- 1. Convert Other Format to MP3+
- 1.1 Convert MP4 to MP3
- 1.2 MP4 to MP3 Converter Online
- 1.3 Convert MOV to MP3
- 1.4 Convert MOV to MP3 Online
- 1.5 Convert QuickTime to MP3
- 1.6 Convert WAV to MP3
- 1.7 Convert M4A to MP3 Mac
- 1.8 M4A to MP3 Online Converter
- 1.9 Convert M4A to MP3 Audacity
- 1.1 M4A to MP3 iTunes
- 1.11 M4A to MP3 Converter Free
- 1.12 M4A to MP3
- 1.13 Convert WMA to MP3
- 1.14 Convert FLAC to MP3 Mac
- 1.15 FLAC to MP3 Online
- 1.16 Free FLAC to MP3 Converters
- 1.17 FLAC to MP3 Converter
- 1.18 WMA to MP3
- 1.19 WMA to MP3 Online
- 1.2 WMA to MP3 Converter Free
- 1.21 Convert WMA to MP3 Windows Media Player
- 1.22 Free WAV to MP3 Converter
- 1.23 Convert AAC to MP3
- 1.24 MPEG to MP3
- 1.25 Convert iTunes to MP3
- 1.26 Convert AMR to MP3
- 1.27 Convert AIFF to MP3
- 1.28 Convert OGG to MP3
- 1.29 Convert M4P to MP3
- 1.3 Convert 3GPP to MP3
- 1.31 Convert MIDI to MP3
- 1.32 Convert Spotify Playlist to MP3
- 1.33 Convert WMV to MP3
- 1.34 Convert FLV to MP3
- 1.35 Convert MKV to MP3
- 1.36 Convert Facebook Video to MP3
- 1.37 Convert M4R to MP3
- 1.38 Convert M4V to MP3
- 1.39 Convert SoundCloud to MP3
- 1.4 Convert AVI to MP3
- 1.41 Convert DVD to MP3
- 1.42 Convert Voice to MP3
- 1.43 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 1.44 Convert MOV to MP3 Mac
- 1.45 Free FLV to MP3 Converter
- 1.46 Convert VLC to MP3
- 1.47 Free MP4 to MP3 Converter
- 1.48 Convert CAF to MP3
- 1.49 Convert ASF to MP3
- 1.5 Convert F4V to MP3
- 1.51 Convert WebM to MP3
- 1.52 Convert AC3 to MP3
- 1.53 Convert Opus to MP3
- 1.54 Convert VOB to MP3
- 1.55 Convert SWF to MP3
- 2. Convert MP3 to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MP3 to WAV
- 2.2 Convert MP3 to OGG
- 2.3 Convert MP3 to AAC
- 2.4 Convert MP3 to M4R
- 2.5 Convert MP3 to WMA
- 2.6 Convert MP3 to FLAC
- 2.7 Convert MP3 to Aiff
- 2.8 Convert MP3 to WMV
- 2.9 Convert MP3 to M4A
- 2.1 Convert MP3 to Ringtone
- 2.11 Convert MP3 to iTunes
- 2.12 Convert MP3 to FCP
- 2.13 Convert MP3 to Windows Media Player
- 3. MP3 Tools & Tips+
- 3.1 MP3 Converter for Mac
- 3.2 MP3 Converter
- 3.3 Free MP3 Converter
- 3.4 VEVO MP3 Converter
- 3.5 YouTube MP3 Converter for Android
- 3.6 YouTube to MP3 Converter for Mac
- 3.7 YouTube to MP3 Online Converter
- 3.8 MP3 to Text Converter
- 3.9 YouTube to MP3 iPhone
- 3.10 Download MP3 to iPhone
- 3.11 Convert YouTube Playlist to MP3
- 3.12 YouTube to MP3 Converter Not Working
- 3.13 YouTube Converter to MP3 for Android
- 3.14 Free YouTube to MP3 Converter
- 3.15 MP3 Player
- 3.16 Best MP3 Players
- 3.17 MP3 Sites
- 3.18 MP3 Ringtone Maker
- 3.19 Upload MP3 to YouTube
- 3.20 MP3 Cutter
- 3.21 Online MP3 Size Reducer
- 3.22 MP3 Tag Editor
- 3.23 Save Garageband File in MP3
- 3.24 MP3 Recorder
- 3.25 Remove Vocals from MP3
- 3.26 Export Audacity to MP3
Talking about music files, MP3 and WAV are the two most commonly-used formats. The major differences between them lies in MP3 is a compressed file with lossy music, while WAV files are uncompressed and lossless in nature. As a result, MP3 files are easier to be transferred and uploaded over the internet and WAV files can store more detailed information. Additionally, when you want to create seamless loops of audio for flash animations or projects, WAV format is the right choice. A WAV file format is capable of storing LPCM, ADPCM as well as MP3 encoded data, and facilitates inserting music files to PPT. No matter whatever kbps an MP3 file is, it is not going to sound better than WAV file. So for all the music enthusiasts who want to have the best quality audio, converting MP3 to WAV is the best solution. In the article below, we will discuss 4 workable ways to convert MP3 to WAV.
