- 1. Convert M4V to Other Format+
- 1.1 Convert M4V to MP4 on Mac
- 1.2 Convert M4V to MP3
- 1.3 Convert M4V to MOV
- 1.4 Convert M4V to DVD On Mac/Windows
- 1.5 Convert M4V to AVI for Mac/Windows
- 1.6 Convert M4V to FLV
- 1.7 Convert M4V to MPG
- 1.8 Convert M4V to WMV
- 1.9 Convert M4V Files on Windows/Mac
- 1.10 Convert M4V to iPhone
- 1.11 Convert M4V to MKV
- 2. Convert Other Format to M4V +
- 3. Tips & Tricks+
- 3.1 Import M4V to iMovie
- 3.2 Add Metadata to Your M4V
- 3.3 Converters for M4V to MP4 Conversion
- 3.4 Tips for Playing M4V Videos
- 3.5 Free M4V Player to Play M4V Files
- 3.6 M4V Converter for Mac
- 3.7 Top 5 M4V Compressors
- 3.8 Top 5 Online M4V Converters
- 3.9 Top M4V Converters for iTunes
- 3.10 M4V to VOB Converter
- Part 1. What's M4V
- Part 2. How to Play M4V Files on Mac
- Part 3. The Best M4V Converter for Mac
- Part 4. How to Rip DVD to M4V for Mac OS
M4V is one of the formats used for video podcasts, based on a codec used by the QuickTime. This codec is part of the MPEG-4, a global multimedia standard and this standard was introduced to provide optimized video podcasts for the video iPod. In a word, M4V is MPEG-4 file extension used for videos downloaded from the Apple iTunes store; includes music videos, TV episodes, and full-length movies; similar to a MP4 file, but may be copy-protected using Apple's FairPlay DRM copyright protection.
To play a protected M4V file, your computer must be authorized (using iTunes) with the account that was used to purchase the video. Unprotected M4V files may be recognized and played by other video players by changing the file extension from .m4v to .mp4. After the file extension renames, you can play the new files with iTunes. Moreover, QuickTime player is a good platform for all Mac users to play M4V video files. For other players that don't support M4V videos, you could convert M4V on Mac to a compatible format and then play the converted video.
Free Download M4V Video Converter for Mac:
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
How to Convert M4V on Mac with the Best M4V Converter for Mac:
M4V Converter for Mac is not only a good program to convert M4V videos to many popular formats like AVI, FLV, WMV, TS, MP4, 3GP, 3GP2, 3GPP, and 3GPP2, QuickTime (MOV), MPG, M4V, ASF, MKV and VOB, but also support to convert those formats to M4V files. And this Mac M4V Converter especially supports HD Videos including AVCHD, MTS, MOD, MKV, WMV, AVI, TOD, TS, etc. It's an easy application for everyone to use since there is only three steps of the process: add video files; select the output format; start converting. Here we will make M4V to MP4 conversion for example.
Step 1 Add M4V files to the M4V converter.
Before the step, you need to download and install the M4V converter on your Mac firstly, and then launch it. Click the Add Files button to load M4V Files to your app. Alternatively, you can directly add M4V files by drag and drop.
Step 2 Select the output format like MP4.
Click the inverted triangle beside Convert all tasks to to enter the format panel. Select Video > MP4 > the detailed resolution, or can click the Edit icon to customize the output format, like setting resolution, bitrate etc.
Step 3 Edit the videos (Optional).
You're available to edit the videos before the conversion. Just click one the editing icons to enter the editing window. This software can support you to trim, crop and set video and audio parameters. If you want to choose your favorite clips from the videos, just trim the videos my selecting its start time and end time. Facing so many video clips, you'd better make all these into one file by choosing the option merge into one file. Moreover, you can set the brightness and saturation of the videos, to make them seem different from others.
Step 4 Start converting M4V to MP4.
Click the Convert All button to start converting M4V to MP4. When the conversion is over, you can easily import the videos into your iMovie for further editor, or just put the videos into portable players like iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, Zune, PDA/Pocket PC (including BlackBerry), Creative Zen, Archos, Epson media players and any cell phone.
Since M4V is a popular video format used by many Mac applications like iTunes, QuickTime and iPod, it's common to convert your DVD files to that format for further use. DVD to M4V video converter for Mac is developed to well resolve the problem above. What's more, it's also a good application to convert DVD to many other formats like AVI, WMV, TS, MP4, FLV, 3GP, 3GP2, 3GPP, 3GPP2, QuickTime, etc.
Watch the Video Tutorial to Rip DVD to M4V: