- 1. Convert Other Format to MP4+
- 1.1 Convert MOV to MP4
- 1.2 Convert FLV to MP4
- 1.3 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 1.4 Convert AVCHD to MP4 on Mac
- 1.5 Convert WMV to MP4
- 1.6 Convert IFO to MP4
- 1.7 Convert WMA to MP4
- 1.8 Convert OGG to MP4
- 1.9 Convert M4V to MP4
- 1.10 Convert VOB to MP4
- 1.11 Convert VHS to MP4
- 1.12 Convert Video_TS to MP4
- 1.13 Convert Torrent to MP4
- 1.14 Convert SRT to MP4
- 1.15 Convert Windows Movie Maker to MP4
- 1.16 Convert AVI to MP4
- 1.17 Convert MKV to MP4
- 2. Convert MP4 to Other Format+
- 3. Other MP4 Tips+
It probably be hard for you to watch M4V file on Android phones, Windows PC, PSP, Xbox or edit the M4V video in iMovie, Final Cut Pro, since the M4V format which is used to store movies, TV series, and music videos in the iTunes Store can only be compatible with iTunes and QuickTime. To solve your problem, you can simply convert M4V to MP4 with the video converters recommended in the article. MP4 is the most popular video format supported by many players, video editing tools and game devices. Converting M4V videos to MP4 videos will enable you to get the most out of your M4V files.
- Part 1. Recommended M4V to MP4 Converter for Windows
- Part 2. Free M4V to MP4 Converter
- Part 3. Online M4V to MP4 Converter
- Part 4. FAQs About Converting M4V Files
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert purchased M4V movies to MP4 and other popular formats without transcoding.
- Optimized presets for easy playback on iPad, Samsung, YouTube and HTC, and more.
- Powerful video editing features like trimming, cropping, rotating, adding subtitle and effects, etc.
- Convert M4V to DVD with built-in menu templates, creating a professional DVD.
- Convert files at up to 30 times faster than contemporaries.
- Download/record online videos from over 10,000 sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra), 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Detailed Steps to Convert M4V to MP4:
Watch Video Tutorial to Convert M4V to MP4 with Wondershare M4V Converter
The guide below will tell you how to convert M4V to MP4 for Windows (Windows 10 included). If you want to get an M4V to MP4 converter for Mac (Sierra included), just download Video Converter Ultimate for Mac.
Step 1 Load M4V Files to the M4V to MP4 Video Converter.
Click to add your M4V files from desktop or other folders. Or simply drag the M4V files directly to the program window. After all video items imported, you can preview them on the main interface. If the video clip is not right, just hit the X button at the top-right corner of each video to remove the item.
Step 2 Choose MP4 as the Output Format.
Click the drop down icon of Convert all files to: at the top right corner of the main interface to open the drop-down format list. Select MP4 from Video, and then click the format preset. If you want to set the parameters for audio or video for more enjoyable playback experience, just click Create Custom button to access the setting window. Bitrate, Frame rate, resolution, channel are freely adjustable.
Step 3 Personalize Your Output Video (Optional).
This Video Converter also provides easy editing feature to allow you touch up your output video instantly. Common editing functions are provided, including cropping, trimming, applying effects, adding watermark or subtitles.
Bonus Feature: You can also use this M4V converter to convert M4V to DVD format by clicking the Burn tab on the top of the interface. And then click the Editing icon on the right pane to select your favorite menu template. In this way, you can create a professional DVD.
Step 4 Convert M4V to MP4.
When all settings are satisfied, just hit Convert All button to convert M4V to MP4. This program is quite efficient and you can find the converted videos in the Converted tab by right-clicking Open File Location from the down-down list. That's it! Now you can enjoy your M4V files anytime, anywhere. Great job!
Free M4V to MP4 Converter: Wondershare Free Video Converter
It can let you free convert M4V (DRM protected not supported) to MP4 in very short time.
Pro: Absolutely free video converter, easy to use
1. The free version cannot convert to 3D and HD. It can only convert to common videos.
2. It doesn't have the "Convert To Preset" inbuilt.
3. The output video quality isn't that satisfactory.
4. You can't convert M4V to DVD with this free M4V to MP4 converter.
You can use the free online video converter as well if you only have small M4V files to convert and don't hurry to get the files as the online conversion will take rather long time to finish the conversion. There are many online M4V to MP4 converters, you can try one of the best online converters Convert.Files below. It converts videos to almost any format.
1. Question: Can I just rename the file extension from M4V to MP4?
It may work sometimes, but it's really risky. the original file structure maybe broken, and you won't get the exact video quality you had before. So, you need to use a solid video converter to convert files with high quality output and ultrafast speed.
2. Question: Why convert M4V to MP4, any more information?
Limitations of M4V:
M4V is MPEG-4 file extension used for videos downloaded or bought from the Apple iTunes store, including movies, TV shows or music videos. It's similar to a MP4 file, but may be copy-protected using Apple's FairPlay DRM copyright protection. For items downloaded from iTunes, you can also play them with QuickTime or VLC besides Apple products, like iPhone, iPod, iPad, etc., but for items purchased from iTunes, you can only play them in iTunes or iOS devices thanks to the DRM authorization.
Popularity of MP4:
MP4 is the official filename extension for MPEG-4 Part 14. It's most commonly used to store digital video and digital audio streams, especially those defined by MPEG, but can also be used to store other data such as subtitles and still images. It can be supported by a variety of digital players, like iPod, iPhone, PSP, Archoes, Xbox, iRiver, Zune, video editing tools like iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, mobile phones like Android, Blackberry, HTC, etc.
3. Question: Can I use Handbrake to free convert M4V to MP4?
Handbrake can't remove DRM as is noted on its page, so converting DRM protected M4V to MP4 will be impossible. You can try Video Converter Ultimate.
Want to get the best video output quality for your M4V video? Just try Video Converter Ultimate below.