- 1. Convert Other Format to MP3+
- 1.1 Convert MP4 to MP3
- 1.2 MP4 to MP3 Converter Online
- 1.3 Convert MOV to MP3
- 1.4 Convert MOV to MP3 Online
- 1.5 Convert QuickTime to MP3
- 1.6 Convert WAV to MP3
- 1.7 Convert M4A to MP3
- 1.8 Convert WMA to MP3
- 1.9 Convert FLAC to MP3
- 1.10 Convert iTunes to MP3
- 1.11 Convert AMR to MP3
- 1.12 Convert AIFF to MP3
- 1.13 Convert OGG to MP3
- 1.14 Convert M4P to MP3
- 1.15 Convert 3GPP to MP3
- 1.16 Convert MIDI to MP3
- 1.17 Convert Spotify Playlist to MP3
- 1.18 Convert WMV to MP3
- 1.19 Convert FLV to MP3
- 1.20 Convert MKV to MP3
- 1.21 Convert Facebook Video to MP3
- 1.22 Convert M4R to MP3
- 1.23 Convert M4V to MP3
- 1.24 Convert SoundCloud to MP3
- 1.25 Convert AVI to MP3
- 1.26 Convert DVD to MP3
- 1.27 Convert Voice to MP3
- 1.28 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 1.29 Convert MOV to MP3 Mac
- 1.30 Free FLV to MP3 Converter
- 1.31 Convert VLC to MP3
- 1.32 Free MP4 to MP3 Converter
- 1.33 Convert CAF to MP3
- 1.34 Convert ASF to MP3
- 1.35 Convert F4V to MP3
- 1.36 Convert WebM to MP3
- 1.37 Convert AC3 to MP3
- 1.38 Convert Opus to MP3
- 1.39 Convert VOB to MP3
- 1.40 Convert SWF to MP3
- 2. Convert MP3 to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MP3 to WAV
- 2.2 Convert MP3 to OGG
- 2.3 Convert MP3 to AAC
- 2.4 Convert MP3 to M4R
- 2.5 Convert MP3 to WMA
- 2.6 Convert MP3 to FLAC
- 2.7 Convert MP3 to WMV
- 2.8 Convert MP3 to M4A
- 2.9 Convert MP3 to Ringtone
- 2.10 Convert MP3 to iTunes
- 2.11 Convert MP3 to FCP
- 2.12 Convert MP3 to Windows Media Player
- 3. MP3 Tools & Tips+
- 3.1 YouTube MP3 Converter for Android
- 3.2 YouTube to MP3 Online Converter
- 3.3 MP3 Converter for Mac
- 3.4 MP3 Converter
- 3.5 MP3 Player
- 3.6 Best MP3 Players
- 3.7 MP3 Sites
- 3.8 MP3 Ringtone Maker
- 3.9 Upload MP3 to YouTube
- 3.10 MP3 Cutter
- 3.11 Online MP3 Size Reducer
- 3.12 MP3 Tag Editor
- 3.13 Save Garageband File in MP3
- 3.14 MP3 Recorder
- 3.15 Remove Vocals from MP3
- 3.16 Export Audacity to MP3
There are many Windows Media Player users who have detected a problem while reproducing an MP3 file. They'd receive a message or windows notifications saying the MP3 file is not compatible with Windows Media Player amlost everytime opening it. If you're encountering similar issues, you can read this article, from which you're provided with 3 workable solutions.
- Part 1. Why Windows Media Player Fails to Play MP3
- Part 2. Upgrade Windows Media Player to the Latest Version
- Part 3. Install Codec for Windows Media Player
- Part 4. Convert MP3 to WMP-Compatible Format
Generally speaking, Windows Media Player failing to recognize an MP3 file can be included to the following 4 reasons.
- Windows Media Player cannot recognize MP3 file, which is virtually in another format.
- Some MP3 files requires a license and WMP cannot reproduce without it.
- Windows Media Player does not have the corresponding MP3 codec.
- MP3 file is corrupted.
One of the most recommended solutions to fix the problem that your Windows Media Player cannot recognize MP3 file is to upgrade WMP to the latest version, Windows Media Player 12. It would include all necessary codec without downloading an external one. You can check the steps to learn
Check the following steps to know if you need a new Windows Media Player version:
Step 1. Open your Windows Media Player and go to Help > Check for Updates.
Step 2. Then Windows Media Player will start searching for a new version.
- If there's a new one available, it will notify you and ask you if you want to upgrade, just follow the on-screen instruction.
- If there's no, you will receive a message saying that there is not a new version just as the image shows.
Now you can try to listen your favorite songs from any CD or websits with the latest Windows Media Player.
If Windows Media Player still fails to open MP3 file, you can try to download and install the MP3- MPEG Layer III (55) codec on your computer. As is known, media files such as audio are compressed using different techniques to decrease their sizes. There're various techniques available in martket being created by different manufacturers or developers and the software that stores the related information is called codec. In short, it's necessary to have the right codecs in your computer which helps to reproduce the audio files that have been codified with them.
You can directly download the codec from the Internet because it is totally free and FYI, you can check http://download.cnet.com/mp3-codec-for-Windows-Media-Player/3000-2169_4-10630559.html
The third option that we want to present for making your Windows Media Player recognize MP3 files is using a third-party tool, with which you can convert those unread MP3 file to another format supported by WMP. Here we'd like to recommend Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate, a complete tool that supports over 1000 input and output formats conversion and plays any media file as Windows Media Player alternative.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert to 1000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360 or PS3
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra), 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Note that Windows Media Player supported formats include .asf, .wma, .wmv, .wm, .wmd, .avi, .mpg, .mpeg and other formats, but it depends on the WMP version you installed on PC. Now let's move on to the following step-by-step guide on how to convert MP3 files with Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate and make it compatible with any version of Windows Media Player formats.
Step 1 To start, you need to download and install Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate via the download button above. Launch it after installation, click Convert section in the top, click Add Files to add the MP3 file you want to convert and click Open to proceed.
Step 2 To change the file format, click beside Convert all files to: > Audio and select the format such as WMA.
Note: If you need to adjust the bitrate, resolution or so, you can click + Create Custom to open the Setting window. Once you finish the settings, click Create to continue.
Step 3 Proceed to click on Convert to start the process or Convert All if you want to convert many files at the same time. To check your final project, just click on the Converted tab.
To sum up, our mission is to help you solving any issue related to Windows Media Player while playing MP3 files. Just follow the instructions given in this article and you will no longer have problems with Windows Media Player. Now, enjoy your favorite MP3 songs.