- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. Convert to Any Format+
- 1.1 Best Video Converter to MP4
- 1.2 Top 8 Free Video Converter to MP4
- 1.3 Top 9 3GP Video Converters
- 1.4 Online Video Converters to AVI
- 1.5 Top 5 MPEG Video Converters
- 1.6 FLV Video Converters
- 1.7 6 Free Video to JPG Converters
- 1.8 Top 10 Video to GIF Converters
- 1.9 Top 6 Video to Text Converters
- 2.0 Top 5 TP Converters in 2020
- 2.1 Top 5 Free WebM Video Converters
- 2.2 Top 5 HTC Video Converters
- 2.3 Best 5 MOD/TOD Converters
- 2.4 Best 7 WTV Converters
- 2.5 Top 10 2D to 3D Video Converters
- 2. Video to Audio Converters+
- 3. Video Converters for Device+
- 4. Other Video Converters Tips+
- 4.1 Top 10 Free Video Converters Windows
- 4.2 Top 11 Online YouTube Converters
- 4.3 Free YouTube Video Converters
- 4.4 Facebook Video Converters
- 4.5 Is Online Video Converter Safe
- 4.6 Video Format Converters
- 4.7 Top 5 Video Size Converters
- 4.8 Top 6 Video Resolution Converters
- 4.9 Batch Video Converters
- 4.10 Top 5 MXF Converters
- 4.11 DVR-MS Converter
- 4.12 Alternative to HandBrake
- 4.13 HandBrake Settings
- 4.14 Alternative to Movavi Windows
- 4.15 Best Alternative to Movavi
- 4.16 Alternative to Freemake
- 4.17 YouTube Playlist Downloader
- 4.18 Windows Media Player Alternatives
- 4.19 4K to 1080p Converter
- 4.21 Download Sound Effects
- 4.22 Edit Videos Easily
- 4.23 Video Editors for Beginners
- 4.24 Maximize Study Efficiency
- 4.25 Convert Online Videos for Phone
- 4.26 Top 10 Online Study Sites
- 4.29 Online WLMP Converter
- 4.30 6 Popular AMV Converters
- 4.31 Best Format Factory Alternative
- 4.32 Top 10 Free Quicktime Converter
- 4.33 How to Screen Capture in iMovie
- 4.34 How to Join Movies in iMovie
- 4.35 Easy WAy to Cut Video in iMovie
- 4.36 How to Crop Video in iMovie
- 4.37 Best Free Google MP3 Converters
- 4.38 Top 11 Google MP4 Converters
Top 9 Free Video Converter to MP4 for Windows/Mac 2023
If you are trying so hard to find a free video converter for both Windows and Mac OS, then here you will find not just one but a complete list of free video to mp4 converter. With these programs, you will convert to or from MP4, MKV, MOV, MPG, AVI, 3GP, and more formats.
Watch Videos to Learn How to Convert Videos to MP4
- Part 1. Best Free Video Converter Alternative to Convert AVI/VOB/WMV to MP4
- Part 2. Top 8 Free Video Converter to Convert Videos to MP4
Part 1. Best Free Video Converter Alternative to Convert AVI/VOB/WMV to MP4
As an all-in-one converter, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) will provide you the benefits of multiple tools for various purposes. It supports more than 1000 formats for media files and consists of other tools for editing, compressing, recording, and other functions. It is an ideal choice for you to convert videos, not only because of its 120x conversion speed but also the output quality without any loss. If you want to convert video to MP4, Wondershare UniConverter can be the best free video to MP4 converter. It is available for both Windows and Mac OS.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Best video converter to convert video/audio files in any format with 120X faster speed and high-quality output.
- Support the most popular video and audio formats, including MP4/AVI/MKV/MP3/WAV/M4A/M4B.
- Download files from 10,000+ websites by pasting URLs.
- Quickly transfer files from Mac/PC to iPhone/iPad/Android devices without any quality loss.
- Burn files to DVD with free templates, super burning speed, and high-quality output.
- Additional functions include Fix Media Metadata, video compressor, GIF Maker, Screen Recorder, and DVD Copy.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps on how to convert videos with Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Add Files to Best Free Video Converter Alternative
Begin with downloading and installing the software on your system. Launch it to open up the home page where you can start the process. Open up the Converter tab, and you will see the +Add Files option on the left side of the screen. Click it to select your video/audio files present on your PC/Mac.
