- 1. Convert Other Format to MP3+
- 1.1 Convert MP4 to MP3
- 1.2 MP4 to MP3 Converter Online
- 1.3 Convert MOV to MP3
- 1.4 Convert MOV to MP3 Online
- 1.5 Convert QuickTime to MP3
- 1.6 Convert WAV to MP3
- 1.7 Convert M4A to MP3 Mac
- 1.8 M4A to MP3 Online Converter
- 1.9 Convert M4A to MP3 Audacity
- 1.1 M4A to MP3 iTunes
- 1.11 M4A to MP3 Converter Free
- 1.12 M4A to MP3
- 1.13 Convert WMA to MP3
- 1.14 Convert FLAC to MP3 Mac
- 1.15 FLAC to MP3 Online
- 1.16 Free FLAC to MP3 Converters
- 1.17 FLAC to MP3 Converter
- 1.18 WMA to MP3
- 1.19 WMA to MP3 Online
- 1.2 WMA to MP3 Converter Free
- 1.21 Convert WMA to MP3 Windows Media Player
- 1.22 Free WAV to MP3 Converter
- 1.23 Convert AAC to MP3
- 1.24 MPEG to MP3
- 1.25 Convert iTunes to MP3
- 1.26 Convert AMR to MP3
- 1.27 Convert AIFF to MP3
- 1.28 Convert OGG to MP3
- 1.29 Convert M4P to MP3
- 1.3 Convert 3GPP to MP3
- 1.31 Convert MIDI to MP3
- 1.32 Convert Spotify Playlist to MP3
- 1.33 Convert WMV to MP3
- 1.34 Convert FLV to MP3
- 1.35 Convert MKV to MP3
- 1.36 Convert Facebook Video to MP3
- 1.37 Convert M4R to MP3
- 1.38 Convert M4V to MP3
- 1.39 Convert SoundCloud to MP3
- 1.4 Convert AVI to MP3
- 1.41 Convert DVD to MP3
- 1.42 Convert Voice to MP3
- 1.43 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 1.44 Convert MOV to MP3 Mac
- 1.45 Free FLV to MP3 Converter
- 1.46 Convert VLC to MP3
- 1.47 Free MP4 to MP3 Converter
- 1.48 Convert CAF to MP3
- 1.49 Convert ASF to MP3
- 1.5 Convert F4V to MP3
- 1.51 Convert WebM to MP3
- 1.52 Convert AC3 to MP3
- 1.53 Convert Opus to MP3
- 1.54 Convert VOB to MP3
- 1.55 Convert SWF to MP3
- 2. Convert MP3 to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MP3 to WAV
- 2.2 Convert MP3 to OGG
- 2.3 Convert MP3 to AAC
- 2.4 Convert MP3 to M4R
- 2.5 Convert MP3 to WMA
- 2.6 Convert MP3 to FLAC
- 2.7 Convert MP3 to Aiff
- 2.8 Convert MP3 to WMV
- 2.9 Convert MP3 to M4A
- 2.1 Convert MP3 to Ringtone
- 2.11 Convert MP3 to iTunes
- 2.12 Convert MP3 to FCP
- 2.13 Convert MP3 to Windows Media Player
- 3. MP3 Tools & Tips+
- 3.1 MP3 Converter for Mac
- 3.2 MP3 Converter
- 3.3 Free MP3 Converter
- 3.4 VEVO MP3 Converter
- 3.5 YouTube MP3 Converter for Android
- 3.6 YouTube to MP3 Converter for Mac
- 3.7 YouTube to MP3 Online Converter
- 3.8 MP3 to Text Converter
- 3.9 YouTube to MP3 iPhone
- 3.10 Download MP3 to iPhone
- 3.11 Convert YouTube Playlist to MP3
- 3.12 YouTube to MP3 Converter Not Working
- 3.13 YouTube Converter to MP3 for Android
- 3.14 Free YouTube to MP3 Converter
- 3.15 MP3 Player
- 3.16 Best MP3 Players
- 3.17 MP3 Sites
- 3.18 MP3 Ringtone Maker
- 3.19 Upload MP3 to YouTube
- 3.20 MP3 Cutter
- 3.21 Online MP3 Size Reducer
- 3.22 MP3 Tag Editor
- 3.23 Save Garageband File in MP3
- 3.24 MP3 Recorder
- 3.25 Remove Vocals from MP3
- 3.26 Export Audacity to MP3
Top 3 Solutions to Play MP3 in Windows Media Player Without Any Trouble
There are many Windows Media Player users who have detected a problem while reproducing an MP3 file. They'd receive a message or windows notifications saying the MP3 file is not compatible with Windows Media Player almost every time opening it. If you're encountering similar issues, you can read this article. It lists the main reasons and the top 3 solutions when you can't play MP3 with Windows Media Player.