- Part 1. Convert MP3 to WAV in iTunes
- Part 2. Convert MP3 to WAV with Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
- Part 3. Convert MP3 to WAV via Windows Media Player
- Part 4. Convert MP3 to WAV with 3 Free Online Tools
- Part 5. Extended Knowledge on MP3 to WAV Conversion
MP3 audio files can be converted to WAV file format using iTunes and steps to convert MP3 to WAV iTunes are listed below:
Step 1. Launch iTunes on your PC. Click Edit > Preferences.
Step 2. From pop-up Window, select General Tab, and hit Import Settings.
Another pop-up window will open just as the screenshot shows, from where select WAV Encoder from the drop down menu beside Import Using option. Click OK to proceed.
Step 3. Select a MP3 file from iTunes library or add the desired file from your PC. Click File > Convert > Create WAV Version.
A new file with the same name in WAV format will be created. You can right-click the file and check its format. Thus iTunes prove to be a simple MP3 to WAV converter.
Part 2. Convert MP3 to WAV with Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
The best option to convert MP3 to WAV format is using advanced software like Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate), as it guarantees best quality conversion within no time. This brilliant tool takes care of all file conversion needs in the most professional yet simple manner, and supports more than 1000 formats for file conversion including predefined formats for an array of devices. Additional features that come packed with the software include:
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert to 1000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices
- Batch conversion that processes multiple files at a time
- Leading APEXTRANS technology ensures lossless compression at 30 times faster than other converters
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template
- Download or record videos from 10000+ video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Transfer files to external hard drives, USB flash drives, Android devices, Apple devices and other devices
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Video Tutorial to Convert MP3 to WAV on Windows
Step-by-step Guide on How to Covert MP3 to WAV with Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
Step 1 Add MP3 Files
Download, install and open the Wondershare software on your PC. On primary software interface, click under Convert tab to browse and add the MP3 file from your PC.
Step 2 Select WAV as Output Format
Once the MP3 file is added to the software, click drop-down menu next to Convert all files to: and select WAV and file quality from the Audio tab.
Step 3 Convert MP3 to WAV
Finally, click Convert All to start the MP3 to WAV conversion process.
Once the MP3 file is successfully converted to WAV format, you can check the file from Converted tab.
If you are looking for a free and simple solution to convert MP3 to WAV, Windows Media Player is also a decent option. The detailed instructions are as follows.
Step 1. Open Windows Media Player on your PC and select Burn menu from the right side window.
Step 2. From the library, select the MP3 files to be converted to WAV format and drag them to the burn list on the right side window.
Step 3. Click Organize > Options to get another pop-up window.
Select Rip Music tab and select WAV (lossless) format from Rip Settings option, then click Apply to proceed.
Step 4. Insert black CD in your PC and hit Start Burn button. The CD will start burning and the MP3 files will be converted and saved in WAV format.
If you have a few numbers of files that need conversion without any advanced settings, online tools prove to be an apt choice. These tools are simple to use, available for free and need no download or installation. The top 3 free MP3 to WAV converter are enlisted below.
This MP3 to WAV converter online is a free program that is simple to use and allows converting an array of formats to WAV, MP3, WMA, and OGG audio files. Video files in 1000+ formats can also be converted here. What's more, you can compress audio files online and free without losing any quality. The program allows downloading the converted file from the interface itself or saving it to Dropbox easily.
Step 1. Open http://media.io/ on your PC.
Step 2. Click Select Files to Upload and add the desired MP3 files from your PC.
Step 3. Select WAV as the output format and select output file quality.
Step 4. Click Convert to start the process.
Zamzar is another widely used online MP3 to WAV converter that is free to use and supports a wide range of formats. The program features simple interface, supports more than 1200 formats and is quick. Files can be directly added from PC or their URL can also be imported. The converted file is sent to your desired email address.
Step 1. Open http://www.zamzar.com/ on your PC.
Step 2. Click Choose Files to browse and add your desired MP3 files from PC.
Step 3. Select WAV format from Audio formats list.
Step 4. Enter your email address to receive the download link for converted video file.
Step 5. Click Convert to start the process.
Once the conversion is complete, the link to download WAV file will be sent to the email you left in Step 4.
This is another decent MP3 to WAV converter that supports an array of formats. In addition to local files and URL, the program also allows adding files from Dropbox and Google Drive for conversion purpose. Convertio allows adding multiple files at a time for batch processing. Once the files are converted, they can be saved at PC, Google Drive or Dropbox.
Step 1. Open https://convertio.co/ on your PC.
Step 2. Click Select File to Convert to browse and add MP3 files from PC.
Step 3. Select WAV from list of Audio Formats as output file.
Step 4. Click Convert to initiate the process.
Once the file is converted from MP3 to WAV, it can be downloaded from the program interface.
In the starting of this article, we have already discussed the most common reasons why people prefer to convert MP3 to WAV format. We know that MP3 is a lossy compressed file, converting it to WAV will not help to regain its full resolution that originally existed. MP3 file compression is basically a destructive compression where there are permanent change and loss of data which is decided by the algorithm of compression. Once compressed, the original file cannot be recreated or rebuild, even if it is uncompressed through WAV format. Here it needs to be well understood that whatever imperfections that exist in the MP3 file will remain there even after converting it to WAV, but will surely not get worse.