Step 2 Select Output Video/Audio Format
Now, it is time to select the output format you want to convert to. In the drop-down menu of the Convert All Files to option, you can choose a video/audio format according to your demands. For example, if you need to convert MP4 to MP3, you can choose the audio format. Suppose we want to convert the file to MP4, then we will select it and also select the resolution of the video.
Step 3 Edit Videos Before Converting (Optional)
Another option you have is the editing part. You can perform editing on the video file you are about to convert. It can be used to apply effects, add subtitles, watermark, or adjust the volume of the video. If not, then you can directly skip to Step 4 for the final point of the process.
Step 4 Convert Video/Audio Files Easily
Now, you have to tap on the Convert button or select the Start All option at the bottom of the screen. The process will automatically start and will be done in a few moments.
You can also choose the High-Speed Conversion Mode for the process. You will find the file in the default storage space for the Wondershare UniConverter. You can also change the storage location of the files while converting the format.
Part 2. Top 8 Free Video Converter to Convert Videos to MP4
- Any Video Converter
- Freemake Video Converter
- Format Factory
- Wondershare Free Video Converter
- Totally Free Converter
- Quick Media Converter
Handbrake video converter to mp4 is free and allows the users to convert almost all different types of video formats. It is open-source software that makes it widely acceptable for many users. The software has so many inbuilt devices presets that allow the users to choose a specific profile specially optimized for the devices. This is a simple, easy, and fast tool that gives many advanced options to the users. The software has several more features like batch scanning, chapter makers, support for VFR and CFR, title or chapter range selection, video filtering, and average bit rate video encoding. You can also have a Live Static and Video Preview of the files. Other than the features, this utility tool is completely free to be downloaded on your system and doesn't even require any license to activate it.
Supported OS: The Handbrake Video Converter supports Windows, Mac, Linux, and even has a Command-Line version.
Input Formats: The most common multimedia files format and the DVD and Blu-ray sources are protected.
- The tool is entirely safe to download and install on any OS.
- It can also be used to add subtitles to videos.
- The software doesn't support audio format conversion.
- The output format list is also limited to only a few widely accepted formats.
2. Any Video Converter
This is software that offers easy-to-use features for video format conversion. Using the free video converter for AVI to MP4 format is very simple as it has quite an intuitive interface. It can be used to convert the format of video files and still manage to maintain its High-Definition quality. This format conversion tool also supports audio formats and can merge multiple videos into one, making it a single file. The software is handy for downloading videos from YouTube too. A simple Editor is also provided within the software, which can perform trim, and crop function and can add effects to the videos. Moreover, it also has a Burner that will easily burn the data files into DVDs. Over time, many alternatives to it have appeared on the market.
Supported OS: This software can be used on Apple devices, Windows, Android, and other devices.
Input Formats: The list of Input video formats consists of 3GP, AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPEG, MTS, OGG, WEBM, VOB, WMV, and some other formats.
- The software supports a variety of formats.
- It can also be used to add effects and perform basic editing on the video file before conversion.
- The software is compatible with all Operating Systems.
- The main drawback of the software is that it asks to buy the Any Video Converter Pro version every single time when you convert a file.
- Sometimes, additional software gets downloaded along with it.
3. Freemake Video Converter
Freemake Video Converter is a video-to-mp4 converter freeware, as its name suggests. The software has a simple design and unique interface that supports a massive number of formats for conversion. It can also trim videos, added subtitles, and other essential editing functions. The software also has the capability of a CD/DVD burner to burn media files on data discs. It can also be used to merge multiple video files to form a single file. The best feature of the software is that it gets updated frequently to remove any possible bugs and improve its performance.
Supported OS: The software is only compatible with Windows Operating System.
Input Formats: Includes over 500 formats. Some of the most popular formats are 3GP, AVI, FLAC, M4A, MP4, MKV, OGV, WMA, WMV, etc.
- It has a wide array of format support.
- It can be used to download and convert online videos too.
- The software comes pre-configured to be compatible with many mobile phones.
- The conversion speed is relatively low.
- There is no support for Mac OS.
