- 1. Convert M4V to Other Format+
- 1.1 Convert M4V to MP4 on Mac
- 1.2 Convert M4V to MP3
- 1.3 Convert M4V to MOV
- 1.4 Convert M4V to DVD On Mac/Windows
- 1.5 Convert M4V to AVI for Mac/Windows
- 1.6 Convert M4V to FLV
- 1.7 Convert M4V to MPG
- 1.8 Convert M4V to WMV
- 1.9 Convert M4V Files on Windows/Mac
- 1.10 Convert M4V to iPhone
- 1.11 Convert M4V to MKV
- 2. Convert Other Format to M4V +
- 3. Tips & Tricks+
- 3.1 Import M4V to iMovie
- 3.2 Add Metadata to Your M4V
- 3.3 Converters for M4V to MP4 Conversion
- 3.4 Tips for Playing M4V Videos
- 3.5 Free M4V Player to Play M4V Files
- 3.6 M4V Converter for Mac
- 3.7 Top 5 M4V Compressors
- 3.8 Top 5 Online M4V Converters
- 3.9 Top M4V Converters for iTunes
- 3.10 M4V to VOB Converter
Converting videos from one format to another one for the ultimate enjoyment shouldn't be a luxury, but a necessity. In this article, we'll cover converting M4V to MKV videos quickly and easily.
Generally, converting M4V to MKV, you can gain a better playing experience on PC, HDTV, or enjoy flexible playback on devices that support MKV other than M4V. If you don't understand any encoding or decoding techniques, converting videos can be a science work. Luckily, there're many video converters available on the market to cater for your needs. And here Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) (Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac)) is highly recommended due to its high quality, efficiency, and simplicity feature. With it, converting M4V videos to or from any format is just a piece of cake for you. Now let's walk through the detailed process, only 3 simple steps.
- Part 1. How to Convert M4V to MKV with Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
- Part 2. Extended Knowledge About M4V and MKV
Part 1. How to Convert M4V to MKV with Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
Free download the trial version of the M4V to MKV Video Converter:
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, MOV and more
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn and customize your DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Steps to Convert M4V to MKV with Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate):
Step 1 Load M4V files to the M4V to MKV video converter.
To import M4V files into the program, you can directly drag and drop them to the converter, or head to Convert tab and then select the Add Files button to add your M4V files. Batch conversion is supported so that you can import more than one media file into the program for converting.
Step 2 Choose MKV as the output format.
Go to the Target Output Format section and click the drop-down button, then a drop-down list will appear with tabs of Recently, Video, Audio and Devie. To simply select the MKV format, go to Video > MKV and select the specific resolution in the right.
Step 3 Start the M4V to MKV conversion.
To kick off conversion, just hit the Convert or Convert All button and let this video converter do the rest. It's highly efficient and the progress bar will show you the remaining time. After the conversion completes, you can enjoy the wide screen and sharp image in HDTV or your MKV players on the go.
Please watch the video tutorial to convert M4V to MKV:
M4V is a standard file format for the popular Apple iPod devices. When you buy or download the movies, TV shows or music videos from iTunes, you'll find that they always carry the .M4V file extension and protected by Apple's FairPlay Pocliy. At present, the bought M4V files can only support playback on iTunes and iOS device like iPod, iPhone, iPad with the authorization.
MKV, an open standard multimedia container format, can hold an unlimited number of audio, video, picture or subtitle tracks in one file. It's intended to act as a common format for storing common multimedia content, like movies or TV shows. Now you see it widely used in HD videos, and can be easily streamed over on the Internet due to its relatively small file size.
Free download below M4V to MKV converter