- 1. Convert Videos to Any Format+
- 2. Video to Audio Converters+
- 3. Video Converters for Device+
- 4. Other Video Converters Tips+
- 4.1 Top 10 Free Video Converters Windows
- 4.2 Top 11 Online YouTube Converters
- 4.3 Free YouTube Video Converters
- 4.4 Facebook Video Converters
- 4.5 Is Online Video Converter Safe
- 4.6 Video Format Converters
- 4.7 Top 5 Video Size Converters
- 4.8 Top 6 Video Resolution Converters
- 4.9 Batch Video Converters
- 4.10 Top 5 MXF Converters
- 4.11 DVR-MS Converter
- 4.12 Alternative to HandBrake
- 4.13 HandBrake Settings
- 4.14 Alternative to Movavi Windows
- 4.15 Best Alternative to Movavi
- 4.16 Alternative to Freemake
- 4.17 YouTube Playlist Downloader
Best Handbrake Settings for Universal Tasks
Handbrake is a popular DVD ripper and video converter for Mac, Windows and Linux. It's a multi-platform and totally free tool you should not miss. This article will share the best Handbrake settings for general tasks, like Handbrake picture settings, quality settings, iPad 2 output settings, and Handbrake settings for media library.
Things you should know before adjusting Handbrake settings:
1.Good to good, crap to crap. The video output is mainly depended by the quality of your input source. You can't get a much better video quality if your original video quality is terrible.
2. Quality definitely differs among low, medium and high, but low isn't going to make your video look like crap either. All your options are designed to be watch-able, but the bigger the screen the higher you'll want to set the quality. When in doubt, Medium is always a good choice.
3. If you're encoding for your portable device, be sure to check its encoding specifications (like resolution, frame rate, bit rate, etc.). Please double-check this especially when you want to put a long movie to your portable device. Or you can use a short movie to have a test.
4. Handbrake settings are not an exact science, as perception of quality varies from person to person, from application to application.
Now find your desired Handbrake settings to use in your Handbrake.
1. Handbrake Picture Settings
a. Size: The size options allow you to reduce the dimensions of your movie. The Keep Aspect Ratio option makes it possible that the Width or Height setting changes and the other setting will follow, maintaining the same aspect ratio as the source movie. For a widescreen movie, the Width will be 720 or 1080. There are 4 items in the Anamorphic drop-down list. The Strict option ensures that the aspect ratio conforms exactly to the ratio of the original movie. A Loose setting alters the dimensions so they are more efficiently encoded. To make a custom video dimension, select Custom.
b. Crop: By default, HandBrake attempts to remove black bars by cropping them away. If it works no good, do it yourself. On the other hand, if your source material is a DVD burned from a video tape and that video has scan lines at the top or bottom, you can use crop option to remove them.
2. Handbrake Quality Settings
The Handbrake video quality settings are pretty open to experimentation, but it's widely accepted that doing a constant quality encode is the best option, and usually about 55% (or an RF of 22) will get you as much space savings as possible but still be nearly "transparent", or indiscernible from the original to your eyes. Again, this is personal preference, though, so if you have particularly sensitive eyes you may want to move it closer to, say, 59%, or if you can't tell the difference, you could probably slide it down more for saving more spac3. 55% is the setting that a lot people tend to use and recommend, and it works well for me.
3. Best Handbrake Settings for iPad Mini 4
iPad Mini 4 is popular used. So what are the best Handbrake settings for iPad Mini 4? Do the settings for iPad still work the best? In fact, There is no option at present for selecting iPad Mini 4 profile for the output format.
Tips: Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) has built in profile for converting and converting video for your Apple iPad Mini 4, so you don't worry about the output video and audio. You would instantly enjoy movies on iPad Mini 4 without any hassle.
To hack on Handbrake, here are the potential best Handbrake settings for iPad Mini 4, try at your own risk. iPad Mini 4 and Apple TV can both handle higher resolution, so you are recommended to use Apple TV profile if you want to make the most of your iPad Mini 4's HD feature. Besides, the iPad Mini 4 supports 720p 30fps video, so a good maximum resolution would be 1920*1080. Among Apple devices, iPod has lowest restriction, you could use iPod profile, but these are definitely not the best Handbrake settings for iPad Mini 4.
4. Best Handbrake Settings for DVD Movie Library
a. Video Settings: Select MP4 file container, video codec is H.264, check Avg Bite rate (kbps) and input 1400.
b. Audio Settings: If possible, audio codec is AAC while mixdown is usually Dolby Pro Logic II, sample rate is either Auto or 48, and bit rate is 160, try to always use higher settings because you won't regret it later.
By the above Handbrake settings, you can convert your DVD collections to a computer or a portable device like PS3, through which you can watch DVD movie on TV with similar quality. Using these settings, Handbrake will produce about 1.5GB video from a 2 hour DVD disc.
Handbrake Settings Tips:
1. The copying time will be a few minutes to many hours mainly depending on the length of the video, the Handbrake settings, and the hardware on your PC.
Free download the trial version of Video Converter:
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Best Video Converter for Windows / Mac (Mojave Included)
- Convert videos to MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV and other 1000 formats.
- Convert videos in batch without any quality loss.
- Convert files to optimized preset for almost all of the devices, like iPhone, iPad, HuaWei phone etc.
- 30X faster conversion speed than common converters with unique APEXTRANS technology.
- Powerful editing tools help customize your videos, like trimming, cropping, adding watermark, subtitles etc.
- Burn and customize videos to your DVD or Blu-ray disc with free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Transfer videos from computer to iPhone, iPad and other devices directly and vice versa.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6