- 1. Burn Video/Audio on Mac+
- 2. Other Converting Tips+
- 2.1 Convert PNG to JPG
- 2.2 TIFF to JPEG Mac
- 2.3 PPT to Video on Mac
- 2.4 Mac Media Player
- 2.5 iPad Video Converter Mac
- 2.6 Top 6 Media Converter Mac
- 2.7 Top 8 File Converters for Mac
- 2.8 10 Free Video Converter for Mac
- 2.9 Open SWF on Mac
- 2.1 Download VLC Mac
- 2.11 Change Default Video Player Mac
- 2.12 Toast Titanium Alternative for Mac
Top 3 Effective Ways to Convert MP3 to WAV on Mac
MP3 and WAV are the two most commonly used audio formats, quality being the major difference between them. MP3 is a compressed format offers lossy quality, while WAV being uncompressed in nature has lossless quality. So for all the music lovers, who do not want to compromise on quality, WAV is a good choice. Whether you download a music file from the internet or get it from your friends, chances of these being in MP3 are high. So if you have a number of these MP3 audios, on your Mac, converting it to WAV will surely improve its quality. Check the article below to know about the best MP3 to WAV conversion tools.
- Part 1. How to Batch Convert MP3 to WAV Mac
- Part 2. How to Free Convert MP3 Song to WAV Format with iTunes
- Part 3. How to Convert MP3 to WAV Online
The best-recommended software that allows quality MP3 to WAV conversion at super fast speed is Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). The program is available for Mac and Windows system and works on all latest OS. To facilitate multiple conversions of MP3 files to WAV at a time, batch processing is also supported. In addition to MP3 files from Mac, you can also import them from an array of devices. UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) also allows downloading MP3 audio from YouTube in a click. More than 1000 formats are supported by the software for conversion including MP3 to WAV. There is also an option to select the output quality of the file. Additionally, the program supports video conversion, video editing, and DVD burning.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert MP3 to WAV, WMA, FLAC and other 1000+ audio/video formats
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360 or PS3
- Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Steps to convert MP3 to WAV using Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac)
Step 1 Launch Wondershare MP3 to WAV converter and load MP3 files
Open UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) software on your Mac. Select Convert tab and to add the MP3 files from your Mac, click + Add files. You can also drag and drop the files to the interface.
The program also allows downloading MP3 from YouTube through Download tab of the interface.
Step 2 Select WAV as output format
Added files appear as a thumbnail on the software interface. At top-right corner, click the arrow next to Convert all tasks to: to open a drop-down menu. Select WAV from the Audio tab and choose your desired output quality in the right.
Step 3 Convert MP3 to WAV
Select location on Mac to save the converted file at Download tab. Finally click Convert All to start the MP3 to WAV conversion process.
iTunes is the default media library management tool for iOS devices including Mac. The app also facilitates converting MP3 to WAV and other formats. iTunes method of conversion is direct, free to use and needs no third party software download.
Steps to convert MP3 to WAV on Mac using iTunes
Step 1: Open the iTunes app on your Mac system. From the top menu bar, select Edit > Preferences.
A pop-up General Preferences window will open from where select Import Settings options from the General tab.
Step 2: A new pop-up window will open. Open drop-down at Import Using: tab and select WAV Encoder. Click OK to confirm.
Step 3: Once all settings are done, go to iTunes library and select MP3 files that you want to convert. Click File > Convert > Create WAV Version.
A new WAV file with the same name will be created just beneath the original MP3 version. You can right-click the file and check its version.
Besides professional desktop software and iTunes, an online converter is also a good way to get your MP3 files converted to WAV in decent quality. Online UniConverter (originally Media.io) is one such program that is free to use and directly works on your Mac and Windows browser. Two tasks at a time can be added to the software interface for conversion and it supports popularly used audio and video formats for conversion.
Steps to convert MP3 to WAV on Mac using media.io
- Step 1: Open https://www.media.io/ on your Mac browser. Hit + Add your files to browse and add MP3 files from your Mac system.
- Step 2: At Convert to: tab, select WAV as desired output format from the Audio tab.
- Step 3: Click Convert to start the process.
Once the conversion is complete, you can download the WAV version of the file from the interface.
Listed above are 3 methods of MP3 to WAV conversion. The below given comparison table of the 3 methods, helps you to decide the best solution depending on your requirements.
|Features/Program||VCU||iTunes||Online UniConverter (originally Media.io)|
|Supported formats||More than 1000||Limited formats||Popularly used formats|
|Directly adding MP3 files from devices||Yes||No||No|
|YouTube to MP3 download support||Yes||No||No|
|Option to select output quality||Yes||No||No|
|Video conversion||Yes||No||Yes, for limited formats|
|Batch processing||Yes||No||Only 2 tasks at a time|
|Fees||Paid program with free trial version||Free||Free|