- 1. Burn Video/Audio on Mac+
- 2. Other Converting Tips+
- 2.1 Convert PNG to JPG
- 2.2 TIFF to JPEG Mac
- 2.3 PPT to Video on Mac
- 2.4 Mac Media Player
- 2.5 iPad Video Converter Mac
- 2.6 Top 6 Media Converter Mac
- 2.7 Top 8 File Converters for Mac
- 2.8 10 Free Video Converter for Mac
- 2.9 Open SWF on Mac
- 2.1 Download VLC Mac
- 2.11 Change Default Video Player Mac
- 2.12 Toast Titanium Alternative for Mac
10 Best Free Video Converter for Mac to Convert Videos for Free
- Part 1. 10 Free Video Converters for Mac Users (macOS 10.15 Included)
- Part 2. Recommended Video Converter for Mac
There are a number of situations when you may need to convert your file formats like playing them on an array of devices, sharing them over the Internet, uploading them to YouTube, resizing video size, record desktop activities, and others. In all such and other situations, a need for a good video converter arises. What's the best video converter for Mac? If you have a Mac system and are looking for a free solution, here are top free video converter for Mac.
- Wondershare Free Video Converter for Mac
- Handbrake for Mac
- Any Video Converter for Mac
- DivX Video Converter
- Media Coder
- MPEG Streamclip
- Apowersoft Free Mac Video Converter
- Miro Video Converter Free
1. Wondershare Free Video Converter for Mac
This is one of the best free video converter for Mac that is compatible with working on OS X 10.6 -10.15 versions. Using this feature-rich program, you can convert both video and audio files in over 1000 formats like MP4, AVI, MKV, DVD, and others to iOS compatible devices like iPhone, Apple TV, iPad, Apple Generic, and others. The converted files using the Macx video converter are of decent quality and the conversion speed is also fast. Wondershare free video converter for Mac also allows downloading videos from YouTube and other 10,000 sites to your desired formats. Simple and useful editing features like Trim, Crop for personalization are also supported. Meanwhile, you can record your desktop activities with this converter as well.
How Do I Convert Video to MP4 on Mac for Free?
Step 1 Launch Wondershare Free Video Converter and import videos.
If Video Converter Free for Mac is installed on your system, launch the program. Select the Convert tab, click the Add Files to browse and add files like MPG, WMV, MP3 from your Mac that you want to convert. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop feature to add files.
Step 2 Select MP4/MKV/MOV or other format as the output format.
Added videos appear as thumbnails on Mac video converter interface showing file details including size, format, etc. Select the target format to which you want to convert your videos by clicking the drop-down icon beside Convert files to: > Video > the format and the resolution.
Step 3 Convert files to MOV/MP4/MKV on Mac.
At the Output tab, choose location on Mac where you want to save the converted files. Finally, hit Convert All to start the video conversion process.
2. Handbrake for Mac
Handbrake for Mac is a widely-used open source free video converter Mac that supports an array of input formats, but the output formats are only .MP4, .M4V, and .MKV. This cross-platform program is compatible with working with Mac, Windows, and Linux systems. In addition to decent quality conversions, Handbrake also supports advanced features like adding subtitles, adding audio tracks, setting and customizing frame rate, changing video codec, adjusting chapters, and others. Presets for quick conversions are also available.
There are various pros and cons associated with using the MP4 converter Mac.
- A wide array of input format support for converting almost all types of files.
- Comes with advanced control features.
- Presets for quick conversion.
- Reminds of potential virus risk while installation.
- Supports limited output formats.
- Only first four minutes are supported during the Live preview.
3. Any Video Converter for Mac
This software with a minimalist interface is one of the best tools for your video conversion needs. Any Video Converter Free for Mac supports 24 input formats like MP4, MPEG, VOB, WMV, 3GP, 3G2, MKV, and more. In order to process multiple files at a time, the batch processing feature is also present. User-defined video outputs help in quick conversion. The program is also capable of extracting audio files from your videos. YouTube and Google videos can be directly downloaded and converted to desired formats by simply placing their link.
Is Any Video Converter free indeed? Many users concern about this problem, so we have tested it. It is not really free but with a trial version. With the free verison, you can convert files in the first 3 minutes.
- Good quality video conversion.
- Video download from YouTube and Google.
- Supports the popular video formats.
- Slow conversion speed.
- The program attempts to install additional software while the setup process.
- Doesn't support audio input formats.
QuickTime is the built-in video player of Mac system that multitasks and performs an array of other functions as well including video conversion. While using QuickTime, there is no need of downloading any software or program as it comes bundled with the system. The process of video conversion is simple and quick using this free Mac video converter.
