- 1. Burn Video/Audio on Mac+
- 1.1 Convert AVI to MP4 on Mac
- 1.2 Convert AVCHD on Mac
- 1.3 Convert Audio on Mac
- 1.4 MP3 to WAV Converter Mac
- 1.5 WAV to MP3 Converter Mac
- 1.6 svg converter
- 1.7 music converter
- 1.8 dmg file
- 1.9 webp
- 1.10 online wpd converter
- 1.11 wtv to mp4
- 1.12 readme md
- 1.13 convert picture to svg
- 1.14 online svg converter
- 1.15 ai to svg
- 1.16 music converter
- 1.17 md file
- 1.18 wpd file
- 1.19 djvu file
- 1.20 sf2 file
- 1.21 oga file
- 1.22 arj file
- 1.23 free svg converter
- 1.24 md5 converter
- 1.25 convert dmg to iso
- 1.26 dpi converter
- 2. Other Converting Tips+
- 2.1 Convert PNG to JPG
- 2.2 TIFF to JPEG Mac
- 2.3 PPT to Video on Mac
- 2.4 Mac Media Player
- 2.5 iPad Video Converter Mac
- 2.6 Top 6 Media Converter Mac
- 2.7 Top 8 File Converters for Mac
- 2.8 10 Free Video Converter for Mac
- 2.9 Open SWF on Mac
- 2.1 Download VLC Mac
- 2.11 Change Default Video Player Mac
- 2.12 Toast Titanium Alternative for Mac
SWF Player: How to Open SWF Files on Mac
"How can I open a .swf file on a Mac?"
That's what asked most frequently on Quora by Mac users. Nowadays, it is very common to find SWF files online. You can find these in a variety of multimedia applications, like games or other apps. However, there are still several issues on how to open SWF files or play SWF on Mac, which can be easily used on the Windows system. Also, another problem is that many people are yet not aware of how to convert them by a 3-rd party on Mac. Read further to know certain sure-shot ways of opening and running these files that we have listed after thorough research and careful selection. Also, you can find ways on how to convert SWF files on Mac.
- Part 1. What is SWF Format
- Part 2. How to Play SWF Files Online
- Part 3. How to Open SWF Files on Mac with Adobe Flash Player
- Part 4. Top 3 SWF Players for Mac
If you work a lot with graphics and media, then you must have heard about the SWF file format, which is short for Small Web Format (also called ShockWave file). It is basically an Adobe flash file format that contains different kinds of videos and vector type animations. Initially created by Macromedia, this format is now owned by Adobe, and the files are mostly used by people to deliver multimedia content across the web safely and securely. However, you can't open it on Mac without any help from a 3-rd professional program, which means that you need either an SWF player or convert SWF files to a different format.
There are several ways in which you can open and play SWF files on Mac. One of the best ways to open SWF files online is by using an online browser plugin solution. You can download one of the leading browser plugin solutions and enable them to play SWF files online, like Cloud Flash Player and Puffin. However, if you are using Google Chrome as your browser, then you are in for a treat because it has an in-built Flash Player called the PepperFlash. All you need to do is ensure that it is enabled (check through Plugins in Settings). It will help play all SWF files online automatically without any problem. Read further to know how to open or play SWF files on Mac.
Understanding how to play SWF files on Mac is undoubtedly a task, especially when trying to open these files online because there are not many options that can give you everything you need with efficiency. However, don't worry because there is one way in which you can enable the already present Adobe Flash Player plugin on the exclusive Safari browser available on your Mac devices to open and play SWF files on Mac. There are just three simple steps that can easily do the trick for you.
Follow the steps given below to enable Adobe Flash Player for the Safari browser on your Mac; this will help open SWF files online and play SWF on Mac.
Step 1. Open the Safari browser and go to Preferences.
Step 2. Click on the tab that reads Websites and scroll down to find Plug-ins. You will find the Adobe Flash Player listed here.
Step 3. Click on the checkbox beside it to enable the Adobe Flash Player on Safari.
You can also make additional settings to make sure that the Adobe Flash Player works when you visit certain websites. If you want, you can also make settings for individual websites based on your requirements.
If you want to play SWF files on your Mac without plugins so that you can play and carry it as you wish, then you need professional software to open the SWF files or convert to MP4 or other Mac supported formats. Here listed the top 3 SWF players for Mac that may help you view SWF files on Mac easily.
Elmedia Player is a free, swift and smart SWF player for Mac OS X. It has numerous handy options and controls, ensuring top grade usability for viewing and managing Flash movies. With it, you can not only watch SWF, FLV, and other videos but also make the customization on different video settings. You can even install it as a built-in web-browser so that you can play SWF files online smoothly.
● It has a built-in browser and also allows you to browse for flash movies.
● Supports a lot of video formats and plays them efficiently.
SWF Movie Player is a free SWF player for Mac. It allows you to play, rewind, fast-forward and preview SWF files frame-by-frame. With this player, you can also create and manage playlists, zoom movies in and out, set playback quality, control Flash security, check SWF comprehensive information, and lots more.
● It allows you to have complete playback control while playing videos.
● It also allows you to take snapshots.
The Jihosoft SWF converter can convert SWF files to almost all standard video formats like MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, MWV, MPEG, 3GP, etc. What you need to do is to import the SWF files into the program and choose an output format, then you can get the converted files within a few minutes. It can also auto-detect any online SWF videos on websites by URLs and download them for conversion.
● Both local and online SWF files are importing.
● Provide video editing and other advanced functions.
After you learned these SWF players, we'd like to recommend you the best video converter, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate), for you as it supports nearly 1,000+ formats video and audio conversion. It also has several other interesting features, which make it an excellent choice for working with multimedia files, especially video files. Some of these features include download videos and audio files directly from websites like YouTube, edit videos with built-in tools, transfer data to the mobile devices easily, burn videos to DVD, make a screen recorder, and more. When we talked about video formats converter, you need to know that Wondershare UniConverter would be your best video converter for Mac.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert video and audio with 1,000+ formats, including MP4/MOV/AVI/MKV/MP3/WAV/M4A/M4B, etc.
- Download videos from 1,000+ popular websites like YouTube by pasting URLs directly.
- Burn videos to playable DVD with an attractive free DVD template and make a copy on Mac.
- Transfer media files to iPhone/iPad/Android devices with full quality.
- Toolbox with additional functions like Fix Media Metadata, GIF Maker, Video Compressor, Cast to TV, Screen Recorder, etc.
- Supported OS: Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6, Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista.