- TRY FREE TRY FREE
- 1. Burn Video/Audio on Mac+
- 1.1 Convert AVI to MP4 on Mac
- 1.2 Convert AVCHD on Mac
- 1.3 Convert Audio on Mac
- 1.4 MP3 to WAV Converter Mac
- 1.5 WAV to MP3 Converter Mac
- 1.6 svg converter
- 1.7 music converter
- 1.8 dmg file
- 1.9 webp
- 1.10 online wpd converter
- 1.11 wtv to mp4
- 1.12 readme md
- 1.13 online svg converter
- 1.14 ai to svg
- 1.15 music converter
- 1.16 md file
- 1.17 wpd file
- 1.18 djvu file
- 1.19 sf2 file
- 1.20 oga file
- 1.21 arj file
- 1.22 free svg converter
- 1.23 md5 converter
- 1.24 convert dmg to iso
- 1.25 dpi converter
- 1.26 Toast Titanium Alternative for Mac
- 1.27 Copy a CD on Mac
- 1.28 Best GIF Maker for Mac
- 1.29 PPT to Video on Mac
- 1.30 iPad Video Converter Mac
- 1.31 Top 6 Media Converter Mac
- 1.32 Top 8 File Converters for Mac
- 1.33 10 Free Video Converter for Mac
- 2. Recording Tips on Mac+
- 3. Edit Photos and Videos on Mac+
- 3.1 Photo Viewer for Mac
- 3.2 Crop a Picture on Mac
- 3.3 Top 10 Image Editor for Mac
- 3.4 How to Screenshot on Mac
- 3.5 Use Snipping Tool on Mac
- 3.6 Convert HEIC to JPG on Mac
- 3.7 Best Drawing Software for Mac
- 3.8 Best Photo Organizer for Mac
- 3.9 How to Resize Photos on Mac
- 3.10 Best Photo Editors for Mac
- 3.11 Convert PNG to JPG
- 3.12 TIFF to JPEG Mac
- 3.13 Convert Picture to SVG
- 3.14 How to Edit MP4 on Mac
- 3.15 Video Editing Software for Mac
- 3.16 4 Best MP3 Trimmer for Mac
- 4. Other Tips & Trick+
- 4.1 An Intel Mac VS ARM
- 4.2 Fix Mac Running Slow Problem
- 4.3 How to Run Windows on Mac
- 4.4 Top 15 Mac Apps in 2020
- 4.5 Everything about macOS 11 Big Sur
- 4.6 How to Transfer Data between Macs
- 4.7 How to Use Mac Magic
- 4.8 Clear Space on Your Mac
- 4.9 15 Things for New Mac Owner
- 4.10 Best Games for Mac in 2020
- 4.11 Best 12 Alternatives to CleanMyMac
- 4.12 How to Make a Collage on Mac
- 4.13 Best Free Voice Changer for Mac
- 4.14 Posting on Instagram from Mac
- 4.15 10 Easy Way Do Split-Screen on Mac
- 4.16 How to Turn Off iMesages
- 4.17 How to Airplay Video to Mac
- 5. Tips for Playing Videos+
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
7 Quick Solutions to Convert HEIC to JPG on Mac
by Kayla Morrison • 2022-03-22 13:55:48 • Proven solutions
Apple introduced the HEIC image format on its iOS 11 or later devices. With HEIC, users will enjoy a smaller file size and superior picture quality than the typical JPG. But here’s the problem, HEIC can run into compatibility issues with some image viewing apps. In that case, you should convert HEIC to JPG on Mac. So, read on to learn how to convert HEIC to JPG on Mac with lossless quality.
- Part 1. How to Convert HEIC to JPG on Mac
- Part 2. Easier Way to Convert HEIC Files to JPG on Mac [Recommended]
- Part 3. Top 5 Ways to Convert HEIC to JPG Online for Free
If you want to Mac convert HEIC to JPG without installing any third-party app on your device, use the Preview app. It will only take you a few clicks to export your HEIC file in JPG format.
Below is how to make a photo collage on Mac with iPhoto:
Step 1: Find your HEIC file on Mac and double-click it to view on Preview.
Step 2: While on Preview, press the File and then choose the Export.
Step 3: Now click the Format menu and then choose the JPEG.
Step 4: Adjust your image quality and then press the Save to export HEIC to a JPEG file.
