Convert MP4 to Other Format
- 1. Convert MP4 on Windows+
- 1.1 MP4 to WMV Converters
- 1.2 Free MP4 to MP3 Converters
- 1.3 Free MP4 to AVI Converters
- 1.4 Convert MP4 to YouTube
- 1.5 Convert MP4 to Xvid
- 1.6 Convert MP4 to Windows Movie Maker
- 1.7 Convert MP4 to WEBM
- 1.8 Convert MP4 to WAV
- 1.9 Convert MP4 to VOB
- 1.10 Convert MP4 to SWF
- 1.11 Convert MP4 to MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2
- 1.12 Convert MP4 to MOV
- 1.13 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 1.14 Convert MP4 to M4V
- 1.15 Convert MP4 to H.264
- 2. Convert MP4 to Other on Windows+
- 2.1 Convert MP4 to ISO
- 2.2 Convert MP4 to iPod
- 2.3 Convert MP4 to iPhone
- 2.4 Convert MP4 to iPad
- 2.5 Convert MP4 to iDVD
- 2.6 Convert MP4 to FLV
- 2.7 Burn MP4 to DVD
- 2.8 Top 15 MP4 to DVD Burners
- 2.9 Convert MP4 to DV
- 2.10 Convert MP4 to Divx
- 2.11 Convert MP4 to AVI
- 2.12 Convert MP4 to Adobe Premiere
- 2.13 Convert MP4 to 3GP
- 2.14 Convert MP4 to HTML5
- 2.15 Convert MP4 to MPG
- 2.16 Convert MP4 to OGV
- 2.17 Convert MP4 to PS3
- 2.18 Convert MP4 to iTunes
- 3. Convert MP4 to Other on Mac+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to WMV on Mac
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to WEBM on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to SWF on Mac
- 3.4 Convert MP4 to OGV on Mac
- 3.5 Convert MP4 to OGG on Mac
- 3.6 Convert MP4 to MP3 on Mac
- 3.7 Convert MP4 to MOV on Mac
- 3.8 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.9 Convert MP4 to M4V on Mac
- 3.10 Convert MP4 to DVD on Mac
- 3.11 Convert MP4 to Divx on Mac
- 3.12 Convert MP4 to AVI on Mac
- 4. Convert MP4 to Other Online+
- 4.1 Convert MP4 to SWF Online
- 4.2 Convert MP4 to OGV Online
- 4.3 Convert MP4 to OGG Online
- 4.4 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 4.5 Convert MP4 to M4V Online
- 4.6 Convert MP4 to Divx Online
- 4.7 Convert MP4 to 3GP Online
- 4.8 MP4 to WMA Converters Online
- 4.9 MP4 to WEBM Converter Online
- 4.10 MP4 to WAV Converters Online
- 4.11 MP4 to MPG Converters Online
- 4.12 MP4 to MOV Converters Online
- 4.13 MP4 to FLV Converters Online
- 4.14 MP4 to AVI Converters Online
- 4.15 MP4 to MP3 Converters Online
The PlayStation 3 (PS3) is a home video game console, which is invented by Sony Computer Entertainment. It is the successor to PlayStation 2, as part of the PlayStation series. First time it was released on November 11, 2006, in Japan. PS3 is much more than a simple gaming console. Among of all other things, the PS3 enables you to watch movies and videos in different file formats. As PS3 design for video games containing high performance graphic hardware which allows you to play your video files including 3D videos. You just need a 3D supported TV and glasses.
- Part 1. Does PS3 Play MP4?
- Part 2. Why Cannot My PS3 Play MP4?
- Part 3. Convert MP4 to PS3 Video on Windows and Mac by Using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate
- Part 4. How to Stream MP4 Video on PS3?
The answer of this question is yes and no, it depends on the MP4 detailed format. We have tried to choose the most authentic reason for not supporting MP4 files on PS3. According to play station support website, PS3 is only supporting that MP4 files which are fixed with H.264/MPEG-4 AVC high profile (AAC LC). While on the other hand, MP4 is that container video design which is containing audio codec or a variety of videos. If the MP4 video is not programmed with PS3 attuned codec, then it is the case we will fall short to stream MP4 to PS3 or we will not be able to play MP4 files on PS3 even if MP4 is effectively shifted to PS3.
PS3 officially supports MP4 file, but still we can see many case where user cannot play their MP4 file.
