Convert MP4 to Other Format
- 1. Convert MP4 on Windows+
- 1.1 MP4 to WMV Converters
- 1.2 Free MP4 to MP3 Converters
- 1.3 Free MP4 to AVI Converters
- 1.4 Convert MP4 to YouTube
- 1.5 Convert MP4 to Xvid
- 1.6 Convert MP4 to Windows Movie Maker
- 1.7 Convert MP4 to WEBM
- 1.8 Convert MP4 to WAV
- 1.9 Convert MP4 to VOB
- 1.10 Convert MP4 to SWF
- 1.11 Convert MP4 to MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2
- 1.12 Convert MP4 to MOV
- 1.13 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 1.14 Convert MP4 to M4V
- 1.15 Convert MP4 to H.264
- 2. Convert MP4 to Other on Windows+
- 2.1 Convert MP4 to ISO
- 2.2 Convert MP4 to iPod
- 2.3 Convert MP4 to iPhone
- 2.4 Convert MP4 to iPad
- 2.5 Convert MP4 to iDVD
- 2.6 Convert MP4 to FLV
- 2.7 Burn MP4 to DVD
- 2.8 Top 15 MP4 to DVD Burners
- 2.9 Convert MP4 to DV
- 2.10 Convert MP4 to Divx
- 2.11 Convert MP4 to AVI
- 2.12 Convert MP4 to Adobe Premiere
- 2.13 Convert MP4 to 3GP
- 2.14 Convert MP4 to HTML5
- 2.15 Convert MP4 to MPG
- 2.16 Convert MP4 to OGV
- 2.17 Convert MP4 to PS3
- 2.18 Convert MP4 to iTunes
- 3. Convert MP4 to Other on Mac+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to WMV on Mac
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to WEBM on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to SWF on Mac
- 3.4 Convert MP4 to OGV on Mac
- 3.5 Convert MP4 to OGG on Mac
- 3.6 Convert MP4 to MP3 on Mac
- 3.7 Convert MP4 to MOV on Mac
- 3.8 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.9 Convert MP4 to M4V on Mac
- 3.10 Convert MP4 to DVD on Mac
- 3.11 Convert MP4 to Divx on Mac
- 3.12 Convert MP4 to AVI on Mac
- 4. Convert MP4 to Other Online+
- 4.1 Convert MP4 to SWF Online
- 4.2 Convert MP4 to OGV Online
- 4.3 Convert MP4 to OGG Online
- 4.4 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 4.5 Convert MP4 to M4V Online
- 4.6 Convert MP4 to Divx Online
- 4.7 Convert MP4 to 3GP Online
- 4.8 MP4 to WMA Converters Online
- 4.9 MP4 to WEBM Converter Online
- 4.10 MP4 to WAV Converters Online
- 4.11 MP4 to MPG Converters Online
- 4.12 MP4 to MOV Converters Online
- 4.13 MP4 to FLV Converters Online
- 4.14 MP4 to AVI Converters Online
- 4.15 MP4 to MP3 Converters Online
MP4, as we all are well aware, is one of the most commonly used multimedia formats that are compatible with almost all players and devices. MP4 is also used for sharing content over the Internet. But if you want to embed your videos on the HTML5 page, WebM will prove to be a better option than MP4 format. WebM is an open-source format that allows streaming good quality videos in a webpage that uses HTML5 video tag. WebM and MP4 both are the major formats of HTML5 video, the need to convert MP4 to WebM arises due to following listed reasons:
- WebM has a better compression ratio as compared to MP4. An HD video downloaded from YouTube will be 47% smaller in size as compared to MP4 file.
- WebM is an open source and royalty free format while MP4 is non-free and is also patented.
- Moreover WebM has high bandwidth and is also supported by a number of browsers.
- Videos in WebM format can be played directly without any need for plug-ins.
So if you want to access and embed your MP4 videos on the HTML5 page, converting from MP4 to WebM makes sense. For your queries on how to convert WebM to mp4, read below.
