MP4 Tips & Tricks
- 1. Edit MP4+
- 2. Play MP4 on Different Devices +
- 3. Best MP4 Converters/Editors +
- 3.1 Best YouTube MP4 Converter
- 3.2 MP4 Converter without Watermark
- 3.3 Online MP4 Converter
- 3.4 Best MP4 Converter for Mac
- 3.5 Free MP4 Converters for Windows
- 3.6 Full Guide for MP4 Converters
- 3.7 YouTube to MP4 Converters for iPhone
- 3.8 2D to 3D MP4 Converter
- 3.9 MP4 Cutters
- 3.10 MP4 Trimmers
- 3.11 MP4 Encoders
- 3.12 Top GIF to MP4 Converters
- 3.13 Best MP4 to GIF Converters
- 3.14 Best JPG to MP4 Converters
- 4. Other MP4 Tips +
There are tens of thousands of issues that the users face in relation to the MP4 files and for the same reason it is important to know that each issue in interrelated with the other and hence almost the same solution can be applied in most of the cases. This tutorial has been written to make sure that the user facing the issues in playing MP4 files on media player are not only pacified but also the issue is also solved. You can make use of this tutorial and get the issue solved now.
- Part 1. Windows Media Player Does Not Play MP4 Videos Correctly
- Part 2. How to Convert MP4 Videos for Windows Media Player
- Part 3. Install MP4 Codecs from Microsoft.com
- Part 4. The Comparison Table
There are number of issues that could lead to this problem. From hardware to software even if a single minor program is not up to the mark, it will create issues. Therefore, it's necessary to make sure that the root cause is analyzed and the issue is fixed as soon as possible. The most faced issue is the fact that the codec packs are not installed or the ones installed by default are not being updated and these outlandish plug-ins and codes create issues for the user. This problem is never hard to identify as in the wake of advancement in science and technology it is very easy to make sure that the problems are resolved as soon as the required action is taken. Major sings and the issues that lead to MP4 malfunctioning are as follows:
- The MP4 files can't be played at all.
- The users are facing issue with audio.
- The issue of video/voice synchronization.
- All of above.
In order to make sure that the problem is resolved, it is important to note that a user should make sure that the issue is resolved by the fixtures that have been explained in this tutorial so that the ultimate goal of problem resolution is achieved in full.
The Versions of Windows Media Player Can't Support Playing MP4 files:
Following is the list that the versions of Windows Media Player can't support MP4 video formats.
- Windows Media Player 11
- Windows Media Player 10.0 / 14 Feb 2008
- Windows Media Player 9.0 / 18 Jul 2008
- Windows Media Player for Windows XP/ 14 Feb 2008
- Windows Media Player 7.0 / 14 Feb 2008
Only the version of Windows Media Player 12 can play MP4 files smoothly. You can learn more details about Windows Media Player supported formtats here >
If you're using an older version lower than Windows Media Player 12, you can convert MP4 to WMV which is well compatible with any version of Windows Media Player, so that you can play the MP4 videos smoothly.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, like WMV, AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert multiple MP4 videos to WMV in batch.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- APEXTRANS technology guarantees 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos, including trimming, merging, cropping, rotating videos, adding subtitles, etc.
- Burn videos to playable DVD or Blu-ray disc with attractive free DVD templates.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps on How to Convert MP4 to WMV for Windows Media Player:
Step 1 Launch Wondershare WMV converter and load MP4 files from your computer.
Download, install and launch Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) on your computer. Then, you need to add the desired MP4 files to the converter by either simply drag and drop or clicking Add Files to browse and load the files. Multiple MP4 files can also be added in batch.
Step 2 Select WMV as the output format.
Select WMV from the output section by clicking the drop-down list beside Convert all files to: > Video > WMV > the resolution.
Note: You can edit the video by clicking one of the editing icons under the video thumbnail before the MP4 to WMV conversion.
Step 3 Start converting MP4 to WMV for Windows Media Player.
Click the Convert All button to initiate the MP4 to WMV conversion. It will take seconds to get the desired WMV files. You can click the Output icon at the bottom of the main interface to find the final WMV files. Then, you can play the files on Windows Media Player without any hassle.
This is the second and a relatively tech savvy process that should be followed to make sure that the user gets the best result. It is also to be noted that the complete information about the installation is available at the URL https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/316992 whereas to download the codecs it is advised to paste the URL https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=507 during the process to make sure that the right direction is again taken. The complete process is as follows:
Step 1: The MP4 file that is giving the error is to be played using the media player so that the following error appears.
Step 2: It is also to be noted that the web help button is to be pressed to proceed further and to make sure that the process advances.
Step 3: WMplugins.com is the ink that is then to be followed.
Step 4: Within the search bar as it has been mentioned before as well the link i.e. the URL https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=507 is to be pasted to get the results:
Step 5: The download button is to be pressed and the prompts are to be followed to make sure that the codec is installed and the player should be restarted to make sure that the process ends in full and the file is played without any issue:
Name and Metrics
Easy to use
Does it work
|Wondershare Video Convertor Ultimate||Yes||All formats||Yes always|
|Microsoft codec installation||No||Only MP4||Sometimes|
Wondershare Video Convertor Ultimate is the program that has been recommended by the table that has been mentioned above and it is due to the following reasons:
From Android to iOS and from M2TS to MKV, Wondershare Video Convertor Ultimate supports over 1000+ formats to make sure that he user is never left in despair. It is for the same reason that almost any format that a user can think of has been integrated with the program to provide the best results.
Does it work?
It is the best program to make sure that the working is perfect and in line with the requirements of the users. It is also one of the programs which make sure that the user gets the state of the art and the best.