- 1. Convert M4V to Other Format+
- 1.1 Convert M4V to MP4 on Mac
- 1.2 Convert M4V to MP3
- 1.3 Convert M4V to MOV
- 1.4 Convert M4V to DVD On Mac/Windows
- 1.5 Convert M4V to AVI for Mac/Windows
- 1.6 Convert M4V to FLV
- 1.7 Convert M4V to MPG
- 1.8 Convert M4V to WMV
- 1.9 Convert M4V Files on Windows/Mac
- 1.10 Convert M4V to iPhone
- 1.11 Convert M4V to MKV
- 2. Convert Other Format to M4V +
- 3. Tips & Tricks+
- 3.1 Import M4V to iMovie
- 3.2 Add Metadata to Your M4V
- 3.3 Desktop vs Online M4V to AVI Converter
- 3.4 Tips for Playing M4V Videos
- 3.5 Free M4V Player to Play M4V Files
- 3.6 M4V Converter for Mac
- 3.7 Top 5 M4V Compressors
- 3.8 Top 5 Online M4V Converters
- 3.9 Top M4V Converters for iTunes
- 3.10 M4V to VOB Converter
- 3.11 Converters for M4V to MP4 Conversion
The problem with editing many large movie files is that it can be difficult to eventually produce them and publish them online. M4V file formats are excellent because they can produce an extremely high quality film, the problem however is that it makes it difficult to share the film, posted online or potentially even burn it to DVD with the size of these files.
In order to get a more compatible file type and to make the process of editing much more simple, it could be an ideal situation to potentially compress your M4V videos into a more manageable file type. Luckily, there are many different types of software where you can either convert the files or potentially change and compress the files into a different resolution format. By slightly changing the resolution on the files and compressing them, it will become much easier to enjoy the videos, edit and share them. Compressing the files may also not restrict the quality of the video when completed on the right type of software. If you are looking for the best software to compress M4V videos, you should strongly consider some of the following options:
The Best M4V Compressor
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate can perform not only compression on M4V videos but a whole host of other editing software functions. With the software, you can learn how to compress M4V on Mac as well as understand how to compress M4V on Windows too. The M4V compressor also provides DVD burner, video recorder, YouTube downloader, VR converter and more. With all of the extra features as well as a superior conversion/compression speed, the video compressor stands as one of the most favored programs available on this list.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Watch the Video Tutorial to Compress M4V Easily
Imeadia is an MP4 and M4V video compression software. Not only can you make videos much smaller utilizing this program but it's compatible for learning how to compress m4v on Windows and learning how to compress M4V on Mac. No matter what type of computer you are running you can use this software. The program also enables a multi-file support for converting and compressing several files at once. You can convert M4V into files which will be compatible with tablet devices, smart phones, gaming systems and more. There are some small editing functions available and the program also has relatively fast compression and conversion speeds.
Macx Video Converter Pro
Macx Video Converter Pro can compress videos for e-mail, YouTube and more. The engine that they have built boasts itself on being one of the fastest system for conversions online. Although the program is freeware, it does a relatively good job after it is installed. The video quality is untouched but does leave a small watermark in the bottom corner of the completed video. Through the use of a multi core system for conversions, this program can convert files quickly but with the unfortunate use of a watermark.
Free Video Compressor
This program which is available for Windows is capable of converting AVI, MPEG, M4V and more all of the properties for the conversion process can be saved into a single user profile so that you can continuously change over files with ease. Compression can be done a number of different sizes and you can select a ratio that matches the needs for your particular project. Although the interface on this program is relatively simple, it does a fairly good job that completing the conversion process. This is unfortunately one of the slowest programs tested on the list for the conversion process however.
Handbrake is a fully free to use audio compressor that has become a popular choice for many Windows users. The output settings can be adjusted quite easily and users can change over M4V files, WMV, MOV, MKV and more. This is a freeware style program and there are a few preset video compression/ conversion settings. Most of the compression settings in this program are relatively set and it can be difficult to get the same type of options from this software as you can with some of the other options on the list. It does offer bulk compression but this program also tends to be fairly slow to use.
Keep some of these top options in mind if you are interested in learning how to compress M4V videos.