- Part 1. Best WebM Converters on Mac to Convert MP4 to WebM
- Part 2. Free WebM Converter to Convert MP4 to WebM for Mac Online
- Part 3. The Differences Between WebM and MP4
There is no dearth of file converters in the market, but if want to enjoy lossless quality conversion at a super fast speed on your Mac, then Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac) proves to be the best choice. This WebM converter Mac ensures that all your conversion needs are taken care in the best possible manner. The software supports more than 1000 formats for conversion.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Best WebM Converter for Windows / Mac (Mojave Included)
- Convert MP4 to WebM at 30X faster speed than its competitors.
- Allows batch conversion of MP4 to WebM format.
- Allows downloading videos from more than 10,000 sites in MP4 format and then convert them to WebM and other formats.
- User-friendly and simple interface to convert MP4 to WebM format.
- Support customizing your videos using in-program editing tools like cropping, trimming, adding subtitles, and others.
- Support transferring media files to a number of devices.
- Burn video to DVD disk to play with your DVD player.
- Optimized conversion presets for iDVD, iMovie, Final Cut Pro.
- Supported OS: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8, and Windows 10 (32 bit & 64 bit), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Steps to Convert MP4 to WebM on Mac using Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac):
Step 1 Run Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac) and load MP4 file(s).
Open Wondershare WebM converter on your Mac. From the main software interface, you will enter the Convert tab by default. Click +Add Files to browse and add MP4 file(s) from the system.
Step 2 Select WebM as output format.
Click the drop-down menu next to Convert all tasks to:, and select WebM format and needed quality from the Video tab.
Step 3 Start converting MP4 to WebM.
Click Convert All to start converting WebM to MP4 on Mac. At the Output tab, select the location on your Mac where you want to save the converted WebM file.
Looking for ways on how to convert mp4 to WebM on Mac without spending on paid software? Online converter is your answer. There are a good number of online converters available which allows free conversion from MP4 to WebM in addition to other formats. One such popular converter is Online Convert. The program allows adding local Mac files, its URL or MP4 files from Dropbox as well as Google Drive. With optional settings options, screen size, video bitrate, audio codec, frame rate and other file parameters can be changed. The converted file can be downloaded from the link at the program interface.
Steps to convert MP4 to WebM using Online Convert:
Step 1: Open https://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-webm on your Mac browser.
Step 2: Click “Choose File” and add the desired file from system, link or cloud storage.
Step 3: Edit and customize video through Option settings tab.
Step 4: Click “Convert file” to start the conversion process.
Comparison between Online converter and UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
The table below shows comparison between Online Converter and UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) so that you can pick the one that best suit your requirements.
|Features/Program||UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)||Online Convert|
|Supported input formats||More than 1000 formats||Popular formats|
|Conversion speed||Super fast (30X faster)||Average|
|Convert MP4 files to WebM in batch||Yes||No|
|File editing features||Support wide range of editing tools like cropping, trimming, adding subtitles, and others||Support basic editing like frame rate, bit rate, and size|
The technological advancement definitely offers something new and interesting, but also confuses with a wide array of options. Same holds true when it comes to file formats. MP4 and WebM, being two popular formats, it is important to know the differences between the two so that you know which format to use in different situations. The table below shows differences between MP4 and WebM.
|Developer||Moving Pictures Expert Group (MPEG)|
|Introduction||It is a container format that consists of videos, audio, images, subtitles, and chapter in a single file. The format is used for streaming content over the net.||The format is designed for Web and supports HTML5. The file format consists of video streams that are compressed using VP8 or VP9 video codec along with Vorbis or Opus audio codecs. The structure of the file is based on Matroska container.|
|Portable Device supported||Almost all types of portable devices including Apple, Sony, Microsoft, and Android||At times, mobile devices are not supported by the format|
|Programs Associated||Apple iTunes, Microsoft windows Media player, Apple Quick Time player, VideoLAN, VLC Media player||VLC Media Player, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox|
|MIME Type||Audio/mpeg||Video/webm and audio/webm|
|Codecs Supported||VAVC MPEG-4 and H.264 video codecs||Vorbis/Opus audio codecs, AVC MPEG-4, and WebVTT text tracks|
Easy to upload on websites and move and copy files
||Best for internet streaming|
So whenever you get stuck in situation when you do not know how to convert MP4 to WebM on Mac, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) Mac is there for you.