4. Format Factory
Format Factory is software that allows users to convert the format of media files. This convenient utility tool makes it super easy to change the format of the video files. It is a video converter to mp4 free which facilitates file sharing, saves disk space, and even has compatibility with multiple mobile devices. The features of the software are easily accessible due to its intuitive interface. It is an overall nice utility software that finishes the conversion process quickly. Furthermore, it can also be used to repair damaged video and audio files with its built-in tools.
Supported OS: The software is supported by Windows OS only.
Input Formats: MP4, MPG, AVI, 3GP, FLV, WAV, and many more formats.
- The software has lots of options for the target file format.
- Its interface is very intuitive, which makes it easy to learn.
- The Comprehensive Help file is effective as it provides a solution for almost all the processes.
- Sometimes fails to live up to the expectations.
- The capabilities and functions are not fully efficient.
5. Wondershare Free Video Converter
Wondershare Free Video Converter is also available as entirely free software. This free video converter can be installed on any system that you like. It is one of the top choices for video conversion in both Windows and Mac operating systems. The software offers 30X faster speed than any other software and supports over 1000+ formats. It can also be used for converting videos from YouTube directly. It is recommended to use the Premium version of the software to get the benefits of the application without any restrictions. It also consists of a Screen recorder, 4K, and HD Video Converter, Video Metadata Editor, and GIF Maker, and can transfer media files directly to mobile phones or any other connected storage device.
Supported OS: The software is compatible with both Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
Input Formats: The supported Video Input formats of the Wondershare Free Video Converter includes MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, FLV, VOB, 3GP, OGV, WEBM, WMV, and other popular formats.
- The software has a High-Speed Conversion Mode for fast processing.
- It also supports batch processing.
- It can be used to Burn files to data discs too.
- It can convert videos from one format to another without losing quality.
- The files will contain the watermark.
- Free software consists of lots of advertisements.
6. Totally Free Converter
Totally Free Converter is the software that can perform the task of a fully efficient converter along with being a media player and downloader. This free video converter to mp4 format and others supports many multimedia formats and saves your system's quality of files and disk space. The software can easily be installed on the computer and is easier to be used. The configuration of the software is very simple. The feature lacking in the software is the customization of the resolution and quality of the video files. But still, the original quality of the video files is kept intact even after the file format conversion.
Supported OS: Windows only.
Input Formats: AVI, MPG, MP4, WMV, 3GP, RM, FLV, WEBM, MOV, VOB, MTS, WMA, AAC, OGG, etc.
- Its interface is pretty simple and compact.
- The conversion process is also fast compared to other software.
- Much third-party software is bundled up with the software. So, the installation process must be carried out with precision.
QuickTime is the default and built-in media player of the Mac Operating System. Apart from video playing, the software application has many other functions. Such as, it can be used as a free video converter to mp4 and other formats too. When using the QuickTime software, there is no need for any other software as it will download videos from online sources, perform format conversion, and act as a media player. Even the video file format conversion process is easy enough to be carried out by a first-time user.
Supported OS: As it is the built-in player of Mac OS, the supported OS is also Mac only.
Input Formats: MOV, MP4, M4V, M4A, MPEG, and some other popular formats supported by Mac OS.
- The software is in-built; hence there is no need for a download.
- It has easy to use and simple interface.
- The resolution and quality of the files during conversion are appropriately maintained.
- It has limited codec support.
- The list of features is also very short.
- There is no batch processing option.
8. Quick Media Converter
Quick Media Converter is a utility tool that makes it very simple to convert the formats of video files. The video converter to mp4 is free for download but only supports Windows OS. The variety of formats is handled in a good way. The interface makes it very simple to understand which format is supported ion, which device, and makes the conversion easy. The software is safe to download on your system as it doesn't contain any malware or virus, and it won't leave a watermark on your video either.
Supported OS: The software is only compatible with Windows Operating System.
Input Formats: The main formats are VOB, MPEG, WMA, XMV, WAV, WEBM, OGG, MTV, AVI, 3GP, etc.
- The software has many advanced options for file conversion.
- There is an option to create your profile so that the most preferred format can be added to your profile for future conversions.
- It can also be used to capture videos from the webcam.
- The software's navigation system is a little bit difficult to operate.
- The extra format support makes the design faulty.
Hence, we have provided you with several best video converters to mp4 free to download and use. The users can choose any of them if they don't want to try out the paid software. But it is still recommended that you use the Wondershare UniConverter to have the benefits of various software into a single software.