- Part 1. Why Windows Media Player Failed to Play MP3
- Part 2. Upgrade Windows Media Player to the Latest Version
- Part 3. Install Codec for Windows Media Player
- Part 4. [Recommended] Convert MP3 to WMA and Play on Windows 10/8/7 Easily
Generally speaking, Windows Media Player failed to recognize an MP3 file can be included to the following 4 reasons.
- Windows Media Player cannot recognize MP3 file, which is virtually in another format.
- Some MP3 files requires a license and Windows Media Player cannot reproduce without it.
- Windows Media Player does not have the corresponding MP3 codec.
- MP3 file is corrupted.
One of the most recommended solutions to fix the problem that your Windows Media Player cannot recognize MP3 file is to upgrade WMP to the latest version, Windows Media Player 12. It would include all necessary codec without downloading an external one. You can check the steps to learn
Check the following steps to know if you need a new Windows Media Player version:
Step 1. Open your Windows Media Player and go to Help > Check for Updates.
Step 2. Then Windows Media Player will start searching for a new version.
- If there's a new one available, it will notify you and ask you if you want to upgrade, just follow the on-screen instruction.
- If there's no, you will receive a message saying that there is not a new version just as the image shows.
Now you can try to listen your favorite songs from any CD or websites with the latest Windows Media Player.
If Windows Media Player still fails to open MP3 file, you can try to download and install the MP3- MPEG Layer III (55) codec on your computer. As is known, media files such as audio are compressed using different techniques to decrease their sizes. There're various techniques available in market being created by different manufacturers or developers and the software that stores the related information is called codec. In short, it's necessary to have the right codecs in your computer which helps to reproduce the audio files that have been codified with them.
You can directly download the codec from the Internet because it is totally free and FYI, you can check http://download.cnet.com/mp3-codec-for-Windows-Media-Player/3000-2169_4-10630559.html
The third option that we want to present for making your Windows Media Player play MP3 files smoothly is using a third-party tool, with which you can convert those unread MP3 file to another format supported by Windows Media Player on Windows 10/8/7. Here we'd like to recommend Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate), a media converter that supports over 1000 input and output formats including MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, MP4, MOV, etc. You can also preview and play the MP3 files via it directly.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best MP3 Player and Converter for Windows 10/Mac
- Best alternative to Windows Media Player to Play MP3 files on Windows 10/8/7 without any trouble.
- Convert MP3 to WMA or other 1000+ video/audio formats easily without losing any quality.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Trim and cut MP3 files and change the audio encoder as you like.
- Burn MP3 files to CD and playback on any playable devices easily.
- Convert CD to audio files for easy playback.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video/audio compressor and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps to Convert and Play MP3 on Windows Media Player Easily
Step 1 Add MP3 Files to Windows Media Player Alternative
To start with, you need to download and install Wondershare UniConverter via the download button above. Launch it after installation, and you'll come to the Convert section by default, click the Add Files button to add the MP3 files you want to play on Windows Media Player.
All added MP3 files will be listed on the software interface, move your mouse to the MP3 file you want to play, and then click the Play icon appear on the thumbnail image, you can play your MP3 files in preview directly.
Step 2 Choose Output Format Supported by Windows Media Player (WMA)
To change the file format, click the Convert all files to: button to open the drop-down formats list and choose Audio tab > WMA option from the list.
Note that Windows Media Player supported formats include .asf, .wma, .wmv, .wm, .wmd, .avi, .mpg, .mpeg, you can also choose others depends on the version you installed on PC.
Note: If you want to customize your MP3 files bitrate, sample rate, encoder, you can click the + Create Custom button to open the Setting window and make more changes. Once you finish the settings, click the Create button to continue.
Step 3 Convert and Play MP3 on Windows Easily
Finally, click on the Convert All button to start converting MP3 to WMA or other Windows Media Player compatible formats. To check your final project, just click on the Converted tab, and now you can play MP3 files on Windows 10/8/7 smoothly.
To sum up, our mission is to help you solve any issue related to Windows Media Player while playing MP3 files. Just follow the instructions given in this article and you will no longer have problems with Windows Media Player playing MP3. Now, enjoy your favorite MP3 songs freely.