- 1. Convert M4V to Other Format+
- 1.1 Convert M4V to MP4 on Mac
- 1.2 Convert M4V to MP3
- 1.3 Convert M4V to MOV
- 1.4 Convert M4V to DVD On Mac/Windows
- 1.5 Convert M4V to AVI for Mac/Windows
- 1.6 Convert M4V to MPG
- 1.7 Convert M4V to WMV
- 1.8 Convert M4V Files on Windows/Mac
- 1.9 Convert M4V to iPhone
- 1.10 Convert M4V to MKV
- 1.11 Convert M4V to WAV
- 1.12 Convert M4V to GIF
- 1.13 Convert M4V to iTunes
- 2. Convert Other Format to M4V +
- 3. Tips & Tricks+
- 3.1 Import M4V to iMovie
- 3.2 Add Metadata to Your M4V
- 3.3 Converters for M4V to MP4 Conversion
- 3.4 Tips for Playing M4V Videos
- 3.5 Free M4V Player to Play M4V Files
- 3.6 M4V Player for Android
- 3.7 Play M4V on Windows
- 3.8 Play M4V on PS3
- 3.9 M4V Converter for Mac
- 3.10 Top 5 M4V Compressors
- 3.11 Top M4V Converters for iTunes
- 3.12 Convert M4V to MP4 Handbrake
- 3.13 Top 4 M4V Editors
- 3.14 Convert M4P to MP3 Online
- 3.15 Convert M4P to M4A
- 3.16 Convert M4P to WAV
- 3.17 TOP M4P Player
- 3.18 TOP M4P Converters
- 3.19 YouTube to iTunes
Top 4 M4V Editors: How to Edit M4V Files on Windows/Mac Easily
To cut the unwanted parts of M4V videos, crop the borders, add special effects, and customize it for creating a personal video, you require a robust and feature-packed M4V editor. A professional video editing tool will help you edit M4V files quickly and intuitively, in this article, you can learn the best converter and editor for iTunes M4V files, and the free methods to edit DRM Free M4V files using iMovie or Windows Movie Maker.
Part 1. Best iTunes M4V Editor for Windows/Mac
If you are looking for trustworthy professional software that facilitates M4V editing in high quality, then Wondershare UniConverter is the software to install. With a simple interface and quick process, the program is best suited for amateurs and professionals alike. Using Wondershare UniConverter, iTunes M4V, as well as other video files, can be added from the system or directly from the device to the interface. File editing is supported through a number of features like trim, crop, cut, add special effects, rotate, merge, add watermark, and others. You can edit the iTunes M4V videos with real-time preview and transfer to any device for easy playback.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best iTunes M4V Editor and Converter
- Edit iTunes M4V files easily with trimming, cropping, cutting, adding subtitles, applying effects, etc.
- Convert M4V to 1000+ video and audio formats, including MP4, MOV, WMV, MKV, AVI, FLV, and more others.
- 30X faster-converting speed than other common video converters.
- Customize video parameters by changing video resolution, encoder, bitrate, and others.
- Burn M4V to DVD with built-in menu templates, creating a professional DVD.
- Compress video size smaller without losing any quality.
- Download/record online videos from over 10,000 sites like YouTube.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, video compressor and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
How to Edit iTunes M4V on Mac using Wondershare UniConverter
The following steps are based on the Mac version. If you're Windows users, follow similarly as both of them are almost the same. Free download and install Wondershare UniConverter on your PC/Mac first.
Step 1 Add M4V videos to Wondershare M4V Editor Mac
Launch Wondershare UniConverter and select the Video Converter section, then click on the +Add Files icon to browse and load M4V videos to be edited.
Step 2 Trim M4V video
On the program interface, the added video appears with a thumbnail image. The editing icons for Trim, Crop, and Effect are present under the thumbnail image.
Click on the Trim icon, and a new pop-up window will appear. Now to remove the unwanted parts of the video, move the slider of the video and choose the parts that are not needed. Alternatively, you can also use the timer to select the video portion to be trimmed. Next, click on the Cut button and then hit on the Delete to remove the selected portion of the video.
To create multiple parts of the video, you can cut them into different segments, and these segments will appear as individual videos on the software interface. Once all settings are done, hit on the OK button.
Step 3 Choose the output format
Open the drop-down options at the Setting tab, and from the pop-up window, choose the desired output format from the Video or Device list. Also, select the file resolution.
Step 4 Merge all M4V videos and convert
All the created segments and added videos will appear on the software interface. You can merge all these files into a single video by dragging the toggle at the Merge All Files to the right-hand side. At the File Location tab, select the Mac location to save the processed file. Finally, click on the Convert button to join M4V files and start the process. On the interface, the edited files can be checked from the Finished tab.
Part 2. Other M4V Editor Tools You Should Know
A number of other tools to edit m4v files windows and Mac are available. Some of the commonly used programs are listed below.
1. Online UniConverter (originally Media.io) - Online M4V Editor
This is a free M4V editor that works as a browser-based software without any requirement for download or installation. The tool allows adding only the DRM-free M4V videos to its interface that can be edited in a number of manners. You can trim, crop, adjust, rotate, and flip the video simply. The program also allows works as a decent Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other devices m4V editor free tool. Option to convert the edited videos to a few popular video formats is also there.
2. iMovie - M4V Editor for Mac
Another decent tool to edit M4V videos on your Mac is iMovie. Developed by Apple, iMovie is the flagship program that facilitates creating and editing videos on your Mac device. You can edit M4V in iMovie, using a number of useful features like cut, adding a soundtrack, adding narration, adding special effects, and others. Animated titles and filters are also available at the program to help you create professional-looking polished videos.
3. Windows Movie Maker - M4V Editor for Windows
To facilitate editing M4V videos in good quality on your Windows system, Windows Movie Maker is the apt program. Developed by Microsoft, Windows Movie Maker is a popularly used video editing program that comes as a part of the Windows Essential software Suite. You can edit m4v files in windows movie maker through a number of functions like crop, flip, rotate, adjust sound, trim, zoom, stabilize, and perform other functions using the program.