- 1. Convert Videos to Any Format+
- 1.1 Best Video Converter to MP4
- 1.2 Top 8 Free Video Converter to MP4
- 1.3 Top 9 3GP Video Converters
- 1.4 Online Video Converters to AVI
- 1.5 Top 5 MPEG Video Converters
- 1.6 FLV Video Converters
- 1.7 6 Free Video to JPG Converters
- 1.8 Top 10 Video to GIF Converters
- 1.9 Top 6 Video to Text Converters
- 2.0 Top 5 TP Converters in 2020
- 2.1 Top 5 Free WebM Video Converters
- 2.2 Top 5 HTC Video Converters
- 2. Video to Audio Converters+
- 3. Video Converters for Device+
- 4. Other Video Converters Tips+
- 4.1 Top 10 Free Video Converters Windows
- 4.2 Top 11 Online YouTube Converters
- 4.3 Free YouTube Video Converters
- 4.4 Facebook Video Converters
- 4.5 Is Online Video Converter Safe
- 4.6 Video Format Converters
- 4.7 Top 5 Video Size Converters
- 4.8 Top 6 Video Resolution Converters
- 4.9 Batch Video Converters
- 4.10 Top 5 MXF Converters
- 4.11 DVR-MS Converter
- 4.12 Alternative to HandBrake
- 4.13 HandBrake Settings
- 4.14 Alternative to Movavi Windows
- 4.15 Best Alternative to Movavi
- 4.16 Alternative to Freemake
- 4.17 YouTube Playlist Downloader
- 4.18 Windows Media Player Alternatives
- 4.19 4K to 1080p Converter
- 4.20 Upload Screen Recording
- 4.21 Download Sound Effects
- 4.22 Edit Videos Easily
- 4.23 Video Editors for Beginners
- 4.24 Maximize Study Efficiency
- 4.25 Convert Online Videos for Phone
- 4.26 Top 10 Online Study Sites
- 4.27 HEVC Converter
- 4.28 H.265 Video Converter
- 4.29 Online WLMP Converter
- 4.30 6 Popular AMV Converters
- 4.31 Best Format Factory Alternative
- 4.32 Top 10 Free Quicktime Converter
- 4.33 How to Screen Capture in iMovie
- 4.34 How to Join Movies in iMovie
- 4.35 Easy WAy to Cut Video in iMovie
- 4.36 How to Crop Video in iMovie
- 4.37 Best Free Google MP3 Converters
- 4.38 Top 11 Google MP4 Converters
Top 10 Free Video to Audio Converters for 2020
When you want to only use the audio content from your local video files, it makes sense to convert video to audio to save some additional storage space on your PC/Mac. Additionally, when you want to play your video files on your music player which only supports audio files, a video to audio conversion also be needed. Here, we will introduce 10 free video to audio converters and how to convert YouTube videos to audio format in simple steps.
- Part 1. Best 5 Free Online Video to Audio Converters
- Part 2. Top 5 Free Video to Audio Converter Applications on Windows/Mac
- Part 3. Recommended Way to Convert YouTube Video to Audio
If you do not have much space to download any software on your PC/Mac, online video to audio converter is your excellent choice for extracting audio files from your videos. These online program works from browser windows, support decent features, and are free to use. Now, let us know about these top-rated online tools.
Using this online program from your Windows or Mac browser, you can convert all popular video formats to MP3, WAV, WMA, M4A, and other popular audio files. Local video files can be added to the program, and after the conversion is completed, the download link for the converted audio is available at the interface itself. Online UniConverter allows adding a maximum of two files at a time for conversion. The process of conversion is simple, and the speed depends on Internet connectivity.
- Works from the browser and needs no software installation or registration.
- Allows adding two files at a time.
- Supports all popular audio and video formats.
- Has additional video features, like editing videos, compressing videos/images, making GIFs, and cutting audio, etc.
- It only supports converting two videos at a time.
- The speed depends on the Internet connection.
Online Audio Converter is a free online app that converts audio files easily. It supports different video formats to convert to MP3, WAV, FLAC, OGG, and M4R for iPhone ringtone, etc. Also, it processes the conversion quickly, and you don't have to install any software. This converter can convert multiple files in a batch. There is no worry that someone can have access to your data because your files are deleted from the server automatically after you finish the process.
- Supports extracting audio from the video.
- Allows editing track information.
- Supports working in a browser.
- No additional features.
- Limited formats support compared with professional tools.
Using this video to audio converter, you can convert a range of video files to MP3, AAC, FLAC, and other widely used audio formats. The process of conversion is simple that you can add video files from PC, Dropbox, Google Drive, or through a URL. Under the optional settings, audio bit rate, sampling rate, and audio channels can be edited. There is also an option to trim the unwanted parts of the audio file. Online Convert also allows you to normalize the audio file, and the conversion settings can be given a name and saved for future extractions. The converted file can be downloaded from the interface of the tool.
- No need for software installation or registration
- Allows trimming audio files
- Allows to change audio file parameters as needed
- No batch processing
- Limited formats to output.
When it comes to online tools, Zamzar is a popular tool that supports conversion between an array of file types and formats, including video to audio. All popular video formats are supported by the program for conversion in decent quality. The added video files can be extracted to MP3, AAC, AIFF, FLAC, and other commonly used audio formats. The interface of Zamzar allows adding local videos or their URL. Drag and drop also function here. The converted files link is sent to the provided mail id from where they can be downloaded. The interface of the tool is straightforward to use and understand. If you are looking for a primary conversion tool without any frills, this is the best choice.
- Allows adding files through URL in addition to local videos.
