MP4 Tips & Tricks
- 1. Edit MP4+
- 2. Play MP4 on Different Devices +
- 3. Best MP4 Converters/Editors +
- 3.1 Best YouTube MP4 Converter
- 3.2 MP4 Converter without Watermark
- 3.3 Online MP4 Converter
- 3.4 Best MP4 Converter for Mac
- 3.5 Free MP4 Converters for Windows
- 3.6 Full Guide for MP4 Converters
- 3.7 YouTube to MP4 Converters for iPhone
- 3.8 2D to 3D MP4 Converter
- 3.9 MP4 Cutters
- 3.10 MP4 Trimmers
- 3.11 MP4 Encoders
- 3.12 Top GIF to MP4 Converters
- 3.13 Best MP4 to GIF Converters
- 3.14 Best JPG to MP4 Converters
- 4. Other MP4 Tips +
Why can't I watch MP4 files on my TVs?
Since you're here, you may want to stream some MPEG-4 and MP4 videos from your PC to the TV (Samsung TV included). If you haven't try this before and don't know how to do it, this article will share 4 practical ways to play MP4 on TV or watch other formats video such as AVI/MP4/DivX. You can select one from the following 4 selections based on your device and 1 additional purchasing hardware.
- Part 1. 4 Methods to Play/Watch MP4 on TV (Samsung TV Included)
- Part 2. The Most Effective Video Converters for Playing MP4 on TV (Samsung TV Included)
Please follow any one of the 4 methods below to stream your MP4 from PC to TV. After your PC and TV have connected, please turn on your computer and use a remote to do the correct settings. Then please turn on your computer. The display from your computer should be automatically displayed on the television screen. Then you can watch your video on TV now.
# Method 1: Stream MP4 to TV
If you have a Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, Xbox or PS3, you have different options to stream your MP4 files to TV accordingly. Different streaming devices may have different ways to stream your local files from PC to TV. For example, for Chromecast, you need to use the Chrome browser as well as the Chromecast extension to stream MP4. But a surefire way is to use Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate), which enables you to stream MP4 files within simple clicks regardless of the streaming device you have.
Briefly speaking, you just need to
- Launch Wondershare UniConverter to open Wondershare Media server.
- Connect the streaming device to PC and make sure they're connected to the same network.
- Load your target MP4 to the program.
- Play the MP4 video and steam it to TV simultaneously.
Step 1 Launch Wondershare to Cast MP4 to TV
Download Wondershare UniConverter via the download above, make sure you're downloading the right version based on your computer.
Then launch the program and click Toolbox in the top, then choose Cast to TV as the screenshot shows.
Step 2 Import MP4/MKV/WMV/AVI Videos
You'll get a separate window of Wondershare Media Server, then click Disk scan or Import button to add your desired MP4 video to the program.
Note: If you want to stream your video from Chromecast, Xbox 360, Apple TV, PS3, Roku or other DLNA certified devices to TV, you need to connect them to PC and select the device name from the device list.
Step 3 Stream MP4 Videos on TV
Move your mouse over the just imported MP4 video and click Wi-Fi like icon to play MP4 video with the built-in video player.
You'll find the MP4 video immediately streamed to TV as follows.
Video Tutorial: How to Stream MP4 to TV Easily with Wondershare UniConverter
# Method 2: MP4 to TV via audio-visual (AV) cables
There are 4 different types of cable connection; the HDMI, DVI, VGA and S-Video. Usually there are outputs on your computer and inputs on your TV. You have to check the ports on both of your computer and TV before attaching or hooking up your PC to the TV with the cables. For the detailed information, please click here.
# Method 3: Play MP4 Wireless
Apart from attaching the cables, you can also try the wireless connection. You can try the Wi-Fi to connect your PC to the TV without the cables. In this case, you may need a wireless PC to TV conversion box. It supplies Wi-Fi connection to any computer at home. This box will transmit contents from the Internet to your PC. You can purchase a Wireless PC to TV conversion box online. For the detailed information, please click here.
# Method 4: Display MP4 via a USB on TV
You may find a USB port at the back of your TV. Just stick the USB into it, and then you can play USB MP4 on TV. For the detailed information, please click here.
If you choose the first three solutions above, sometimes you may find the videos not playable or unrecognized by your TV after the connection. That's may be because the codecs inside the MP4 files are not supported by the TV. That's where a video converter comes in. Wondershare UniConverter is recommended, which is just the program mentioned in method 4 above. It can easily convert videos to your TV supported format. Also you can simply burn MP4 to DVD, and then play it with your DVD player on TV.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Optimized presets for converting MP4 to different devices, like TVs, Game, Samsung, Apple, HTC, etc.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Directly burn MP4 to DVD to watch on a big screen in high quality and with many DVD menu templates.
- Personalize video with classic editing features, like trimming, cropping, adding subtitle, etc.
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Why Choose Wondershare UniConverter (Windows/Mac)
1. Any Format Support
Looking for a tool that can convert any video? You are right here. With a friendly and intuitive user interface, this video converter for TV can convert a wide range of video formats to TV at 30X faster conversion speed than any common video conversion tool.
2. Convert MP4 to TV
You can use the built-in presets for TV to convert MP4 directly to TV regardless of the complicated parameter of different TV models.
TV Presets available: Samsung TV, LG TV, SONY TV, Panasonic TV.
3. Incredible Conversion Speed
You can finish converting a movie or a TV show in large size in just few minutes, making you watch your favorite movie instantly.
4. Play Burned MP4 on TV
You can burn your MP4 video to DVD and then play it on TV with your DVD player. Even you can enhance your video by editing, adding metadata to help you make a masterpiece.
# Converter 2: Online Free Video Converter
If you want to do it more easily, you can use this free online video converter Online UniConverter (originally Media.io). Try it now.
Play MP4 on Xbox 360: If you have trouble in playing MP4 on Xbox 360, you'll get to know why and an easy solution here.
Split MP4 Files: Split a large MP4 file into several clips easily or extract selected segments of your MP4 file to new files without re-encoding.