Convert MP4 on Mac
- 1. Convert Other Formats to MP4 on Mac+
- 1.1 Convert MOV to MP4 on Mac
- 1.2 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 1.3 Convert FLV to MP4 on Mac
- 1.4 Convert WMV to MP4 on Mac
- 1.5 Convert AVCHD to MP4 on Mac
- 1.6 Convert MPG to MP4 on Mac
- 1.7 Convert MPEG4 to MP4
- 1.8 Convert M4V to MP4 on Mac
- 1.9 Convert VOB to MP4 on Mac
- 1.10 Convert MTS to MP4 on Mac
- 1.11 Convert M2TS to Mp4
- 1.12 Convert SWF to MP4 on Mac
- 2. Convert MP4 to Other Formats on Mac+
- 2.1 Convert MP4 to MOV on Mac
- 2.2 Convert MP4 to AVI on Mac
- 2.3 Convert MP4 to MP3 on Mac
- 2.4 Convert MP4 to WMV on Mac
- 2.5 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 2.6 Convert MP4 to DIVX on Mac
- 2.7 Convert MP4 to WEBM on Mac
- 2.8 Convert MP4 to OGV on Mac
- 2.9 Convert MP4 to M4V on Mac
- 2.10 Convert MP4 to OGG on Mac
- 2.11 Convert MP4 to SWF on Mac
How to Convert AVCHD to MP4 on Mac Easily
"I asked if AVCHD files can be played on Mac and the support site says to simply click on the icon and quick time will play it. A big lie. Just say it won't support the file type and tell us what apps to get."
-----A question from Apple
Many people have similar questions like How do I extract AVCHD files from Mac? Will AVCHD play on Mac? The advanced video coding in high definition (AVCHD for short) is a file format that is based on the camera technology from Sony and Panasonic. The file format first came around in the year 2006 and since that time it has been used in many high definition camcorders throughout the production standard of Sony and Panasonic. However, AVCHD files can't be played directly by many players on Mac. In order to open these AVCHD files or post these types of videos to the web, it's usually a good idea to first convert them to a more manageable file format that's also more compact. So, what is the best solution for converting AVCHD video on a Mac? This article will introduce the easy steps to convert AVCHD to MP4 on Mac.
- Part 1. Best AVCHD Converter to Convert AVCHD to MP4 on Mac
- Part 2. Steps on How to Convert AVCHD to MP4 on Mac
- Part 3. Online Converter to Convert AVCHD to MP4
There are many different ways to convert AVCHD into MP4 format. The problem is there are so many choices, and you need to find the option that is best for you. Certain editors are able to convert files much faster as well as offer you the power to edit the MP4 afterward. There are also some file format converters that will allow you to very briefly change the file format into a number of other format types for easy display on multiple devices.
Perhaps one of the best programs that you could use for the conversion process would be to install Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). This program installs in just a matter of minutes and it offers a complete video converter service with a full editing suite. The program can be found on the main website and installed in a matter of minutes. The conversion process is much faster than any other web-only service as well. You can find more key features about Wondershare UniConverter as below.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best AVCHD Converter for Mac OS 10.15
- Directly convert AVCHD to MP4 and other 1000+ formats like MOV, VOB, AVI, MKV, etc.
- Edit AVCHD files with trimming, cropping, adding watermark, editing subtitles, etc.
- Convert AVCHD videos at 30X faster speed compared with common converters.
- Burn AVCHD videos to DVD or Blu-ray disc to play with your DVD player.
- Transfer converted AVCHD files from Mac to iPhone/iPad devices via a USB cable.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- All-in-one video toolbox: video compressor, video editor, screen recorder, metadata editor, etc.
- Supported OS: Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6, Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista.
If you have AVCHD files on your Mac computer, you'd better convert AVCHD files to MP4 for easy sharing or playing on your mobile devices. Take a look at the detailed guide below. You should first download and install Wondershare UniConverter on your Mac.
Step 1 Launch Wondershare UniConverter and import AVCHD files.
You can load AVCHD files by dragging and dropping to the program. Usually, an AVCHD file will contain several .mts files. After you drag the AVCHD file to the converter, a window will pop up, select the MTS files you want to convert, and then click the Add to List to add these files.
Step 2 Select the target format MP4 for the AVCHD to MP4 conversion.
Choose MP4 from the output section by clicking the drop-down list beside Convert all tasks to: > Video > MP4 > The resolution. By changing the output options, you can optimize the video quality for the web, for HD viewing and more by clicking Create Custom to enter the Settings window.
Step 3 Convert AVCHD to MP4 on Mac.
When all settings have been done, click the Convert All button and wait just a few minutes then you can find the converted files from the Converted tab. If you want to merge all the videos together, you can enable the Merge All Videos switch before the conversion.
Watch Video Tutorial to Convert AVCHD to MP4 on Windows, Similar on Mac
Watch the video to learn how to convert camcorder AVCHD files on Windows 10/8/7, and you can follow the same steps on Mac version. For learning more AVCHD converters, you can read Top 5 AVCHD Converters >> to learn more.
Online-converter.com is one of the very few places that you can find AVCHD to MP4 conversion. While this online source is an excellent way that you can convert one or just a few files, the process is slow if you have to convert many videos. The online converter for AVCHD has a fairly simple interface, but it can often take a very long time to complete the upload process. Many users have also suggested that sometimes uploads and downloads get interrupted and you have to start the process all over again.
Online video converters always have file size limitations, and you must connect to the internet to use it, and after converting AVCHD to MP4 with an online video converter, you may come up with the MP4 with no sound issues, which will also cause you many troubles. So, if you have many large AVCHD videos need to convert and play on Mac, just free download Wondershare UniConverter and follow the steps above to convert AVCHD to MP4 on Mac OS 10.15 easily.