- TRY FREE TRY FREE
- 1. Burn Video/Audio on Mac+
- 1.1 Convert AVI to MP4 on Mac
- 1.2 Convert AVCHD on Mac
- 1.3 Convert Audio on Mac
- 1.4 MP3 to WAV Converter Mac
- 1.5 WAV to MP3 Converter Mac
- 1.6 svg converter
- 1.7 music converter
- 1.8 dmg file
- 1.9 webp
- 1.10 online wpd converter
- 1.11 wtv to mp4
- 1.12 readme md
- 1.13 online svg converter
- 1.14 ai to svg
- 1.15 music converter
- 1.16 md file
- 1.17 wpd file
- 1.18 djvu file
- 1.19 sf2 file
- 1.20 oga file
- 1.21 arj file
- 1.22 free svg converter
- 1.23 md5 converter
- 1.24 convert dmg to iso
- 1.25 dpi converter
- 1.26 Toast Titanium Alternative for Mac
- 1.27 Copy a CD on Mac
- 1.28 Best GIF Maker for Mac
- 1.29 PPT to Video on Mac
- 1.30 iPad Video Converter Mac
- 1.31 Top 6 Media Converter Mac
- 1.32 Top 8 File Converters for Mac
- 1.33 10 Free Video Converter for Mac
- 2. Recording Tips on Mac+
- 3. Edit Photos and Videos on Mac+
- 3.1 Photo Viewer for Mac
- 3.2 Crop a Picture on Mac
- 3.3 Top 10 Image Editor for Mac
- 3.4 How to Screenshot on Mac
- 3.5 Use Snipping Tool on Mac
- 3.6 Convert HEIC to JPG on Mac
- 3.7 Best Drawing Software for Mac
- 3.8 Best Photo Organizer for Mac
- 3.9 How to Resize Photos on Mac
- 3.10 Best Photo Editors for Mac
- 3.11 Convert PNG to JPG
- 3.12 TIFF to JPEG Mac
- 3.13 Convert Picture to SVG
- 3.14 How to Edit MP4 on Mac
- 3.15 Video Editing Software for Mac
- 3.16 4 Best MP3 Trimmer for Mac
- 4. Other Tips & Trick+
- 4.1 An Intel Mac VS ARM
- 4.2 Fix Mac Running Slow Problem
- 4.3 How to Run Windows on Mac
- 4.4 Top 15 Mac Apps in 2020
- 4.5 Everything about macOS 11 Big Sur
- 4.6 How to Transfer Data between Macs
- 4.7 How to Use Mac Magic
- 4.8 Clear Space on Your Mac
- 4.9 15 Things for New Mac Owner
- 4.10 Best Games for Mac in 2020
- 4.11 Best 12 Alternatives to CleanMyMac
- 4.12 How to Make a Collage on Mac
- 4.13 Best Free Voice Changer for Mac
- 4.14 Posting on Instagram from Mac
- 4.15 10 Easy Way Do Split-Screen on Mac
- 4.16 How to Turn Off iMesages
- 4.17 How to Airplay Video to Mac
- 5. Tips for Playing Videos+
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
- Game Lovers
3 Must-Know About Your Mac Magic Mouse
by Kayla Morrison • 2023-06-01 14:01:14 • Proven solutions
Developed by Apple, the Magic Mouse which is also known as a Mac Mouse features multi-touch capabilities that support gestures like scrolling and swiping on the surface of the mouse which in turn interacts with the system. The Mac Mouse is a wireless device that works on Bluetooth. So, to make your working with the Mac Mouse smooth and quick, there are a few tips, tricks, and important things to be considered.
- Part 1. Tips about How to Use a Multi-Button Mouse with Your Mac
- Part 2. How to Change Mouse Speed in Easy Steps
- Part 3. How to Fix Mac Mouse keep disconnecting Issues
Part 1. Tips about How to Use a Multi-Button Mouse with Your Mac
The Magic Mouse comes with a touch-sensitive surface without many buttons. So, if you are wondering how to make this mouse multi-button, no worries as the device allow creating primary and secondary clicks along with the commands for the gestures.
Using Keyboard modifier to right-click:
The keyboard modifier allows creating a right-click where you change the primary click on the mouse to the secondary right-click.
- Take the cursor over the item on which the right-click is needed and then press and hold the Control key while the keyboard is clicked.
- You will now see a context-sensitive menu after which the Control key can be released. Choose the menu option as desired.
Setting right-click on a Mouse:
You can even set-up the right-click function on your Mouse using the below steps:
- Select System Preferences from the Apple Menu or through the Dock. Choose the Mouse preference tab.
- Depending on the type of Mouse you are using the interface of the preference window will be different. For the Magic Mouse, choose the Point & Click tab and then check the box at a Secondary click. Next, select which side of the Ouse you would wish to use as a Secondary click.
Part 2. How to Change Mouse Speed in Easy Steps
The speed at which the pointer of the mouse moves on the screen and the time it takes between the button press during the double-click on the mouse between the button is termed as the Mouse speed. There is an option to change the Mouse speed as well as the sensitivity if you are not fine with the existing one.
Steps to change the Mouse tracking speed on Mac:
Step 1: Choose the System preferences from the Apple menu at the top of the screen.
Step 2: Choose Mouse from the System Preferences window.
Step 3: Tap on the Point & Click present at the top of the window.
Step 4: Next, under the Tracking speed there is a slider in which you can move to increase or decrease the speed of the cursor as needed. High speed means less movement to move the cursor.
Part 3. How to Fix Mac Mouse keep disconnecting Issues
A lot of users experience an issue where their Mouse keeps disconnecting at random times. If you are among those, listed below are the workaround that might help you to fix the issue. The method of fixing the issue with the Mouse 1 and Mouse 2 will differ as the former uses AA batteries while the latter has a built-in lithium-ion battery.
Method 1: Fixing issue with first-gen Magic Mouse disconnecting:
One of the major reasons for disconnecting issues in the first-gen Magic Mouse is the battery terminal contact inside the Mouse. If there is no power in the Mouse, there will be no Bluetooth connectivity. Thus, check the battery terminal for the proper contacts and see if there are no electrical connection issues. Follow the steps below to check the issue:
- First of all, turn the mouse off and then pull the battery cover off by pushing it down. Remove the batteries from the slot.
- Take 2 small-sized aluminium foil paper and wrap them around the negative point of each of the battery that will create an extra force between the contact and the battery.
- Insert the batteries back into the Mouse and put back the cover.
Generally, this trick works in most of the cases but still if you are facing issues you can try placing the rectangle-shaped paper over the top of the batteries to hold the batteries in place in case if they are loose and not hold tightly by the compartment.
Method 2: Pairing Mouse with the Mac
There might be Bluetooth pairing issues with your first- and second-generation Magic Mouse and to fix this, below are the steps.
- First of all, turn the Bluetooth off and then after a few seconds turn it on again on your Mac.
- Take the data backup and then delete the Preference list of the Bluetooth.
- Finally, re-pair and connect your Bluetooth Mouse with the Mac.
Method 3: Check if Bluetooth is turned on
Though it may sound very basic, many times, issues may arise when your Bluetooth is not switched On. So, to ensure the same, follow the steps below:
- Check the Mouse at the bottom if there is a green color next to the power switch of the Mouse.
- Click on the Bluetooth icon at the upper menu toolbar on your Mac and switch it ON in case if it is not.
The above mentioned are simple tips that will help you to enhance our overall experience of working with the Magic Mouse.
Your complete video toolbox