- 1. Convert Other Format to MP4+
- 1.1 Convert MOV to MP4
- 1.2 Convert FLV to MP4
- 1.3 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 1.4 Convert AVCHD to MP4 on Mac
- 1.5 Convert WMV to MP4
- 1.6 Convert IFO to MP4
- 1.7 Convert WMA to MP4
- 1.8 Convert OGG to MP4
- 1.9 Convert M4V to MP4
- 1.10 Convert VOB to MP4
- 1.11 Convert VHS to MP4
- 1.12 Convert Video_TS to MP4
- 1.13 Convert Torrent to MP4
- 1.14 Convert SRT to MP4
- 1.15 Convert Windows Movie Maker to MP4
- 1.16 Convert AVI to MP4
- 2. Convert MP4 to Other Format+
- 3. Other MP4 Tips+
Windows Movie Maker just allows us to export the MSWMM project files to WMV video files. Sometimes you may fail to upload Window Movie Maker video to YouTube, or can't get the WMV videos to play on your mobile phones. Here this article will recommend a great Windows Movie Maker to MP4 converter. It will help you convert videos to MP4, the most commonly used video format, with ultrafast conversion speed and in high video quality.
- Part 1. Professional Windows Movie Maker to MP4 Converter for Windows/Mac
- Part 2. Free Windows Movie Maker to MP4 Converter
- Part 3. Online Windows Movie Maker to MP4 Converter
- Part 4. Why Choose Wondershare Video Ultimate to Convert Windows Movie Maker Files to MP4
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert Windows Movie Maker project to MP4, MKV, AVI, and any other video formats.
- Burn Windows Movie Maker videos to DVD with various menu templates.
- Download/record videos from a wide range of video sharing sites.
- videos from streaming sites or record your desktop activities.
- Edit, enhance and personalized your videos, including trim, crop,merge, rotate videos, add subtitles, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra), 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
How to Convert Windows Movie Maker to MP4
I will tell you below on how to convert Windows Movie Maker to MP4 on Windows. You can follow the steps to convert Windows Movie Maker to MP4 on Mac too.
Step 1 Save your Windows Movie Maker files as the video files.
You need to save your Windows Movie Maker project files to WMV video files. When you open a Windows Movie Maker project file, you just click the Save Movies > For computer option on the top-left side of its interface to save files as the video files. That's because this video converter can only recognize a video file other than a project file.
Note: If you've saved lots of MSWMM files on your PC, you need to import them to Windows Movie Maker, and then resave them as WMV video files.
Step 2 Import videos to this video converter.
After you launch this smart video converter, you need to click the button on the top-left corner of the interface. And then import the WMV files saved in step 1 to this program. Or you can directly drag and drop them to this program's conversion pane.
Step 3 Choose MP4 as the output format.
Click the drop-down icon on the top-right side of the interface, and then you'll see this app's output format list as shown in the figure below. Click the Video tab and choose MP4, and double-click on the preset you want, here choose Same as source for example.
Note: If you convert Windows Movie Maker to MP4 format for playback on some device, here, you can directly choose the device as the output format instead. To do it, you can go to the Device category to select what you want.
Step 4 Convert Windows Movie Maker to MP4.
On the bottom-right corner of this window, you just hit the Convert All button to start video conversion. This great Windows Movie Maker to MP4 video converter will help you finish the rest job. After a while, the whole video conversion tasks will be done. And then you can click the Converted tab and click the icon beside the video to locate your desirable MP4 file.
Video Tutorial: Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate - Convert Video to MP4
# 1. Free Video Converter: Wondershare Free Windows Movie Maker to MP4 Converter
This is a 100% free Windows Movie Maker to MP4 converter. You can use this application to free convert Windows Movie Maker video in any format to AVI, MP4, MKV, MOV, and also you can use it to extract music from movies.
1. You can only use it to convert Windows Movie Maker video to common videos, but can't convert to 3D & HD videos.
2. No presets for devices available to use.
3. You can't use it to burn your Windows Movie Maker video to DVD.
Online tools are a great way to take care of your file conversion needs, and Windows Movie Maker to MP4 is no exception to this. One of the popular online programs that allow to convert Windows Movie Maker to MP4 in addition to other file formats is Online Convert. This free to use program allows adding desired files from local PC, URL, Dropbox, as well as Google Drive. The program is optimized to deliver good quality output files and also facilitates editing file parameters like bitrate, size, frame rate, and others. With simple to use interface, Online Convert is apt for users with basic conversion needs.
Steps to convert Windows Movie Maker files to MP4 online:
Step 1: Open https://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp4 on your PC browser.
Step 2: Click “Choose file” to add WMV file from PC. Alternatively, you can also add the file through URL, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
Step 3: Under Optional Settings, edit video parameters if needed.
Step 4: Click “Convert file” to start the process and convert Windows Movie Maker project to MP4.
The converted MP4 file can be downloaded from the link provided at the interface.
Pros and Cons of the Method:
- Free to use program with simple interface.
- Allows adding files from multiple sources.
- Facilitates editing file before conversion.
- Dependents on Internet availability and connection.
- Supports limited formats for conversion as compared to other programs and tools.
- Does not support processing multiple files at a time.
Above listed are 3 methods for converting Windows Movie Maker to MP4. Each of these methods has associated benefits as well as limitations. Overall, if we consider the conversion speed, supported formats, output video quality, and additional features, Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate definitely proves to be the best Windows Movie Maker to MP4 converter and far better than the rest 2. This professional software from Wondershare is just apt for all your video conversion needs. Below given is a table that compares the features of the above-mentioned methods.
|Features/Program||Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate||Wondershare Video Converter Free||Online Convert|
|Fees||Paid software with free trial version||Free to use software||Free|
|Speed of Conversion||Super Fast (30X faster)||Fast||Average|
|Supported Input formats||More than 1000 formats||All popular formats||Popularly used formats|
|24X 7 Customer Support||Yes||No||No|
|File Editing Features.||Yes, support wide range of editing tools.||Basic editing tools like bit rate, frame rate, size and others.||Basic editing tools like bit rate, frame rate, size and others.|
|Video Download||Yes, download from more than 10,000 sites.||Download from YouTube only.||No|
|Converting videos to pre defined device supported formats||Yes, to all popular devices||Yes||No|
|Additional features like burning and editing DVD, GIF maker, casting video to TV, and others||Yes||No||No|
Want to get the best Windows Movie Maker to MP4 converter? Video Converter Ultimate is definitely your right choice.