- 1. Burn Video/Audio on Mac+
- 1.1 Convert AVI to MP4 on Mac
- 1.2 Convert AVCHD on Mac
- 1.3 Convert Audio on Mac
- 1.4 MP3 to WAV Converter Mac
- 1.5 WAV to MP3 Converter Mac
- 1.6 svg converter
- 1.7 music converter
- 1.8 dmg file
- 1.9 webp
- 1.10 online wpd converter
- 1.11 wtv to mp4
- 1.12 readme md
- 1.13 online svg converter
- 1.14 ai to svg
- 1.15 music converter
- 1.16 md file
- 1.17 wpd file
- 1.18 djvu file
- 1.19 sf2 file
- 1.20 oga file
- 1.21 arj file
- 1.22 free svg converter
- 1.23 md5 converter
- 1.24 convert dmg to iso
- 1.25 dpi converter
- 1.26 Toast Titanium Alternative for Mac
- 1.27 Copy a CD on Mac
- 1.28 Best GIF Maker for Mac
- 1.29 PPT to Video on Mac
- 1.30 iPad Video Converter Mac
- 1.31 Top 6 Media Converter Mac
- 1.32 Top 8 File Converters for Mac
- 1.33 10 Free Video Converter for Mac
- 2. Recording Tips on Mac+
- 3. Edit Photos and Videos on Mac+
- 3.1 Photo Viewer for Mac
- 3.2 Crop a Picture on Mac
- 3.3 Top 10 Image Editor for Mac
- 3.4 How to Screenshot on Mac
- 3.5 Use Snipping Tool on Mac
- 3.6 Convert HEIC to JPG on Mac
- 3.7 Best Drawing Software for Mac
- 3.8 Best Photo Organizer for Mac
- 3.9 How to Resize Photos on Mac
- 3.10 Best Photo Editors for Mac
- 3.11 Convert PNG to JPG
- 3.12 TIFF to JPEG Mac
- 3.13 Convert Picture to SVG
- 3.14 How to Edit MP4 on Mac
- 3.15 Video Editing Software for Mac
- 3.16 4 Best MP3 Trimmer for Mac
- 4. Other Tips & Trick+
- 4.1 An Intel Mac VS ARM
- 4.2 Fix Mac Running Slow Problem
- 4.3 How to Run Windows on Mac
- 4.4 Top 15 Mac Apps in 2020
- 4.5 Everything about macOS 11 Big Sur
- 4.6 How to Transfer Data between Macs
- 4.7 How to Use Mac Magic
- 4.8 Clear Space on Your Mac
- 4.9 15 Things for New Mac Owner
- 4.10 Best Games for Mac in 2020
- 4.11 Best 12 Alternatives to CleanMyMac
- 4.12 How to Make a Collage on Mac
- 4.13 Best Free Voice Changer for Mac
- 4.14 Posting on Instagram from Mac
- 4.15 10 Easy Way Do Split-Screen on Mac
- 4.16 How to Turn Off iMesages
- 4.17 How to Airplay Video to Mac
- 5. Tips for Playing Videos+
WebP and WebP Converter: Everything You Need to Know
WebP is an image file. Even though it sounds different, being royalty-free, most of the applications and web browsers already support the format and allow you to open these pictures seamlessly as any other photo that is on your computer or available online. However, if the files with *.webp extension are still inaccessible by your operating system or the web browser or any app is unable to recognize the format, you need an efficient WebP converter that can convert the images to a common format for you. That said, here you will learn all about WebP format, and how you can change WebP pictures to more general and globally acceptable file types like JPG or PNG in case your computer, Internet browser, or an image processing application fails to recognize them.
- Part 1. What Is WebP Format
- Part 2. Best WebP Converter to Convert WebP to Image/Picture (JPG/PNG) in Simple Steps
- Part 3. How to Convert WebP to Image (JPG/PNG) Online
WebP files use *.webp extension. Developed by On2 Technologies, and based on the concept of VP8 video codec that is mostly used for WebM files, WebP is a royalty-free photo format released by Google for both lossy and lossless quality images. WebP uses a predictive compression algorithm where each pixel automatically predicts the color of its adjacent pixel according to the surrounding blocks. This eliminates the need to have redundant data in an image, and the gaps are populated with several copies of a single pixel, or with the difference values calculated out of the redundant ones.