- Converted files link are sent to the desire mail id.
- No editing or additional features.
- Internet dependency.
Online Converter is a versatile and multipurpose converter, which contains Unit Converter, Video Converter, Audio Converter, Image Converter, Ebook Converter, and Document Converter. The converter is completely free service, and you can access this online service anytime and anywhere. The audio converter supports standard audio formats, including MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, ALAC, M4A, AMR, OGG, AAC, M4R, and more, and even can convert custom audio format for iPhone and Android.
- Works for video, audio, documents, images, and archives.
- Supports source from URL links.
- No editing or additional features.
- The conversion process is not quick.
If you don't mind compromising on a few features for a pocket-friendly conversion process, then there are many free video to audio desktop programs available. These free tools support basic video to audio conversion in decent quality and with all needed features. Listed below are the best free video and audio converters to use for free.
This video to MP3 converter is free to download and available for Windows as well as Mac system and allows converting video formats to popular audio files. The converted files are of excellent quality but come with a watermark. The audio quality of the output can be chosen depending upon the available space and requirements. Wondershare Free Video Converter also allows downloading MP3 files from videos in a few simple steps. Additional features include video editing, recording 1-minute videos of Skype and PC, transfer of video and audio files to iOS and Android devices with restriction to a maximum of 5 files.
This is a free video to audio converter desktop program that supports over 300 video formats for conversion to audio files. More than 40 popularly used audio formats, including MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, FLAC, M4A, and others, are supported for conversion. The converter supports trimming and removing the not needed audio parts of the file. The trimmed part can also be used as a ringtone and for other uses. Multiple audio files in different formats can also be added to make it a single audio file using the tool. Presets for all popular formats are supported to avoid quality and other issues. To enhance the quality, effects, and filters can be applied like adding ReplayGain, Normalize, changing speed, changing volume, and others. The software supports batch processing of up to 32 files at a time.
Supported by Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP SP3, this free video to audio converter has a simple interface that makes the conversion process easy. The software supports popular video formats like AVI, M4V, WMV, FLV, and others for audio extraction. The added files can be converted to MP3 and WAV lossless format, and there is an option to choose the quality of the files from high, standard, and economy options. The software automatically fills the title tag and the artwork. The process takes place by taking the snapshot from the mid of the video, which is then checked through iTunes, Windows Explorer folder, or Winamp. You can download and install the software without any worries as it is free from adware and spyware.
Freemake Video Converter supports converting to many formats, including AVI, MKV, and mobile formats like 3GP and MP4. The great thing about this software is that it allows users to run more than one conversions at once and merge multiple audios into one larger file. You can also use it to trim videos and add subtitles. This audio converter also can convert video files directly to a DVD or Blu-ray disc, and it provides an option to make a DVD menu when burning files to a disc. You can use it to download streaming clips from video sites and extract audio from video clips. But this converter has no speedy conversion and has not been updated for a long time.
Movavi Video Converter is another excellent video and audio file converter, which can support many different formats such as MP3, MP4, WAV, WMV, AVI, WAV, DVD, and AAC among others. There is no need to worry about using it because it's easy to learn and use, even on a surface level. The interface is user-friendly, and even people who have never used a video converter before will have no trouble in using it. It also has a healthy library of preprogrammed conversion and optimization profiles. But it has no feature that allows users to download videos online and cannot burn converted videos to DVD.
To get your video files converted to an audio format in the best quality, Wondershare UniConverter is the best choice. This professional desktop software supports over 1,000 formats and allows conversion between them at a super-fast speed. All types of video files can be easily converted to MP3, WMV, WAV, FLAC, AAC, and other popular audio formats in just a few clicks. You can also choose the quality of the output audio file as needed. Additional features supported by the program include video downloading from over 10,000 sites, video recording, video editing, disc burning, and others. With Wondershare UniConverter, you can download videos to MP3 format in just a single click.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video to Audio Converter for Mac / Windows
- Convert video to audio files with 30X faster speed and high-quality output.
- Support 1,000+ video/audio formats like MP4/MOV/MKV/AVI/MP3/WAV/WMA/M4A, and so on.
- Download videos to MP3 files directly by pasting URLs.
- Built-in video/audio editor to crop, trim, rotate, add watermarks, apply effects to the video/audio files.
- Transfer video/audio files from PC/Mac to iOS/Android devices via a USB cable.
- Burn and customize videos to DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- Toolbox with additional functions like VR Converter, GIF Maker, Fix Media Metadata, Cast to TV, and more.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Video Tutorial to Convert Video to Audio Using Wondershare UniConverter
Steps to Convert Video to Audio with the Best Video to Audio Converter:
Step 1 Open Wondershare Video to Audio Converter and Add Videos
Download Wondershare video to audio converter from its official website or download links above, then install and launch it quickly. By default, you'll go to the Video Converter tab. Click on the button to browse and import local video files to be converted. Drag and drop is also available here.
Step 2 Choose Output Audio Format
After videos are added, click on Output Format: drop-down menu on the top-right corner. From the new window, select the Audio tab that will show the list of supported audio formats. Select your desired audio format from the list and the output quality from the given options.
Step 3 Convert Videos to Audio Files
On the bottom File Location location, select folder on your computer where the converted file will be saved. Click on Start All button to start converting video files to audio format. On the program interface, the converted audio files can be checked from the Finished tab.
Conclusion: Wondershare UniConverter is a complete conversion tool if you want to convert MP4 to MP3 files with a good experience on speed, quality, formats, and others. Just download and install the program and enjoy loss quality audio extraction from your video files.