- TRY FREE TRY FREE
- 1. Burn Video/Audio on Mac+
- 1.1 Convert AVI to MP4 on Mac
- 1.2 Convert AVCHD on Mac
- 1.3 Convert Audio on Mac
- 1.4 MP3 to WAV Converter Mac
- 1.5 WAV to MP3 Converter Mac
- 1.6 svg converter
- 1.7 music converter
- 1.8 dmg file
- 1.9 webp
- 1.10 online wpd converter
- 1.11 wtv to mp4
- 1.12 readme md
- 1.13 online svg converter
- 1.14 ai to svg
- 1.15 music converter
- 1.16 md file
- 1.17 wpd file
- 1.18 djvu file
- 1.19 sf2 file
- 1.20 oga file
- 1.21 arj file
- 1.22 free svg converter
- 1.23 md5 converter
- 1.24 convert dmg to iso
- 1.25 dpi converter
- 1.26 Toast Titanium Alternative for Mac
- 1.27 Copy a CD on Mac
- 1.28 Best GIF Maker for Mac
- 1.29 PPT to Video on Mac
- 1.30 iPad Video Converter Mac
- 1.31 Top 6 Media Converter Mac
- 1.32 Top 8 File Converters for Mac
- 1.33 10 Free Video Converter for Mac
- 2. Recording Tips on Mac+
- 3. Edit Photos and Videos on Mac+
- 3.1 Photo Viewer for Mac
- 3.2 Crop a Picture on Mac
- 3.3 Top 10 Image Editor for Mac
- 3.4 How to Screenshot on Mac
- 3.5 Use Snipping Tool on Mac
- 3.6 Convert HEIC to JPG on Mac
- 3.7 Best Drawing Software for Mac
- 3.8 Best Photo Organizer for Mac
- 3.9 How to Resize Photos on Mac
- 3.10 Best Photo Editors for Mac
- 3.11 Convert PNG to JPG
- 3.12 TIFF to JPEG Mac
- 3.13 Convert Picture to SVG
- 3.14 How to Edit MP4 on Mac
- 3.15 Video Editing Software for Mac
- 3.16 4 Best MP3 Trimmer for Mac
- 4. Other Tips & Trick+
- 4.1 An Intel Mac VS ARM
- 4.2 Fix Mac Running Slow Problem
- 4.3 How to Run Windows on Mac
- 4.4 Top 15 Mac Apps in 2020
- 4.5 Everything about macOS 11 Big Sur
- 4.6 How to Transfer Data between Macs
- 4.7 How to Use Mac Magic
- 4.8 Clear Space on Your Mac
- 4.9 15 Things for New Mac Owner
- 4.10 Best Games for Mac in 2020
- 4.11 Best 12 Alternatives to CleanMyMac
- 4.12 How to Make a Collage on Mac
- 4.13 Best Free Voice Changer for Mac
- 4.14 Posting on Instagram from Mac
- 4.15 10 Easy Way Do Split-Screen on Mac
- 4.16 How to Turn Off iMesages
- 4.17 How to Airplay Video to Mac
- 5. Tips for Playing Videos+
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
7 Best Free Blu-ray Player for Mac 2021 [Recommended]
When it comes to storing and playing high-quality movies, Blu-ray discs are in another league. Not even the popular DVD can offer better audio and video quality. That said, you cannot enjoy your favorite Blu-ray movies on Mac without a proper Blu-ray Mac Player app. Not even Apple's SuperDrive offers Blu-ray support. So, I'm going to help you unravel some free Blu-ray player for Mac apps to help you enjoy your movie collections on Mac hassle-free.
- Part 1. 7 Free Blu-ray Player for Mac Users (macOS 10.15 Included)
- Part 2. Comparison Between All Free Blu-ray Player for Mac Apps
You can install these Blu-ray playback programs for Mac and enjoy the ultimate movie experience. Note, however, that some of them come with a free trial period, after which you can opt for the paid version.
- Macgo Blu-ray Player Pro
- Leawo Blu-ray Player
- Blu-ray Master
- Aurora Blu-ray Media Player
- DVDFab Player 6 for Mac
- VLC Media Player
- Wondershare UniConverter
Macgo Blu-ray Player is an excellent Blu-ray player for Mac that's available to download on the Mac App Store. Although it's not a free option, you'll still enjoy a free 30-day money-back guarantee to try it out. Interestingly, Macgo Blu-ray Player is one of the first digital Blu-ray Player apps for macOS 10.15 Catalina. On top of Blu-ray discs, Macgo Blu-ray Player for Mac can also open multiple video formats, including AVI, MP4, VOB, WMV, and so on. Even better, you can install it on your PC and enjoy an immersive movie experience.
