- 1. Convert M4V to Other Format+
- 1.1 Convert M4V to MP4 on Mac
- 1.2 Convert M4V to MP3
- 1.3 Convert M4V to MOV
- 1.4 Convert M4V to DVD On Mac/Windows
- 1.5 Convert M4V to AVI for Mac/Windows
- 1.6 Convert M4V to FLV
- 1.7 Convert M4V to MPG
- 1.8 Convert M4V to WMV
- 1.9 Convert M4V Files on Windows/Mac
- 1.10 Convert M4V to iPhone
- 1.11 Convert M4V to MKV
- 2. Convert Other Format to M4V +
- 3. Tips & Tricks+
- 3.1 Import M4V to iMovie
- 3.2 Add Metadata to Your M4V
- 3.3 Desktop vs Online M4V to AVI Converter
- 3.4 Tips for Playing M4V Videos
- 3.5 Free M4V Player to Play M4V Files
- 3.6 M4V Converter for Mac
- 3.7 Top 5 M4V Compressors
- 3.8 Top 5 Online M4V Converters
- 3.9 Top M4V Converters for iTunes
- 3.10 M4V to VOB Converter
- 3.11 Converters for M4V to MP4 Conversion
I created an M4V movie from a slideshow that I put together on iPhoto. I then burned it to a 4.7 GB DVD disc by simply right-clicking the file and entering "Burn (name of file) to disc." The problem is the DVD will not play on my television or DVD player. Is there any other useful way to burn a M4V movie to a DVD? -From Apple Forum
I have a lot of M4V files on my iTunes library, I want to enjoy them on DVD recorders and on TV. But how can I burn M4V to DVD disk on Mac? -From Yahoo Answers
It's undoubtedly enjoyable for people to enjoy iTunes videos on big screen TV via DVD player, although iPhone,iPad, etc. are increasingly used as mobile player. However, M4V videos purchased from iTunes are protected by Apple's FairPlay DRM copy protection and can't be directly streamed to non-Apple devices. In that case, you can consider remove the DRM protection and burn it to DVD afterwards via a piece of reliable third-party DVD maker software.
Here I highly recommend Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate, a sound DVD creator that helps to quickly and easily burn M4V to DVD on both Windows (Windows 10 supported) and Mac (Sierra supported) OS system. Aside from burning over 1000 video formats, like M4V, AVI, MPG, MP4, WMV, MOV, etc. to DVD at thunder-fast speed based on excellent quality, it also provides free built-in video editor, video transitions and free DVD menu templates to retouch your videos in one click.
- Convert M4V to over 1000 video and audio formats, including AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, MP3, WMA and more
- Burn and customize your M4V video to DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- Edit, add subtitles & apply effects to your video files
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox that combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter, screen recorder and DVD copy 6 powerful functions
- Supported OS: Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6, Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista
How to Convert M4V to DVD Quickly and Easily
Below are the detailed step-by-step tutorial for M4V to DVD conversion on Mac, just follow it to make your own DVD from M4V files at ease.
Step 1 Load M4V files to the program
Start Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate after the installation, and choose the Burn section at the top middle. Now you can click the Add Files button to add the M4V videos, those you want to burn into DVD, to the program. Or you can use the simple drag-and-drop way to import M4V videos.
Step 2 Edit the Videos before Burning
The built-in video editor of Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate also enables you to customize your videos by cropping, trimming, adding subtitle, applying effects, etc. All you need is to click the editing icon under the video thumbnail to get the editing window.
Step 3 Choose DVD menu and output type
Click the thumbnail of DVD template or the edit icon in the right of the program, and the program selects no menu by default.
You'll get a separate DVD Template window, where you can select your desired DVD menu style. Choose one that you like and click OK to proceed.
Note: you can also add your favorite background music or picture from you local computer.
Step 4 Burn M4V video to DVD (Mac OS Sierra included)
Then click the beside Burn video to: and select the output path. After that click the Burn button to start buring M4V videos to DVD.
Video Tutorial: How to Burn M4V Video to DVD on Windows
Tips: The available disc space is shown at the bottom. You can select the disc type between "DVD5 (4.5G)" and "DVD9 (8.5G)" and video quality as "High Quality", "Standard" or "Fit to disc".
2 Alternatives to Burn M4V to DVD (Optional)
M4V (MPEG4 Video) is very close to the popular MP4 format. In other words, aside from above mentioned way, you can change M4V to MP4 to be recognized and played by general MP4 players as an alternative. Here I'd like to introduce you freewares to remove the DRM protection of or convert M4V to MP4.
Requiem frees your iTunes videos, music and book from Apple's DRM. With it, you can play download iTunes video on non-Apple devices.
The free video converter allows you to select most video and audio formats for conversion online, but note that it's time-consuming for you to upload video or download converted video.