- 1. Convert MP3 to Other Format+
- 1.1 Convert MP3 to WAV
- 1.2 Convert MP3 to OGG
- 1.3 Convert MP3 to AA
- 1.4 Convert MP3 to M4R
- 1.5 Convert MP3 to WMA
- 1.6 Convert MP3 to FLA
- 1.7 Convert MP3 to AIFF
- 1.8 Convert MP3 to WMV
- 1.9 Convert MP3 to M4A
- 1.10 Convert MP3 to Ringtone
- 1.11 Convert MP3 to iTunes
- 1.12 Convert MP3 to FCP
- 1.13 Convert MP3 to Windows Media Player
- 2. MP3 Tools & Tips+
- 2.1 MP3 Converter for Mac
- 2.2 MP3 Converter
- 2.3 Free MP3 Converter
- 2.4 MP3 Player
- 2.5 Best MP3 Players
- 2.6 Convert iTunes to MP3
- 2.7 CD to MP3 iTunes
- 2.8 Convert DVD to MP3
- 2.9 Convert Spotify Playlist to MP3
- 2.10 MP3 to Text Converter
- 2.11 VEVO MP3 Converter
- 2.12 YouTube to MP3 Converter for Mac
- 2.13 YouTube to MP3 Online Converter
- 2.14 YouTube MP3 Converter for Android
- 2.15 YouTube Converter to MP3 for Android
- 2.16 YouTube to MP3 iPhone
- 2.17 Download MP3 to iPhone
- 2.18 Convert YouTube Playlist to MP3
- 2.19 Free YouTube to MP3 Converter
- 2.20 YouTube to MP3 Converter Not Working
- 2.21 Export Audacity to MP3
- 2.22 Convert MIDI to MP3
- 2.23 Convert SoundCloud to MP3
- 2.24 Convert Voice to MP3
- 2.25 MP3 Sites
- 2.26 MP3 Ringtone Maker
- 2.27 Upload MP3 to YouTube
- 2.28 MP3 Cutter
- 2.29 Online MP3 Size Reducer
- 2.30 MP3 Tag Editor
- 2.31 Save Garageband File in MP3
- 2.32 MP3 Recorder
- 2.33 Remove Vocals from MP3
How to Convert Audacity Files to MP3
All of us have occasionally needed to convert some audio files like music, recordings and even the music of a video to another format. Whatever the case is, we always require an additional program or application for reliable conversion. In addition, we must make it clear what's the target output format, since we have so many different devices in such a modern world, such as cell phone, iPod, DVD player, console, etc. And MP3 is highly-recommended audio file format as it is fully functional on any player. For this lable, we're going to show you how to export audicity to MP3 in following 2 methods.
- Part 1. How to Convert Audacity Files to MP3 with Wondershare UniConverter
- Part 2. How to Save Audacity Files to MP3 with LAME Library
Speaking of the quickest method to export an Audacity file to MP3, you must take advantage of additional software, Wondershare UniConverter. It's an all-round converter tool that converts video to over 1000 formats and provides versatile functions including burn video to DVD, save online video from video sharing site, edit video to your stytle and more. What's more, if you convert Audicity files to MP3 with Wondershare UniConverter, it guarantees 30X faster speed than any other software.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert to 1000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360 or PS3.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Now follow the step by step guide to learn how to export Audacity to MP3 format.
Step 1 Launch Audacity to MP3 Uniconverter on the computer.
Download Wondershare UniConverter via the download button above, then follow the on-screen instrunctions to complete installation and then launch it.
Step 2 Load Audacity file into Uniconverter.
Go to the Convert section in the top and then click the to navigate to your target Audacity files on your computer, then choose the Open to confirm adding the Audacity files to the program.
Step 3 Choose output as MP3.
Now click on the beside the Convert all files to: to get all the available formats. Select the Audio tab and choose the MP3 as output format. Now you can convert audacity files to MP3.
Step 4 Convert Audacity files to MP3 in just one click.
Now click the Convert All to start converting Audacity files to MP3. Once the conversion finishes, you can switch to the Converted tab to get the converted MP3 files.
Aside from above-mentioned quick Wondershare method, we also suggest converting Audacity files to MP3 with the LAME library. As is known, Audacity is a free multiplatform computer application used for audio recording, editing and converting files to MP3. It allows you to export Audacity files MP3 if it works with LAME library, the MP3 encoder. How to proceed? Generally, the conversion process includes downloading the LAME library and converting the Audacity file to MP3 2 aspects.
Note: Audacity cannot directly encode or save Audacity files, you must download LAME library first.
1. Download LAME Library
- Go to the LAME library website and specify your computer system to download the right version, then click Open to proceed.
- Now choose how you like the file be saved and click on Save to start downloading. You can also rename the file, but note this type file is a compressed folder and you'd better save it as it is.
- When the downloading completes, just unzip the files as usual.
Tips: In case you're running Windows Vista, we recommend you go to the explorer window and select the file, then click on Extract All Files from the command bar to open the extractd contents.
2. Convert Audacity Files to MP3
Step 1. Since it's your first time using Audacity, it will ask you to specify the location where you have saved the LAME library file. Go to Menu > Export as MP3 and proceed to Save the file to in Audacity.
Step 2. Specify where you want to save your file and rename the file name as you like, now leave Save as type: to MP3 files.
Step 3. Click on Save and you will see a window message asking your permission, click Yes to proceed to save Audacity files as MP3.
Step 4. When you open the file, you have to edit the MP3 file by adding some specific information like Artist (optional) and select OK to confirm saving as MP3 in Audacity. Then the project will be exported, converted and save audacity files as MP3
That's it! Now you know how to export Audacity to MP3. To conclude, once finished editing a project with Audacity, we will have to export it to MP3 for future convenient use. However, LAME codes is an unnecessary part to export Audacity files in MP3, which is not always installed with Audacilty due to patent and license issues. But you can follow above instructions to download it separately for free. Moreover, Wondershare UniConverter is a great option with complete features that will help you to complete your audio projects and save as MP3 in Audacity.