- Preinstalled with Mac and thus no need for any software download.
- Simple interface with easy to use features.
- Allows choosing for different resolutions.
- No batch processing option.
- Limited codec support.
- Limited features as compared to other programs
5. DivX Video Converter
This is another popularly used free video converter for Mac that supports a decent list of input and output formats. The program comes with editing tools so that you can customize videos before conversion. In addition to local files, you can also add videos from Blu-ray discs, Google Drive, and Dropbox for conversion. A Windows version of the software is also available.
- Simple to use interface.
- Allows setting resolution, aspect ratio, bit rate, and other file parameters.
- Comes with a number of predefined options.
- Push you to try and upgrade to the paid premium version.
- The problem of program freezing.
6. Media Coder
This is another feature packed conversion tool that works on Windows, Mac, and Linux systems. Using the free video converter Mac, you can convert all popular video types in an array of formats. Batch processing is supported for converting multiple files at a time. The software supports CUDA, NVENC, and QuickSync for enabling fast conversion. There is also an option for adjusting bit rate and other file parameters.
- Fast conversion speed while maintaining high quality.
- Allows setting for converting videos to grayscale and quarter-pixel.
- Bitrate setting for audio and video parts of the file.
- Features are inclined towards tech-savvy users and thus not very friendly for new users.
- Too many download buttons at the software download page.
Another free Mac video converter that allows good quality conversion of your files is ffmpegx. The program is based on the collection of UNIX tools which not only makes it flexible but powerful as well. The drag and drop interface of the software makes it easy to use for all types of users. Ffmpegx supports a wide array of formats and also allows customizing files as needed with different tools. The conversion speed of the program is also very fast. There is also a subtitle converter with OCR with the feature of VOB to SRT text format.
- Supports almost all popular and used video formats.
- Allows video customization with features like automatic crop tool, video tools, bitrate calculator and others.
- Simple drag and drop interface.
- Not very friendly and easy for beginners to use.
- Official documentation is confusing and difficult.
8. MPEG Streamclip
If you are in search of a simple and easy to use video converter, MPEG Streamclip is the right choice. Using the software, you simply have to drag the files to the interface and select the desired output format. The free video converter has options to customize your videos using different tools. In addition to video conversion, the software can also be used for playing files, edit them convert them into muxed or demuxed files.
- Simple to use and understand.
- A wide range of supported formats.
- Allows to edit videos using Cut, Copy, Paste, and Trim function.
- The design is not very impressive.
9. Apowersoft Free Mac Video Converter
Apowersoft Free Online Video Converter is another name in the list top free Mac video converters. The program converts your file to the desired format in decent quality and fast speed. The software is compatible with working with all types of Mac laptops and desktops and works on almost all types of browsers including Safari, FireFox, Chrome, and others. Bitrate, frame rate, video resolution, sample rate, channels, and audio bit rate can be edited as needed.
- Simple to use.
- Support all commonly used formats.
- Has no set-up process and can be used online.
- Dependent on internet connectivity.
- File size limits.
10. Miro Video Converter Free
Miro is another free to use, open source video conversion tool for Mac users. Using the software you can convert all types of videos to WebM, MP4, or OGG Theora. The program also allows converting your files for formats that are fit to be played on Android, iPad, and iPhone. Custom sizing and batch conversion support are additional features. Windows version of the software is also available.
- Open source and freeware video converter.
- Simple to use interface.
- Limited output formats.
- Limited video editing features.
If you are seeking for an all-round Mac video converter with the best video output quality, fastest video conversion speed and the most formats supported, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) will be your top choice. Its built-in versatile toolbox will impress you a lot!
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert videos on Mac over 1000 formats like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos by trimming, cropping, adding subtitles, and more.
- Burn video to playable DVD or Blu-ray disc with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6, Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista.
Watch Video Tutorial to Convert Videos Easily With Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
Features of Wondershare UniConverter for Mac:
1. Convert video to over 1000 video/audio formats as well as optimized devices and editing software.
2. Edit video before conversion via Trim/Crop videos, add Watermark/Subtitles, apply Effects and adjust Audio.
3. Download videos from YouTube, Netfix and other 10,000 video sharing sites.
4. Record screen with the built-in screen recorder.
5. Burn videos to DVD or Blu-ray discs with many free templates.
6. Compress video to smaller size for easy storage or sharing.
7. Transfer converted or downloaded video to any iOS and Android devices.
8. Versatile video toolbox consists of Fix Media Metadata, GIF Maker, VR Converter, DVD Copy, etc.