- 1. Burn Video/Audio on Mac+
- 2. Other Converting Tips+
- 2.1 Convert PNG to JPG
- 2.2 TIFF to JPEG Mac
- 2.3 PPT to Video on Mac
- 2.4 Mac Media Player
- 2.5 iPad Video Converter Mac
- 2.6 Top 6 Media Converter Mac
- 2.7 Top 8 File Converters for Mac
- 2.8 10 Free Video Converter for Mac
- 2.9 Open SWF on Mac
- 2.1 Download VLC Mac
- 2.11 Change Default Video Player Mac
- 2.12 Toast Titanium Alternative for Mac
How to Convert AVI to MP4 Mac with Original Quality
There are a number of situations when you would need to convert AVI files to MP4 on your Mac system and for this, a good AVI to MP4 converter is needed. AVI is a widely used format as it keeps the files compressed while maintaining the quality but many times the format is not compatible with editing and other Mac programs. Moreover to play your AVI files on iPhone, iPad and other devices, converting it to a compatible format like MP4 is needed. The following part discusses in detail about the best ways to convert AVI to MP4 in original quality.
- Part 1. Best AVI to MP4 Converter for Lossless AVI to MP4 Mac Conversion
- Part 2. How to Convert AVI to MP4 Mac Using QuickTime
- Part 3. Free Online AVI to MP4 Converter for Mac
- Part 4. VCU vs. QuickTime vs. Online UniConverter
There are a number of tools available for converting AVI to MP4 but if you are looking for professional software that is fast, accurate, feature packed and offers lossless quality files then Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is the best choice. The Mac version of this complete video toolbox allows converting all types of files to iOS-compatible formats. Convert your AVI to MP4 and other formats without any hassles with the program. To enhance the overall visual effect of your videos and personalize it, there is a complete video editor available with features like trim, crop, watermark, and others. Conversion to predefined formats for specific devices like Apple, Android, Gaming Consoles, and others are also supported.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert AVI to MP4, MKV, MOV and other 1000+ video/audio formats
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor and screen recorder
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360 or PS3
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Steps to Convert AVI to MP4 on Mac Using Wondershare AVI to MP4 Converter Mac
Step 1 Launch AVI to MP4 converter and import AVI files
Download, install and open Wondershare UniConverter for Mac. On the main interface, select Convert tab and click + Add Files. Browse for the AVI files present on your Mac and add them.
If you need to add AVI files from camcorder or other external devices, connect the device and select Add from Device option. Multiple files can be added here.
Step 2 Choose MP4 as output format
Once files are added, they appear as a thumbnail with information on the interface. Open drop down menu beside Convert all tasks to: option at top right corner. From Video tab, select MP4 as output format and choose your desired resolution in the right.
Step 3 Convert AVI to MP4 on Mac
In the bottom of Output, select location on Mac where you want to save the converted file. Finally, click Convert or Convert All to start the process.
QuickTime is the default media player of the Mac that comes preinstalled on your system. In addition to playing videos, there are a number of other tasks as well that can be efficiently done by QuickTime and video conversion is one of them. So if you are in no mood to install any third party software on your Mac and want to convert your AVI files to MP4, QuickTime is a decent option. The process of video conversion using this method is quick, simple, and offers decent quality.
Steps to Convert AVI to MP4 on Mac Using QuickTime
Step 1: Launch QuickTime app on your Mac system.
Step 2: Click File > Open File… to browse and add AVI files from your system.
Step 3: Once files are added, click Export… option from File tab. Select Movie to MPEG-4 option from the Export panel.
Step 4: Next, click the Save button to proceed and start the AVI to the MP4 conversion process.
In addition to desktop software, there are a number of online converters available as well that facilitates converting AVI to MP4 and other file conversion and one such decent program is Online UniConverter (originally Media.io). You simply need to open this online tool from the browser of your Mac system and it needs no download, installation or registration. Online UniConverter allows adding only 2 files at a time for conversion. The program supports an array of video and audio files as output formats. Online UniConverter is compatible with working with Windows and Mac system.
Steps to Convert AVI to MP4 on Mac Using Online UniConverter
- Open https://www.media.io/ on your Mac browser. Click + Add your files to browse and add AVI videos from your system.
- At Convert tab, select MP4 from the Video list.
- Finally click Convert that will start the process of uploading and converting AVI files to MP4 format.
Once the conversion is completed, the converted file can be downloaded from the program interface itself.
A comparison table between the above listed AVI to MP4 converters is given below. The table will help you to make the best choice of the program depending on your requirements.
|Supported input and output formats||More than 1000 formats||Limited formats||Commonly used formats like MP4, MP4, WAV, MOV, and others|
|Conversion Speed||Super fast (30X faster)||Decent||Fast|
|Video Editing||Complete video toolbox with trim, crop, cut, watermark, and other features||Basic editing||No|
|Adding files from external devices directly||Yes||No||No|
|Video download||Yes, from more than 10,000 sites||No||No|
|Cost||$59.95 Lifetime/1 Mac with free trial version||Free||Free|