- Supported by macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Compatible with all multimedia formats.
- Available for Windows computers.
- Support Blu-ray menu, ISO files, BD, and BDMV folders.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
2. Leawo Blu-ray Player
Leawo is a free Blu-ray player for Mac that supports the opening of Blu-ray discs with all region codes. It boasts an intuitive and stylish UI that makes one wonder if it's really a free app. That said, you can open your Blu-ray or DVD on Leawo with audio tracks, subtitles, or even load subtitle audio tracks. You can also open ISO files, IFO files, and DVDs with all original quality. Additionally, users can open various digital video formats, including MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, and more.
- Free, open-source option.
- Region-free Blu-ray playback app.
- Compatible with multiple formats.
- Supports both Mac and Windows computers.
- Multiple playback controls.
Blu-ray Master is a free Mac Blu-ray player that comes with an intuitive UI. On top of Blu-ray videos, users can also watch video formats such as MP4, MOV, WMV, TS, VOB, FLV, MTS, and many others. Also, Blu-ray Master allows users to select their favorite Blu-ray titles or chapter to watch. You can even choose a subtitle or an audio track to make your watching experience more immersive. Moreover, users can capture fantastic video images and store them on their local drive for future use.
- Supports Mac OS X 10.7 or later (including Catalina).
- Opens multiple video and audio formats.
- Adjust video effects.
- Choose your favorite video title.
- User-friendly interface.
4. Aurora Blu-ray Media Player
Another notable name in the multimedia playback space is Aurora Blu-ray Media Player. As the name suggests, this software is perfect for opening Blu-ray files, although it can do more than that. Aurora Blu-ray Media Player can open DVD, ISO, VCD, HD videos, and any other type of digital video format. As you enjoy your Blu-ray movies, the app ensures that you get the best sound experience by supporting output channels such as TrueHD 2.1, DTS HD 7.1, and DTS/AC3 5.1. Plus, you can share your movies directly to Twitter or Facebook.
- Compatible with all Mac OS X versions.
- Share movies to Twitter or Facebook.
- Support multiple video file formats.
- Opens Blu-ray, DVD, ISO, video CD, and HD movies.
- DTS HD 7.1, TrueHD 2.1, and DTS/AC3 5.1 sound channel output.
Although not a free option, DVDFab Player 6 is arguably the most advanced Blu-ray Mac player on this list. For starters, it can open Blu-ray discs with main movie titles and background audio. Secondly, this powerful app can create a local media library with free movie posters downloaded from the internet. The posters will make it easy for you to find a movie whenever you want to watch. Also, it offers intuitive menu playback controls for DVDs, Blu-ray, and ripped ISO image files. And lastly, DVDFab Player 6 supports HEVC, 4K UHD, and other digital media files like AVI, MP4, VOB, etc.
- Playback Blu-ray with main movie titles.
- Adjust UI skins with beautiful outlooks.
- Open BDAV discs easily.
- Playback 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray movies.
- Playback DVD with menu support.
I bet you're reading this article with VLC Media Player already installed on your Mac computer. If you haven't installed a copy yet, VLC is a free, open-source media player that beats most professional media players in their game. Here, you can open a copy-protected Blu-ray and DVD without breaking a sweat. Not only that but VLC also comes with advanced playback controls like audio and video filters, subtitle synchronization, and more. Furthermore, VLC is super-easy to use.
- A free, open-source app.
- Available to download on Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- Compatible with most video/audio formats.
- No ads while playing.
- Convert between video and audio formats.
Wondershare UniConverter is arguably the best Blu-ray/DVD player app for both novice and pro users alike. It boasts of a smooth, user-friendly interface with lots of tools. Here, you can easily open copy-protected DVDs and Blu-ray discs on either Mac or Windows. Also, Wondershare UniConverter, allows you to watch any video format, including MP4, TS, DV, AVI, and many others. And best of all, this desktop app is compatible with all macOS and Windows versions with helpful updates from time to time.
- Super-simple to use.
- Free to use.
- Open Blu-ray discs with subtitle tracks.
- Compatible with all macOS versions.
- Opens 1000+ video and audio formats.
|Macgo Blu-ray Player Pro||
|Leawo Blu-ray Player||
|DVDFab Player 6 for Mac||
|Aurora Blu-ray Media Player||
These are the most sought-after free Blu-ray players for Mac. If you want something free, you can install VLC Media Player, although you won’t be able to open copy-protected discs. But if you’re looking for a jack of all trades, try out Wondershare UniConverter. It’s simple, fast, and uses minimal CPU resources to complete the job.