Although using the Preview app is free and straightforward, you can only convert a single HEIC file at a time. Even worse, the app comes with limited editing options. Therefore, you should install the professional Wondershare UniConverter. This app is fast, simple to use, and offers a ton of image editing functions. It supports all standard photo formats like HEIC, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, WebP, and Raw.
It supports all standard image formats like HEIC, JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, RAW, etc.
Best free video editor for Mac to crop, rotate, cut, convert, add subtitles, and more.
90X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
Batch video/audio compression and conversion are allowed.
Toolbox with additional functions like Screen Recorder, VR Converter, GIF Maker, Fixing Media Metadata, and more.
Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7.
Below is how to convert HEIC to JPG on Mac with Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Open Image Converter.
After installing and running Wondershare Image Converter, click the Toolbox and then open the Image Converter.
Step 2 Upload photos.
Now drag and drop photos on the Image Converter window. Alternatively, press the Folder icon on the top-left corner and import as many local pictures as you want.
Step 3 Customize photos.
Select all your photo thumbnails and then press the Crop or Effect icon to open the editing tool. There, you can crop, apply effects, and add or remove watermarks. If satisfied, click Apply All and then press Ok. You can also press the Settings button on the upper-right corner to adjust size and quality.
Step 4 Save photos.
Navigate to the Convert all images to menu and open it. Choose the JPG as the target format and then press the Convert button. That’s all!
The above two are the most convenient methods to Mac convert HEIC to JPG without any quality loss. However, sometimes you might need to convert image files online on a computer or mobile device. If that’s your plan, use these five options:
As the name suggests, HEICtoJPEG is a conversion website that only supports converting HEIF files to JPEG with high-quality. The user interface is super-convenient and uploads HEIC files in a flash. Here, you can choose to upload files using either the “Upload” button or merely drag and drop files to the interface. After uploading, it will only take a few seconds to process a download link with your JPEG file. And if you run into any issues, you can contact support via the live chat feature.
- Straightforward UI.
- Super-fast app.
- Supports drag and drop.
- Not for pro users.
- Limited editing functions.
Squoosh app is another simple to use HEIC to JPG Mac converter. With it, you can use the "Upload" button to add photos or merely drag and drop pictures on Squoosh. But unlike HEICtoJPEG, Squoosh is a feature-rich online app. After uploading a photo, this app allows you to change the background, rotate or flip images, compress, adjust image quality, and so much more. If satisfied, you can choose to convert your image to either PNG, BMP, JPEG, or AVIF formats.
- No adverts.
- Multiple editing tools.
- Apply image background.
- Only works online.
Freetoolonline is a straightforward website that allows users to convert HEIC to any other standard image format. Users can convert HEIC to JPEG, PNG, BMP, and so on. But what makes this tool stand out from the pack is its ability to support batch conversions of up to 5,000 files. Also, it’s absolutely with no hidden subscriptions. The only disappointment is the outdated UI.
- Supports batch conversion.
- Fast conversions.
- Best for beginners.
- Outdated UI.
- Ads on the interface.
If you’re ready to sacrifice functionality for simplicity, then iMobile HEIC Converter is the way to go. Although it comes with a desktop version, this online app doesn’t obligate you to download or install anything. It boasts a modern and intuitive UI and allows users to drag and drop files for conversion. Moreover, it offers up to three output quality options – High, Medium, and Standard.
- Convert HEIC to JPEG, PNG, GIF, and JPG.
- Supports up to three output quality options.
- Fast and straightforward conversions.
- Limited editing options.
5. iMazing HEIC Converter
Although not an online HEIC to JPEG converter like the first four options, I find it difficult not to mention iMazing HEIC Converter. It's simple to install and is compatible with Mac OS X 10.9 or later. With it, users can convert HEIC to either PNG or JPG with 100% original quality. You only need to drag-and-drop your HEIC files and then press the Convert button.
- Dedicated desktop app.
- Supports multiple color profiles.
- Includes EXIF data.
- Limited output format options.
- Can’t specify the output quality.
While there are many programs to help you convert HEIC to JPEG on Mac in a heartbeat, these are the best online and desktop options to check out. If you want something fast but with limited editing capabilities, check out the Preview app or the online options. However, you can also use Wondershare UniConverter if you want a complete desktop image converter.