Here are some common questions asked by different users:
Q1: Does PS3 play some MP4 video files?
Q2: Why I haven't been able to get my PS3 recognize or play any video files from an external source?
Q3: What kind of video does the PS3 support? I'm getting quite frustrated.
The answers to all these questions are:
PS3 can play MP4 video files but they have strict requirement for this kind of format. The video should encode with codec of MPEG-4 AVC H.264 /Xvid/DivX and audio codec of AAC.
As we know, there are still some other MP4 videos codec which can be used in encoding video, such files are unsupported by PS3 like MPEG-4 ASP.
The extension of the both files would be the same like” .MP4” but both encoded with different methods.
So as by default PS3 play MP4 files but only with the codec MPEG-4 AVC H.264 /Xvid/DivX and audio codec of AAC. Other MP4 video files are unsupported like MPEG-4 ASP.
So in simple words, we can say that, PS3 might play .MP4 (supported codec), or might not (unsupported codec) play an MP4 file.
If you are stuck with unsupported “.MP4” files (like MPEG-4 ASP encoded) playing with your PS3. The best solution is that you should convert your existing file into PS3 proper MP4 files.
There are various software packages for converting videos. But hare we use Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is really fast and easy to use for convert your videos. It’s also include various pre-define format setting for Games, web, mobile and portable devices which assist you convert directly your requited video instead of using manual setting for a specific device like PS3, PS4, Xbox or PSP. Each device and platform have its own specific codec, which is difficult to remember.
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate - Best Video Converter for Windows / Mac (Mojave Included)
- Directly convert MP4 to MP3, AVI, MKV, MOV and other 1000+ formats.
- Burn videos to DVD disk to play with your DVD player with free DVD menu templates.
- Convert MP4 to PS3, PS4 and other device supported formats with 30X faster speed compared with other common converters.
- Edit videos with the advanced video editing functions like trimming, cropping, adding watermark, subtitles, etc.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Supported OS: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8, and Windows 10 (32 bit & 64 bit), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Steps on How to Convert MP4 to PS3:
In the following section, you can see how to convert unsupported MP4 into PS3 MP4 format in a few clicks by using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. Following steps help to show you how to convert your videos.
Step 1 Adding MP4 files to the MP4 to PS3 converter.
Download, install and launch Wondershare MP4 to PS3 converter on your computer. Then, find your MP4 files on your computer, and drag and drop the MP4 files to the main interface of the converter. Or you can click Add Files to browse and import the MP4 files you want to play on PS3.
Step 2 Set PS3 supported foramt as the output format.
Click the drop-down icon beside Convert all files to:, select Device > Games >PS3. Also, you can build a customized output format by clicking Create Custom to set special encoder, framerate, bitrate, etc. Besides, you can edit the video by clicking one of the editing icons under the video thumbnail.
Step 3 Convert MP4 to PS3 supported format.
After selecting your output format, now just click on Convert All button. By clicking the Output icon, you will find the output files which can be compatible with PS3 console. You can simple transfer them to the PS3 console by USB directly, learn more how to transfer videos to MP3 >.
It is hard to convert your media files to play on PS3. Because it needs a lot of storage media and time required for a huge amount of video data. So it’s better if we keep file in PC and stream it through wireless router in PS3. DLNA / UPnP is becoming smart to play your media through your PC into any stream supported device.
So if you have huge amount of video data, you can watch on big TV screen with your PS3 from your PC using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate turns your PC into a Media Server.
Steps on How to stream your videos on PS3:
Step 1 Connect PC and PS3 on the same network.
Before we go for further details there is one important thing that you should make sure that your PS3 and PC are located in the same network, so that Wondershare Video Converter can automatically detect your PS3 device.
Step 2 Launch Wondershare Media Server.
Go to Toolbox at the top, then choose Cast to TV under Media Tools category.
Step 3 Add your MP4 files to Media Server.
It automatically scans the Movie from your PC library by default. You can switch to TV Show, Home Video, Music or Computer category and click Disk Scan to manually search local videos from your disk. Or you can click the Import button to add MP4 files on your computer.
Step 4 Start streaming MP4 files to PS3.
As your computer and PS3 are on the same network, you can click the Wi-Fi icon which will make the PC connect to the PS3 and play the video on PS3 and your computer simutaneously.
Watch Video Tutorial to Stream Video to TV