Due to this approach, the size of WebP files is comparatively small, and that’s why such photos are mostly used in web pages as they load on the browser faster and consume Internet bandwidth.
Among all the applications present in the market, at the time of this writing, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is by far the best one to convert WebP image to your preferred format such as JPG, PNG, etc. Available for Mac and Windows computers, Wondershare UniConverter is considered to be the best because, in addition to being an image converter for WebP extension, it also has many other functions such as screen recorder, video editor, video to audio and video to video converter, optical media burner, and much more.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert Webp files to PNG, JPG, BMP files format in easy steps without quality loss.
- Support 1,000+ formats, including MP4/MOV/AVI/MKV/MP3/WAV/M4A/M4B and more to convert video/audio files in any format on Mac.
- Download videos from 1,000+ popular websites like YouTube by simply pasting URLs.
- Burn videos to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template and make a copy on Mac.
- Transfer media files from Mac to iPhone/iPad/Android devices without quality loss.
- Toolbox with functions of Media Metadata Editor, Video Compressor, Screen Recorder, DVD Copy, etc.
- Supported OS: macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6, Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista.
You can learn how to use Wondershare UniConverter as WebP converter by following the instructions given below:
Step 1 Open Image Converter and Import WebP Image.
Start Wondershare UniConverter on your computer (doesn’t matter if it is on Windows or Mac as the interface of both the variants is almost identical), go to the Toolbox tile from the top, click Image Converter from the next window, click +Add Files icon on the Image Converter box that comes up, and with the help of the Open box, import the WebP image to the software.
Step 2 Select Output Extension.
Click and open the Convert all images to menu from the top-right corner of the Image Converter box, and choose a format you want to convert WebP image to.
Step 3 Convert the Image.
Choose a destination folder in the Output field at the bottom, ensure that the WebP image is selected, and click Convert from the bottom-right corner to convert WebP file to the format you selected.
In case you don’t want to install a software application on your computer probably because you want to avoid putting overhead to the hardware or have limited space on your storage device, you can always try UniConverter’s web-based sibling called Wondershare Online UniConverter that can be accessed by going to the https://www.media.io/ link.
Being a web app, Online UniConverter does all the processing on Wondershare’s servers, and your PC doesn’t have to have any heavy-duty hardware resources like the latest GPU, fast processor, or enormous RAM to perform the given tasks. The best thing is, Wondershare Online UniConverter is free to use, and unlike other web applications, even the free and unregistered plan of the tool doesn’t add any watermarks to output videos or images, including WebP files. About the features, the online program has almost all the functions that Wondershare UniConverter has, and all of them are equally efficient as well.
You can learn how to convert a file with WebP extension to JPG, PNG, or any other format for your choice by following the step-by-step instructions that are given below:
Step 1: Upload WebP Image to Wondershare Online UniConverter.
Open your favorite web browser (Mozilla Firefox is used here for demonstration purposes), go to https://www.media.io/image-converter.html, click the + (Add File) box, and upload the WebP file to Online UniConverter. Note: You can select more than one image and even of different formats to upload them in a single go for bulk conversion.
Step 2: Select Output Format and Other Preferences.
Select your preferred format for the converted WebP file from the to drop-down list, optionally select the Settings (Gear) icon from the bottom-center, uncheck the Keep original size box from the lower-left section, and enter the values in the Custom size field’s width and height boxes to resize the image(s) during the conversion process.
Step 3: Convert the Image(s).
Click CONVERT from the bottom-right corner of the web tool to begin WebP format conversion to your preferred extension (JPG for this example). Optionally, you can click ADD MORE FILES from the lower-left section to add multiple WebP files to perform the batch conversion using the same output format and dimension preferences.
Even though WebP images occupy less storage space due to the high and predictive compression ratio, occasionally your web browser or a computer program may fail to recognize these files. You may need an additional, most likely a third-party application that is capable of reading WebP extension and is efficient enough to convert the photos to a different, more common format such as JPG, PNG, BMP, etc. This is where the two programs, namely Wondershare UniConverter and Wondershare Online UniConverter, come into the picture that not only supports more than 1000 different formats, and they are 30 times faster as compared to other such tools when it comes to converting the files.