- 1. Convert Other Format to MP4+
- 1.1 Convert MOV to MP4
- 1.2 Convert FLV to MP4
- 1.3 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 1.4 Convert AVCHD to MP4 on Mac
- 1.5 Convert WMV to MP4
- 1.6 Convert DVD to MP4
- 1.7 Convert URL to MP4
- 1.8 Convert OGG to MP4
- 1.9 Convert M4V to MP4
- 1.10 Convert VOB to MP4
- 1.11 Convert VHS to MP4
- 1.12 Convert MTS to MP4
- 1.13 Convert Video_TS to MP4
- 1.14 Convert Torrent to MP4
- 1.15 Convert SRT to MP4
- 1.16 Convert Windows Movie Maker to MP4
- 1.17 Convert AVI to MP4
- 1.18 Convert MKV to MP4
- 1.19 Convert MP3 to MP4
- 1.20 Convert MOV to MP4 Android
- 1.21 Convert WRF to MP4
- 1.22 Convert iTunes Movies to MP4
- 1.23 Convert WMA to MP4
- 1.24 Convert IFO to MP4
- 2. Convert MP4 to Other Format+
- 3. Other MP4 Tips+
Top Five MP4 Codecs You May Need
Generally speaking codec is a device (yes, hardware my friend!) or an application that compresses media files data and decompresses them so that your favorite videos or audios could be played in your chosen audio or video player (e.g. Windows Media Player, VLC media player, etc). If we Google the word codec, it is actually a compound word from compressor- de-compressor.
For instance, the codec is like a public post in a social network that only you and your friends can translate (decode) into English (but in this case, you also have created a web application so that people can encode their letters in the same language).
So returning to a functionality of a codec, when you insert a CD to your computer in order to listen the new album you just bought from a music store (in the case you still buy CDs in a store), the computer will need a Windows Media Audio codec to compress the song into a compact audio file and this audio file will be reproduced through your speakers by decompressing it.
In this article we will suggest you top five MP4 Codecs, you may need whether you use Windows or Mac.
- Part 1. Top 3 MP4 Codecs for Windows
- Part 2. Top 2 MP4 Codecs for Mac
- Part 3. Download MP4 Free with Wondershare UniConverter
One of the most famous codecs found on Internet is “Media Player Codec Pack“developed by Cole Williams.
Key features :
- Easy to install: with the highly-known installation process, next, next, next if you select Easy Installation option.
- Many compression types that you will be able to play such as MP4 | MPEG4 | MPEG2 | x265 | h.265 | HEVC | 10bit x264 | x264 | h.264 | avchd | AVC | DivX | XviD and many more .
- Types of files that you will be able to play include: .mp4 | .m4v | .m4a | .mkv | .avi | .flv | .webm | .ts | .ogm | ac3 | .dts | .alac | .flac | .ape | .aac | .ogg | .ofr | .mpc | .3gp and many more .
2. VLC Media Player
If the VLC Media Player Codec Pack is the most famous Codec pack on internet, VLC is the preferred alternative media player to all Windows users because it’s so simple to use. It is developed by VideoLAN.
- Supports almost every codec to reproduce all kind of media files.
- Low-memory used for this media player.
- Worry free: you won’t ever need to worry about any codec anymore because its community maintains it up to date and it’s one of the most popular media players on internet.
- It plays MP4, HD and BluRay as well.
Download URL : http://www.videolan.org/
Now we enter the prairies of the unknown, proceed with caution.
There’s a project called CCCP ( C ombined Community Codec Pack ) that name themselves as a filter pack rather than a codec pack, they took a start by providing a single video playback to specific groups that shares media files in internet (such as anime or movie fansub groups). The project is endorsed by Matroska and maintained by the community.
There’s this joke on CCCP project that they’re a pun over the Russian name for Cоюз Советских Социалистических Республик, which their capitals are "СССР”. That’s why they have the Flag of the Soviet Union as a pun on their logo.
Key features :
- Wide community that maintain their codecs up to date and is used by a lot of groups already on internet.
- Easy to use: they promise you that you won’t need any additional work on its options to work properly on your computer.
Now it’s time for Mac users all around the globe. Here are the top 2 MP4 codecs for Mac that we suggest.
MPlayerX is an option for all of the apple lovers. This software integrates beauty and style, making it a perfect choice if you want to sit and watch one of your favorite movies or series episodes.
- Memory: it remembers where you left your video and resumes if you want to open it again.
- Multiple screens at full sized : one thing is not that common to find among media players is the ability that MPlayerX has: multiple screens at full sized.
- Auto Subtitle Method : the player will understand what kind of method to decompress your subtitle files so you won’t need any further configuration or even to navigate through options or menus.
- Auto Next Chapter : as long as your files are in a typical order, MPlayerX will select next chapter of your favorite series and play it for you.
Download URL: http://mplayerx.org/
DIVX is codec software for Mac and Windows users, widely known due to its good network marketing as well as for all their efforts to plug-in on our favorite browsers. In fact, there are some web pages that use DIVX in order to stream or reproduce video files that will require you to download DIVX as your codec in your device.
- DivX, MKV and HEVC up to 4K support.
- DivX also supports a variety of devices, in fact you can register your own in the following link: http://www.divx.com/en/dwam
The only constraint we have about DivX is that the installation is intrusive and it may not ask you about extra components that it will try to install, if you only click next, next, next, you’ll have some extra software you may need to be so careful when you install it.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video Converter for Windows / Mac (Catalina Included)
- Convert to 1000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor and screen recorder
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360 or PS3
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6