The conversion speed is speed.
- It can enable conversion to many file formats.
- It has more features such as the video and image converter and the OCR feature.
- The upload file size for the conversion is limited.
- One is required to create an account to enjoy more features.
1. MP3 Video Converter for Android
Regarding conversion on Android devices, some converters come in handy such as the MP3 Video Converter for Android. The app is lightweight and supports conversion to both audio and video files. One can even extract audio from video using the app.
- It is a lightweight app.
- The conversion process is speedy.
- It supports both audio and video file conversions.
- It does not support the conversion of huge files.
- Some of the features are a bit complex to use.
2. Media Converter
The ability to configure even complicated settings such as the bitrate and sample rate is the Media Converter. Designed for Android devices, it is easy to use and a free app. The app support conversion to many file formats as well.
- The app supports some advanced settings, such as changing the bitrate and sample rate.
- The conversion process is fast.
- Background conversion is enabled.
- The app interface may seem complicated.
- It's a powerful app, but with huge conversion, it may tend to be unresponsive.
There are another 8 best MP4 to MP3 converter apps recommended.
1. iConv Video Converter
This is a super app for iOS users that utilize much of your iPhone's processing power to convert. The more complex settings like adjusting the bitrate, sample rate, and resolution come with this converter. iConv Video Converter is stylish and can convert to many formats.
- It has a stylish design.
- The app is free.
- It can integrate well with chatting apps for the sharing of converted files.
- It utilizes much of the iPhone's battery.
- The conversion process may be slow.
Similar to iConv, MyMP3 can share the converted files. It also turns many file formats into MP3, thus making it one-sided. It executes well, though the number of formats it can convert from is numerous.
- Supports sharing with different apps.
- Quick conversion of media files.
- The software design is simplified, making it easy to use.
- It is only an MP3 converter. Thus one cannot convert media files from MP3 to other formats.
- The conversion speed is a bit slow.
I hope now you are confident and aware of the best MP3 Converters for Windows, Mac, Online, iOS, and Android devices. Due care was taken to explain the steps easily. Simply follow the guide above, which will help you convert your media files to and from the MP3 file format.